1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Raiders

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 17, 2008.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Somehow, at the end of the day, when it is all said and done, when the music stops, blah, blah, blah.....the Texans are still the Texans. I guess losing is habit forming and despite the little win streak and the hope of a winning season, well, they just couldn't keep focused. :(

2. Splash

Splash Member

We didn't forget. It's just that their CB that was on him happens to be the best. He already shut down Steve Smith this year, and now you can add Andre Johnson to that list.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Ugh! This team is NOT ready to take it to the next level.

Good team don't get sucker punched in the first round and then roll over.

I don't normally over react and get too upset at losses but I'm f'ing pissed right now.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'm a tad dissapointed... But I wasnt very excited about the meaningless games they managed to win lately so I cant be to dissapointed in a meaningless game they lost....

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This was such an Oilers performance today.

The only silver lining for today is the fact that we're likely not going to have The Cat show up and attempt to compare the Texan's third ranked offense with the not horrible Titans offense that dropped 24 points on the NFL's best defense today.

6. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Watch all other losses and you get the picture.
    No Defense (Richard Smith...nough said?)
    Kubiak being Kibiak again with really bad play calling
    Shaub ineffective
    Slaton tried his best (I'd marry him if I weren't already...and straight)
    Oh.....and Andre gets his first catch in the 4th...the same guy that had over 200 yards against the Titans!!!

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I just got done watching the highlights. This game was blacked out since it wasn't a sellout. The local news guys were laughing at the awful playcalling by Houston when they had 3rd and inches and threw it incomplete twice. My man Michael Huff ran down one of the Texans players on a long play earlier too, which forced a FG.

Make no mistake, the Raiders are an awful team, and Jamarcus is probably the most turnover prone player in the NFL.

8. Splash

Splash Member

This is no excuse, but a lot of the late games have been "upsets".

Chargers over Bucs
    Bills over Broncos
    Seahawks over Jets
    Raiders over Texans
    Falcons (at least were underdogs) over Vikings
    Redskins over Eagles

I wouldn't call our game an upset really though. If we played them in this exact circumstance 4 more times, we might win... 1 time? Their corner owned Andre Johnson, field was in bad shape, our O-line sucked, special teams bad, inconsistent running game, no pressure on Russell, etc.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jamarcus fumbles a lot, but his interception total isn't too high.

Michael Huff is still a colossal bust up to this point.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Michael Oher or Taylor Mays here we come!!!!

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I'm also kind of relieved that they laid an egg. I was getting worried with all the optimistic talk after a wins that camouflaged the big elephant. This team needs major improvements. They need the best draft position possible, a more experienced head coach, a new defensive coordinator, and a new person in charge of "red flag" replays to start.

12. msn

msn Member

Come on fellas, let's not yo-yo too hard.

The four-game win streak was still real, fun, and fantastic. The Texans being a mediocre team were bound to lose one soon, and lose they did, in every facet of the game.

There's still a lot of things to look forward to assuming they have another great draft. Perhaps a good thing to come of out today is a little more heat on Richard Smith?

13. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Nah AJ was open some times and had 1 on 1 coverage a few times. Shaub shoulda grew a pair and gave the best WR in the NFL a chance..

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Either of those guys would be amazing picks for Houston. Especially after that Duane Brown debacle from last season.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Duane has played pretty well considering the circumstances, so it'll be interesting to see if the Texans go for a LT (I doubt they will). A little unfortunate since there are a lot of really good franchise LT prospects in this draft (A. Smith, Oher, Monroe, Smith).

Mays is a beast and I would love to add talent to our secondary. There are some concerns about his tackling ability and coming up to play the run as well. A CB opposite of Dunta (hopefully he'll be back) would be nice as well.

16. updawg

updawg Member

disappointing loss for sure but I'm not too down on them.

But, the coaching definitely scares me going into next year. I'm starting to really question Kubiak, before I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

D-coordinator and instant replay caller (or they need one if they don't) definitely need to be changed

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Who believes that Slaton would have made that first down on 3rd/4th and inches? If not him, Leach?

Slaton has shown he can squeeze yardage out of most negative yardage situations, and they give the dinky dunks to him all second half, but when its a crucial pair of downs, Kubiak has no faith in him? ridiculous

Not to mention we manage to let a mediocre fargas walk right over us.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the guy shut down arguably the best receiver in the league and you were wondering why the announcers were creaming over him. do you ever here how announcers talk about AJ the whole game?

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Blessing in disguise win?

Maybe now at least the higher-up(s) will still know that some changes need to be made for next season.

I mean, seriously. Why don't we just start sending the FG unit out there as soon as we get inside the 20?

"What a catch and run by AJ! Now the Texans are in business! It's 1st and goal from the 9. Wait, what's going on now? Kubiak is sending in the FG unit. I'm not sure I've seen this before. There is still 10:14 left in the 3rd quarter and the Texans have opted for the FG try on 1st and goal at the 9..."

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm not terribly down on the Texans. Get nailed by a 3-win team is obviously embarrassing, but it was foolish for so many people to expect the win to be a given for us. All week, all I saw was "Texans 9-7 season" as if it were all done with. On paper means nothing. At home, even sad sacks (Lions aside) shouldn't be blown off.

Maybe the Texans started getting happy with themselves and their press. Maybe the coaches took the game lightly. To eventually turn the corner and be a playoff team, we'll need to take each and every game seriously and lay it all out. No game comes easy (heck, we had trouble with the Lions).

They went on the road and went out ready to play half-speed. Offense and defense. It cost them.

Hopefully it serves as a wake up call. Next week is huge. 8-8 would still be a very nice way to end the season. The alternative is finishing on a losing streak. Chicago could possibly be playing for its season next week, which means we need to be ready for a team with a LOT more motivation than us.

Evan