1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Aaron Brooks ready for Devin Harris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Dec 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Genius, I like that, it fits.

And since money was the only reason he was cut which NBA team scooped up this NBA level player?

Oh what? He is in the Italian league you say? How could that be?

Oh...oh...oh...I know.....because he sucks.

DD

2. Seth

Seth Member

Both their bigs are a rookie and a sophmore, we gotta go inside with Scola and Yao, i think they both can school Brook Lopez and Yi "i´m 19" Jianlian.

3. killer instinct

So AB is too short to defend a shot and not physical enough to keep his man in front of him....... oh but Tmac initiates the offense and AB is lucky to score 10 pts and have 4 assists a game.

matt Maloney had better averages in the amount of minutes that AB has had, check it...... so do you trust AB as the new point guard on this team and why?Because he's fast, well maybe we should sign Bolt then. i think he's tall enough to stick a hand in a guys face for a straight up shot.

when it comes to Chris Paul and what he can do as a pg I ask you "THEN WHY HASN"T AB PLAYED LIKE PAUL ALL OF THE TIME?". What is missing is a lot if we are comparing these guys and yes Paul has problems with bigger PG's as well but not as bad as AB.

AB is not good enough to be the starter for this team and the fact that this question is posed shows you how bad our PGs are.

Devin Harris is in a league way above AB no matter what the results are tonight, he does it night in and night out. He is not the beneficiary of 3 superstars. AB is lucky to be in this league..... to bad we go back to that age old realization, as we do with Yao all of the time, that we are physically limited in some ways or other. its those weaknesses that will be attacked every night on the court. Vernon Maxwell could tell you what Jordans was, and I'm sure he could tell you what his was and AB's is as well.

i just don't trust AB's defense to be the PG on this team. I don't even think he has the AI ,more of a sg, factor going for him.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Killer,

AB is in his 2nd season, he is already a valuable contributor, but he hardly played last year, he will get better.

Will he be as good as the all start PGs you mentioned, well probably not..but we don't need him to be with the other 3 stars we have.

We just need him to put pressure on the other team with his speed, hit open shots, and play good smart team defense.

If Rajon Rondo is good enough then so is AB.....

DD

5. Splash

Splash Member

This is absurd, it should be the other way around. Rondo >>> AB.

6. Splash

Splash Member

Does that mean Bostjan Nachbar sucks too?

7. killer instinct

I want AB too be the guy, I do.BUT.

Rondo played right away from the beginning, he's fast and not tall.
    He gets his team running better than AB.
    The offense running better than AB.
    Defends better than AB.
    Rebounds and scores better than AB.

So AB is missing some of the fundamental qualities of a PG and they are not just things that you can just pick up sometimes, just like Yao's non intuition for the ball and rebounds.

I believe ,no matter how he develops, AB will exposed for his lack of height in the worst of times for the rockets, such as the playoffs.

I want him to succeed but even the best have weaknesses, like Barkleys defense, that hurts the team in the end and has nothing to do with ability or heart and has everything to do with the truth. You are only as tall as you play, and his defense and his lack of strong PG skills make him a great target for the playoffs and the presses and picks he cannot see over.

I think we need DEVIN HARRIS, not AB, and I'm sure you do as well and that is the problem.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

brooks has the speed but i dont think he will be able to stop harris from going off. harris is just as quick and will always have the advantage in that he will be the offensive player and he is a lot craftier as well. brooks will have to make harris defend as well but i dont see that happening as brooks is more of a stand still shooter rather than an attacking pg when he starts. also brooks doesnt run a lot of PnR out there with the starters.

harris will most likely will drive and have brooks at his hip most of the night and force brooks to the bench since harris flops every single drive. harris will be more difficult to guard because unlike billups and paul, harris is more of a scorer than someone who is looking to setup their teammates first.

hopefully the team can play great help defense out on harris.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I would love for a player of Devin Harris caliber, but AB is good enough, it is Rafer that is the problem.

DD

10. killer instinct

Dude ITS BOTH OF THEM that are the problem.

AB has a lot more than Rafer but he is still a big ? in the playoffs as well as when teams game plan to expose his most major weakness, his height.

you will be happy with guys shooting straight up over him with nothing he can do in the playoffs?

we pay all these guys all this money to have the other team take it to the shortest guy on the court.

Yao pays a price for his height and AB will as well.

regardless of his height i just feel he does not have that PG intuition and he does not make our stars better. It just a position that has to be filled.
    If TMac is running the point and offense then we should get another scorer or just play Battier and Artest the whole game..........oh wait they are not tall enough for the 4 spot......... JUST PART OF MY POINT EXACTLY on AB.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Well, YEAH!

So have Morey power his console into NBA Real Life franchise mode and get Devin Harris in.

Simple.

12. joesr

joesr Member

dude ron is hurting on ankles right now....

13. joesr

joesr Member

cmon now DD, Rafer was starting to pick up his game before he stepped out hurting. Just like last year, its taking everyone a hot minute to remember what the NBA standards are!

14. verse

verse Contributing Member

killer & DaDakota,

you're both right. brooks IS the best point guard we have and deserves the starting role. and he may be good enough against most of the league, since most teams don't have elite nba point guards. that said, he will have to compensate for his height againsy the harrises and billupses of the L. so far he has, but I do have concerns come playoff time.

killer: who do you propose we REALISTICALLY acquire to oust brooks? dj strawberry is not a legit option because he'll get exposed on the other end of the court. keep in mind, when it comes to bball, defense is a team concept and when facing top pgs, entire schemes are designed around defeating these guards.

DaDakota: if rafer goes to the bench, I fear his productivity and value may actually drop. jvg said it b4: rafer's the kind of player who gets better with repitition (time). his confidence goes down and he's worthless. so who do you we propose to oust rafer? cuz I believe he'll be (likely) garbage off the bench?

15. redao

redao Member

Harris seems not ready for Brooks.

2 fouls in 6 minutes of play........

yeah, Brooks for 4 point play.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aaron Brooks is sexy......

17. Keivan

Keivan Member

Harris ain't ready for AB

Brooks has done it all in one quarter

18. qian

qian Contributing Member

Brooks is making the statement tonite..he deserves the starter role and Rafer please come back after the Cavs game... :D

19. Dei

Dei Member

"Did you see how fast he was? He tricked me!"

20. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Any more questions?!