1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Cavaliers 99, Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

great pity, almost win

2. ibm

ibm Member

right on. they're in the penalty when there were 7+ minutes left and we 're trailing by 6-7 (?). looks to me adelman used a yao+4 shooters lineup and all the plays from there were either yao shoots or someone shoots a 3. why not cut to the rim to get easy buckets or foul shots? and as hot as rafer had been, he should've entered the 4th earlier and been the designated 3-shooter (instead of ron or battier).

and morey really needs to work extra hard to get a good backup 5. every time yao goes out, our middle and the interior instantly becomes a chunck of swiss cheese.

the cavs were the same old team. their only improved position was the pg in mo williams, but not by a lot. had everyone been 100% healthy on our team, or the refs been even just half decent, we'd have a pretty good chance to win - in their house, in a 2nd game of a b2b, and in a 4th game in 5 nights. no reason for us to feel too bad.

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

what are you talking about MO Williams dominated today, especially when Brooks was in the game.

4. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

As in not being able to run down the f!cking court? Yeah that makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

5. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

The Scola turnovers pissed me off. It just killed our momentum. And the commentators....Jesus Christ...oh well

Merry Christmas, folks

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Cavs are not contenders, Lebron is great but they have a very weak roster, without the referees and possibly the worst game I have seen as far as offensive fouls called the Rockets would have won easily, even with a Tmac that seemed to be sulking out there.

Just a joke of a game.......they screwed Houston and particularly Yao all night long.

WOW !

DD

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

+1

We played them even without Tracy or Yao for most of the game. Sad for them. We're clearly the better team.

8. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Reefer starts rox lose doesnt matter if he played well :rolleyes:

Brooks starts for 5 game straight rox win :cool:

I am not blaming this on the refs, its the foolish coach :mad:

Given more playing time Brooks will just blew them Cavs apart.

9. DaDakota

I wish Yao would have gotten himself thrown out and then complained about it to the media afterwards, even called the refs racist....

Make Stern sweat and fix the way they are calling the game on him....he gets the worst treatment by referees I have ever seen.

Shaq used to get some of the same treatment, but he would MOW people down and not get a call so it evened out...Yao doesn't do that....he just takes it.

DD

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I understand the "glue guy" thesis, but he also needs to show up in the stat. sheet.

11. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

What you can said? no Yao and No TMac at all...but the last blok of James on Yao? that's the Kings can do..see ya Cavs in Houston. That's the payback time!

12. newengland

newengland Member

I looked at the cavs but could not be convinced that was a contenders' caliber team. period...um...at least not without the ref's special services...

Once LeBron got neutralized by the zone defence in the end, they had to rely on the outside shootings of gibson, MoWill and even the big ugly Z. I saw nutheeeen scary at all.

13. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Real talk,maybe this message board can encourage Yao to do so. The fans in china need to start complaining maybe boycott some of these wack games.

14. alethios

alethios Member

I have to agree with those who say this was a team loss. No matter what the individual effort amounted to, if they stop playing as a team, then they lose. There's a lot to that team chemistry and willingness to fight. I hope they get inspired by RonRon's play and put this one behind them.

Really missed Deke tonight...

15. DaDakota

I have been hard on Rafer, but tonight, I have to say, he was FRICKEN amazing.....and Brooks was not bad either.....our PG tandom played well, but particularly Rafer.

DD

16. Jack.Yeng

Jack.Yeng Member

black whistle anywhere

17. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

if he does that, i am pretty sure he will just get less and less calls. Stern really hates generating that sort of controversy. Yao just have to take those like a man. He does get a lot of calls at home, so i am ok with it in general.

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Does anyone know where I can see post-game interview videos like Hilltopper used to post?

19. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Stern also has to protect the chinese market and all those endorsements and advertisments etc..

20. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I missed the game but I got to hear two long winded passionate fans real talking about McGrady in the post game show on my way home. I also heard Yao and Artest each got a tech. When will Adelman take one for one of his players? When refs fall for flops by known floopers they deserve to have their IQ questioned during a game. So Adelman, what were you waiting for?

#260 rocketsregle, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008