1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer's back tonight. Does he start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rterry, Dec 23, 2008.

1. rterry

rterry Member

The Chronicle said Rafer comes back tonight. Does he go straight back into the starting lineup? I would give bringing him off the bench a try for a couple of games. If Rafer can't adjust you will have to revert back to starting him. You have to have 2 effective pg's to win and, unfortunately, if Rafer can't be effective off the bench, we know Brooks can be.

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Adelman already said on Rockets live last night that Rafer was starting.

3. CHI

CHI Member

coach basically said its not fair for him him lose his job cuz he got injured

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

I think Rafer is an adequate PG. But after last night, I'm becoming more sold on AB. I'd be curious to see Rafer at backup PG and see if he can be effective. If AB plays great but Rafer is a zero, the team might be better off keeping AB coming off the bench for instant offense.

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

We have plenty years ahead of us to start AB. I think Rafer will play god awful if he comes off the bench. Let AB play just as many minutes as Rafer, but have him bring the energy and scoring off the bench.

Our bench players need to bring their A game tonight. If they can, we will win.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Start?

No.

Backup?

Absolutely. Solid as a BACKUP.

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Let Brooks start! He is on fire!

8. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

He shouldn't, but he will.

Once Adelman sees Mo Williams abusing Alston, Brooks will get the majority of the minuets.

9. jason2

jason2 Member

It's a shame that AB won't start tonight..

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Heh. I think you've got another thing coming if you really think Aaron Brooks has a better shot at containing Mo Williams than Rafer Alston.

11. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

What do you mean it's not fair if rafer looses his job??????

I don't care who plays. I only care that we play the best basketball possible and that we win. If we are a better team with AB starting then start him. Who gives a rats a$$ about rafer's feelings or for that matter anyone else on this team. Winning is more important than anyone single player.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I definitely don't think ti is fair to lose your job over an injury, but that is not the case here in my opinion. Brooks has simply outperformed Rafer throughout this season. He needs to be the starter.

13. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Rafer starts... but AB finishes ;) he should have a good game hopefully.. they'll leave him open tonight

14. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Rafer may start but we know who'll finish. This team definitely runs better with Brooks putting all that pressure on opposing teams. I tip my hat to Brooks, Great job!!! :D

15. Th3 Drunk Goat

If Aaron Brooks doesnt start the game i'll be disappointed. What else does a point guard have to do to be starting? Aaron brooks is the reason why we had such a comfortable win over the nets. You'll never see Rafer make some of those shots the way Aaron can. And as for this "spark of the bench" theory i dont think it works for every team. Our team needs to get a big lead quick too knock the spirit out of the cavs.

16. jason2

jason2 Member

Agree, "spark of the bench" theory is rubbish, we can put Yao and MAc on bench so that we can spark afterwards according to that theory.

17. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Wow their really overconfident in their team. I remember the Cavs starting good for the past few seasons; albeit not this good and still limping into the playoffs. Here's the quote of the nights from a Cavs fan:

"Z > Yao
    Wallace < Scola
    LeBron >>>>>>>>> Battier
    Mo >>>> Brooks
    West = Mcgrady

Its in the bag. (Maybe)"

Their about on the same level as Celtics fans.

18. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

The last time we played the Cavs, Yao and T-Mac didn't do so well. But, Rafer spanked them with a MJ-like performance. lol And we got the victory because of Rafer.

19. Landlord Landry

but it's not fair for him to lose his job because he sucks either. mehhh.

20. Th3 Drunk Goat

Z > Yao?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In what dimension is this equation correct? Scola is better than father time Wallace. Lebron is way better than battier but t mac plus Yao plus Ron's offense should off set any points he puts up. Brooks isnt that much worse than mo. and West = Mcgrady?

I guarantee you guys that these people posting this crap never watched a cav game before Lebron and when he leaves for New York in a couple years they never will again. Cav fans = Bandwagon fans. Theres an equation for ya "cav fans".