1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier agrees with TMAC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t_mac1, Dec 25, 2008.

1. packet

packet Member

Lets face the fact, McGardy is not a lengend or a great player who can impose his will ... like the Jordan, Larry Bird "Poor Back & All", Hakeem & Bryant.

McGrady has lots of talent and physical abilities, but has no heart. will or leadership skills. Michael Jordan was not only great because of his skills but he showned his teamate that the superstar is putting in allout. McGradey record shows and the reason why he has never made it beyond 1st round and hardly shows up for bug games or match up ... because it is such a hard work to gaurd and play against Kobe or King James :eek:

I have stop expecting much from McGrady and hope other pieces develop, so they can carry rockets on bad nights

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Didn't Kobe get knee surgery a couple of years ago, miss a little time, then look like his normal self pretty quickly? In fact, wasn't that one of the two seasons where he won the scoring title?

Regardless, my theory is don't play McGrady in both games of every back-to-back (Shaq treatment). His body can't handle it and he actually hurts the team when he can't finish a wide open fastbreak or tries to pass the ball immediately every time he gets it (yes, passing is good but not when it's because you can't move if you wanted to).

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How many all-star games has Batter played in? Has he every lead the NBA in scoring? Face it 4 points from our star player is never acceptable!

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

well he's not like tracy and shane, who are still recovering from injuries.

5. t_mac1

nah, tracy gotta man up. swelling on the knee? that ain't nothing. :rolleyes:

6. t_mac1

why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt now?

look if tracy was healthy and he puts in games like this, i'll agree with you guys that the effort and passion aren't there. that's why i agreed that tracy mailed in those games in his last yr in orlando (he didn't want to be there anymore). and he did blow some games near the end of the season a few seasons ago (v. warriors) b/c those games were meaningless and the games were unimportant.

but you can never question tracy when he plays v. the big games (like the lebrons). he ALWAYS plays well v. lebron and always looks to play v. lebron. but when he has a bad game like this v. lebron (when he has always played well), it's not him, but it's his body. the body just won't cooperate.

but when he's in pain, tracy's body absorbs those pain harder b/c his backs comes into play, then his knee... and those 2 are the most important parts of playing any sport. and thus he can't do the things he usually can do.

but tracy's body language is ALWAYS the same in 99% of the games. watch how he played v. boston earlier this yr compared to yesterday's game. his body language is the same. one he had a great game, the other a stinker. it is what it is.

his body language is up to interpretation b/c of his past i guess. but when he's not feeling good, he's gonna put in some bad games. it's simple as that. adelman has to see this early and limit his minutes.

7. stangend77

stangend77 Member

what did they agree about that t-mac is a she-mac :D

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

agreed, he can average 1 pt a game for 82 games for all i care, but if he shows up in the playoffs, somehow, whether it be points, assists, defense, w/e, than i'll be happy. we've got enough power to win without him, the cavs game should have been won, we just couldn't execute our game plan with our bigs in foul trouble. yet another reason to acquire mutumbo!

9. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

They really need to have some kind of Rockets/basketball IQ test before you can become a member. It's my first season here at Clutch but I always leave here disappointed by the attitude and opinions of these so called Rocket's fan.

To put up those kind of career numbers and have "no heart" is just plain stupid. Furthermore, to start "TMAC sucks" threads everytime the man has a bad game is just as stupid. Perhaps I will start "TMAC is the greatest bball player" threads everytime he has a good game.

Also, it's very obvious most of the people have not played sports competitively or don't know much about injuries and rehab. TMAC is balancing conditioning, game nights, and inflammation on his knee.

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i'm sorry did kobe have surgery? o yah he has a hurt pinkie...waaa, you're an idiot. don't compare an injured player to a player who is has no pain. tmac should take those shots that he took last year...i think he was limited to only 3 or something so he had to pick his games, but i wonder if he can take some again this season, i'm no doctor, just throwing out random suggestions, try acupuncture? try anything to limit the pain, i do know what it's like to have back spasms, not nearly as bad as his i'm sure since he plays at a much higher level and at a much more constant rate, but he should try something unconventional. my grandmother shattered her back at 18, had probably 15 surgeries in her life on it, and had severe pain until her late 70s early 80s when she started trying acupuncture, it works on some people, perhaps he should give it a whirl?

11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

TMAC would always have excuses, just gotta live with it.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Kobe did get knee surgery before the 06-07 season. He ended up missing only 5 games that year on his way to his 2nd straight scoring title.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2597017

Read the story, it sounds almost exactly like McGrady's situation, including the timing of the surgery and when he was expected to return. He was also, like McGrady, playing with the pain the year before (when he averaged over 35 ppg and won his first scoring title).

His numbers in 06-07 (right after surgery and a year after rape):

31.6 ppg (46.3 FG%), 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg and a scoring title

We all need to stop making excuses for McGrady. His body is broken down and wasn't built to last 10+ years in this league. The back, the knees, etc...

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Tmac's body language has always been like that even when he's healthy. That's why he's labeled as lazy. But the difference is you can't tell if he's lazy because he's not healthy or he's lazy even when he's healthy.

14. Ready

Ready Member

I'm just so glad shane battier has said something so we can better understand what's going on and to not put blame on t-mac.

this is good team energy and vibe.

15. blender

blender Member

Yeah, now that I think of it, you're probably right about the Cavs game.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Battier made it through, Tmac sat himself down...do you see the difference?

DD

17. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

No I don't....because Adelman sat him down after seeing he was limping in the 4th quarter.

18. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

As the highest-paid player of Rox, perhaps TMac should consider to change his body language to that of a proactive one for the benefit of the team. Most fans do not like to see star players with "lazy" attitude on the court.

Only TMac feels about his knee condition during a game. The coaching staff don't unless with TMac's feedback.

Once the knee hurts he should immediately ask for rest instead of staying on the court. Sub-par performance and lazy attitude of any player (no matter the cause) would do nothing good to the team. Healthy players with fresh legs like Von Wafer or Luther Head would have a better chance of at least strengthening the Rox defense in the last game.

If he continues to play while his knee is hurting, that might cause serious permanent injury making him unable to contribute come playoff time.

RA should be paying more attention to recovering players' playing time (especially TMac's). We need everybody healthy in the playoff for the championship title.

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Maybe you are desensitized from his Orlando days? If Battier put up 25 ppg with the Grizzlies, came here and averaged what he is now, in ppg production, wouldn't you question his intensity?

20. slickman120

slickman120 Member

People, people, people!!!!!!!!!!1 Tracy has no heart, Tracy is fragile, Tracy has no care for the game.........

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wasn't he missing a lot of free throws and having the worst percentage of 3 point shot in his career? Wow, he has worked on his weaknesses with a bum knee and scoliosis. Every night he plays, he plays against some of the most athletic people in the world. Some people arn't built kobe tough, or to that extent.

So calm down! People don't go to your work and critisize everything you ****, eat, and drink. Let him play and when it comes play off time and he does not show up WHEN IT COUNTS, then I will agree with the t-mac haters. But till then, we have a winning record, we arn't the grizzlies, we don't have double digit losses, and we are second in the standings.

SHUT UP T-MAC HATERS, FOR PETE SAKE IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!1