1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

someone explain to me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yonasb, Dec 22, 2008.

1. LG7

LG7 Member

i don't have a problem how many rebounds yao has, as long as rockets get that w at the end, i can careless..

2. yeah

yeah Member

Agreed, If we win our games it doesnt matter if Yao gets the boards or if books gets them. If we win, the stats will be there; it may not be stacked all on one person but they will be there.

3. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Tell that to Boozer and Okur.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Let the excuses keep rollin in. When Yao is looking for someone to box out instead of feeling someone to box out, he loses the flight of the ball. Let other guys get the rebound is a excuse. Playing against the guy shooting is a excuse. Being slow and unatheletic is a excuse. We keep making excuses just like the playoffs against the jazz. Just get the rebound, no excuses.

5. killer instinct

manute bol avg.d just over 4 rbs a game his best year in 26 minutes and he was 7'6...... so according to the logic applied why is yao expected to rb any more than that.

can you explain how a 7'6 guy only averaged just at 5 pts his best season in the nba?

MANUTE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST EVER

I'm sorry I just can't explain it or how Dream scored 3 pts in a playoff game.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

One thing I notice with Yao, other than he's obviously just really slow, is it takes him longer to notice things happening around him. A number of times, the ball would bounce right near him and he just doesn't see it. Same thing with defenders. He gets the ball stripped from him from defenders coming from behind more than any other player, I bet.

I wonder if being deaf in one ear has anything to do with it.

7. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

How about just win no excuses.......Oh wait.......we did win!
    Yao Ming is not Shaq.
    Yao Ming is not Dwight Howard.
    Yao Ming is not Al Jefferson.
    Yao Ming is Yao Ming - 20 and 10 guy who has a badass fade-away and can make 90 % of his free throws. Be glad we have such a guy on our team not many teams do. Plus he tipped like 5 rebounds to Aaron Brooks the other night.

8. Splash

Splash Member

It has a lot to do with it.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What is he listening to or for? As long as you have eyes, why does it matter if you can see. You feel the man, bump and release. F' tippin, f' the excuse. He's capable, he just don't bring the effort.

10. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

You must be r****ded!!! Go poke a stick in your ear really hard so that you go deaf in one ear and see if your awareness is the same.Then lets make you 7'-6" so that you have lean your head down 2 feet just to hear what people are saying. Being deaf in one ear would be a lame excuse for a poor performance,but has Yao ever said I didnt get 10 rebounds tonight because I got a bum ear. Ask anyone in the Rockets management about Yao Mings work ethic and see what they say.The guy works harder than anybody , so much so that the Rockets staff has to monitor his practice time in fear that he will get hurt. They have to freaking tell him to stop working because he works too hard. F getting pretty stats for whiny little biyatches like yourself and just be happy for the only stat that matters W's.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

just hope the other players know this and chip in b/c we don't want another game like game 7 v. utah where we can't get a damn rebound and yao's man got everyone of those.

12. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

has this become a new fad?

we need to consolidate threads that are b*tchin about the same topic.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

yea. without one ear you can't react as quickly. yao has slow reflexes and movements, and rebounding requires at least average reflexes and higher than average movements.

have you ever seen yao extend his arms fully while grabbing a rebound? he always grabs it right before it hits his head, an obvious result of poor reflexes/movements. as a result yao is a poor rebounder.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yao does average near 11 rebounds a few years ago and 10+ last yr so it's not like he's a poor rebounder. he CAN rebound.

it's not a coincidence some games he dominates the boards and some games even a guard has more rebounds than him. those inconsistencies aren't signs of poor rebounding, but more if he wants it or not.

it's similar to whether he is aggressive attacking the basket. it's not b/c he's a poor attacker of the basket, it's whether he wants it or not.

if yao averages 6-7 rebounds for his career, then we can say he's a poor rebounder. but dude consistently puts up 10+, so he's not a poor rebounder.

it's whether he wants to make an effort and grab all those rebounds.

15. GMAC

GMAC Member

Yao's pacing himself. Let him average 5 boards a game, as long as he shows up and dominates come playoff time.

16. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

top rebounders are all on horrible rebounding team, so their stats are inflated. Rockets have always been a good rebounding team so yao's teammates do more to get rebounds = yao less rebounds, but team more rebounds.

17. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

18. jondoe

jondoe Member

There is a reason why Rox are always near the top in team rebounding.

19. joesr

joesr Member

actually another thing to look at is Yao will give the rebound to someone else as well. if another teammate especially brooks is also there he lets him get since brooks runs it up anyway.

you know for all you haters posting this stupid shiet instead of reading stats watch the damn game and you will see this and if you cant watch the game dont post this crap

other things to look at is yao tends to front his man on rebounds and lord knows good and well that not all rebounds just drop down sometimes long rebounds go beyond yao's 2 inch jumping range but he has to front his man or its a easy point

look at all aspects before writing your non nba iq thoughts

PS this is to the OP not the one I am replying to.

20. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Hey, Garnett had 1 rebound against the Bulls and we all know that he is a rebounding machine... I don't expect Yao to get all the rebounds, but I think he is kinda soft inside sometimes... BUT as long as we win, that is all the matters to me even if he doesn't get a rebound at all... Oh, he didn't have an FT either... That needs to be explained