1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Cavaliers 99, Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Its shocking that I did not see not 1 bad thing about Rafer :eek: this has got to be a first. Rafer doesn't get the blame for one game

2. TexAg

TexAg Member

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

the people just taking Tracy's poor performance tonight in stride.. by saying things like " I'm not worried, it was the 3rd straight game in 4 nights" "Tracy doesn't recover well on the latter end of back to backs" "he's still not 100%".. "he was fine untile tonight".. need to just stop.. take a good look at what he displayed out on the court today.. without turning away.. and simply accept.. the man is not going to ever be what he was.. firsty, he was not fine until tonight.. he was fine for a game (only thing lacking that game was his explosion and leap. had the handles, had the quick step, could sustain acceleration a little better than he had the rest of the season, and there was a return of a semblance of fluidity in his movements to the basket).. moving decently for the second... making due in his third.. and then.. tonight.. certaintly not a pattern that dictates there's nowhere to go from here but up..

what happened to his "I'm feeling good. I'm not worried about it, my lack of explosiveness, lack of speed. it's not there now, but I know it'll all come back".. ? his body certaintly hasn't exhibited the progressive signs to back up this remark that stems of what we've come to know to be a very shakeable confidence..

my god.. it's not like he simply slowed down by the back to back end of 3 games in 4 nights.. he was brought to a complete stop.. old Tracy is just not going to be... 3/4ths of old Tracy is also not going to be a constant on the court.. by his second game back his down to half of his former self..

Tracy needs to start worrying about preserving his productivity on the long-term basis.. and stop worrying about reaching for heights he's so used to reaching.. on short-term.. spurting.. temporary basis.. only to inevitably reduce himself down to this.. again..

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

firstly* until* ^

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Take a look at what he did all this week?

6. jondoe

jondoe Member

I love Tracy's game, but its hard to love the player when he doesnt look like he is giving 100%. I know he is supposidly hurt, but gadzooks could you at least try? Is that too much to ask when you get paid a quarter of a million per game?

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

evidently.. you didn't read the entire post..

8. Mr Chuck Norris

You mean like when he had that triple double against the then number 2 seed Nuggets??????

9. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I knew someone would bring that up but that isn't a team known for it's defense. Definitely gave McGrady for his dues, but he WILL disappear in statement games. And the Nuggets are being exposed. They are better with Billups, but not 2nd place in the west.

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Tracy's a moody player.. and a hardcore pessimist.. if his body won't allow him to do what he stubbornly still wants to do.. he surrenders to the idea that.. he's simply done.. and to attempt to contribute any other way other than passing the ball and burden to others..would be futile..

and no.. that doesn't mean I'm finding fault in his passing... I'm refering to his disgruntled reaction to being reduced to being a passing, off the ball moving, drive feigning threat, spot up shooter.. that made him make the decision to sit out until he could show at least 3/4ths of what he used to be.. and tonight's game.. where he seemed uninterested in doing anything else on offense and defense, other than handing it off, or bowing away to the other players on the team..

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Why doesn't Yao get all these BS fouls that other star players get? It seems the complete opposite with Yao where he gets nothing called.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Atleast we didn't lose to the Bucks. (lol Jazz)

13. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

Im not impressed by the Cavs at all, we're going to blow them out the next time we face em. feb 24, 2009.

14. King901

King901 Member

Let's be honest people, Rockets were extremely tired. Barry should have gotten more minutes seeing is how he wasn't tired. Wafer should have got in the game to guard Mo. Tmac should have got more rest. Ron should've stopped trying to take the stupid fade to the side threes. Where was Luther at? Why did the refs give all the bogus calls. Much props for Brooks and Barry at the end for trying to make the come back. Too little too late for Yao's crap. BTW, the zone failed. The reason we lost is because we were out ran. Landry fell under pressure when he was called upon early. Better luck next time. Also, I love the way Ron shoved Lebron.

15. Horowitz

Horowitz Member

我也以为是中超呢

16. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

Yao overplayed Z and fouled him out in 4th quarter because the letter 'Y' is always ahead of 'Z'.

17. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Landry hasn't been playing like he did last year. He made some horrible plays

18. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Are you serious the zone worked thats when the Rox got back in the game. And Ron does hit a lot of those fadeaway threes, thats not to blame. But agree 4 days in 5 nights too much, that won't happen in the playoffs

19. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Damn, refs, the MVP of this game. :mad:

Win next gam, Rox

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Is Tracey's knee hurt again? Any update?