1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Steve Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by uci, Dec 17, 2008.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see Steve come back and contribute.

But I'm not going to second guess our coaching staff and say that we know better than them, and even though we haven't seen him we practice we know that he should be on the floor.

I hope that he can come back in and play, but not if it isn't going to be good for the team.

2. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

this should end all the talks......

Why are you refusing to answer any questions about Steve Francis? Apparently many fans are interested in what's going on with him. From your feeling from being around the team, do you think Steve will get on the court with the Rockets? Or he is glued to the bench? Or will he be traded/cut? Tell us what you think.

(The answer has not changed in months. No matter how many times you ask the same question that I have answered over and over again, the answer won't change. He has not come close to beating out the guards ahead of him. The Rockets would trade him if they could get a deal that helps them. -- Jonathan)

Posted by: Jeff at December 21, 2008 11:24 AM

3. H-town_playa2k2

Biased reporting. There's more to the story than this.

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

Hopefully...

Doesn't matter I guess. We are winning. Though, I followed the NBA because of Stevie, and want a happy ending story for him.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

yea its a conspiracy by adelman to bring stevie down :rolleyes:

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i think francis is caught up in the "i'm steve francis, i dont need to earn my minutes" mindset, so he doesn't try his hardest in practice. this guy had the key to houston as soon as he was traded from vancouver. you aren't going to make him earn his minutes now. as a result adelman doesn't feel like he's ready, rightfully so.

unfortunately for francis supporters, i dont think he's going to wake up one morning and decide to leave it all on the practice court. does francis want to play? of course. he's a competitor. but hes not putting the effort to get on the court. in fact, i don't know if francis ever put in the effort in practice. he could get away with it because of his name and athleticism, but that athleticism is gone now. it's like hes dumbfounded that he has to practice to earn minutes now.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Francis has VSpan disease....

He was the Tmac of Orlando.

;)

DD

8. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

that summed it up guys steve will not see the court this year for the rockets HES DONE, he doesn't even get minutes when half the team is injured so how do you guys expect him to get minutes when were healthy. Its tough admitting it again for me as i had a little hope for him but i know its a fact now that stevie is done as a rocket if he does anything good for this team i will glady eat my words but as of now i don't even acknowledge steve on the team. I truly wish he can make a comeback but i just don't see it happening anymore

9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

holy crap. I just woke up,and was dreaming that stevie was playing,and he could not miss. he mustv had like 40 points off 20/20 shooting. :D

10. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

how can you say they perform better & he hasn't had a chance to play and prove that theroy? Are you talking about Luther Head in this statement? :D

11. Splash

Splash Member

That's not a dream my friend, that's a premonition.

40 points on 20/20 shooting? Sounds a whole lot like a box score you'd see in CBA.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

If he plays even a minute of game time, Les does not get an early retirement exception for his contract.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Still with Waldo?!

14. worzel gummidge

Yet we also get this on the same blog entry.
    Though even Fritz is pointing out he's an expiring contract.

Brooks and Barry have all season as Adelman's picks. IMO if Francis wants to make the rotation, he's going have to do more than merely get healthy, he'll have to displace Alston.

15. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

If you've had a chance to d/l the Minny game, you'll see that Francis made the road trip and was suited up for the game. Check around the 8:38 mark in the 2nd Q and you'll see him walking around near the bench.

16. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Thats great if he made the road trip. This whole process is like being born again for him. You got to learn how to crawl before you can walk. Walk first then run. Francis is just taking baby steps then sooner or later we will see him.

I remember reading one post that said he has some of his old athleticism if thats true then look out we might have something special here

17. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

man, there is no way head is better than stevie....the only reason head get PT is because he makes great cuts and can hit WIDE open three's....WIDE open meaning no one can be within 5 feet of the guys because they'll probably block that hideous release point. The rockets don't want anymore ball dominating players than they already have. It's just a bad match.

18. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

ive been saying this, steve should be able to beat out luther maybe he just doesnt run the offense efficiently idk i dont want to make any more excuses for him until he proves he has anything left..oh and by the way is he suited up tonight?? i saw someone in black but i turned on the game late

19. fayesun

fayesun Member

SF3 would go to China when his contract expires
    CBA again..
    Bonzi Wells chopped 48pts, 11rebs, and 7stls at his debut.
    Mike Harris has averaged 31.8ppg, 15.5rpg, 2.6apg, 2.9spg, and 1.5bpg.
    Kirk Snyder has averaged 29.7ppg, 8.9rpg, 4.0apg, 2.1spg, and 1.1bpg.

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

I didn't spot him on the bench this game.. so I'm unaware to whether he suited up tonight or not.. but if he was.. and he can't get minutes in a definitive blowout with 2min left in the 4th.. like tonight... he's pretty much done.. and will never play again.. at least not in the NBA..

and el oh el.. at Adelman tossing a miserable bone to Dorsey.. it's all said and done with 2:00 left in the game.. and he only gives him the last 50secs..