1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you bash Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingk0ng, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And if Aaron Brooks could learn to grow 6 more inches...

2. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

And we are 17-9 now.

Overall I'm very happy with Scola. But he does need to put in more layups.

3. Moneygetjealous

Why would anyone bash scola? He has been our best PF since I don't know which PF we ever had that is better than him.

Which PF do we had that is better than him? Stromile? Mo Taylor? Eddie Griffin?
    Juwan Howard? Kenny Thomas?

Sorry but Scola is a lot better and more productive than all those guys.

4. newengland

newengland Member

after watching the game for the first time, I couldn't remember one single shot that he was NOT supposed to take, not to mention the energy Luis brought to the court.

So the basic question is - what are you bashing him for?

5. killer instinct

Did Scola cost you a game on PS3? I'm sorry, what was your numbers with him last night? Did the real Scola out play your video game?

ENJOY YOUR CHRISTMAS BREAK

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

The best post yet!

There's always a reason to b****, just ask my "X".
    We all have flaws, but it's the ones who reach deep in their gut and make themselves better that are, Winners!

Scola is a winner! Landry is good in his own way and style, they complement each other well. Scola is a fundamentally sound player, who leaves it all on the table. ....and some want to b**** because he doesn't dunk enough? Who would you rather play in the PF? Landry as a starter? Chuck?

Scola is just now hitting his stride, this guys is only going to get better. Give the guy so time he'll give you guys few dunks, just to make you wet your panties. Yao has also been call out on this, it just their international style of play.

I bet you'd rather him play more like Tracy? :confused:

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Scola is a solid starting PF ... not an all-star or anything, but solid. He hustles and he pursues the ball aggressively, and that makes him a good rebounder despite being less athletic than the guys he's facing.

I think he could be a more effective offensive player if he developed moves going to his left. One play stuck out for me yesterday, where he could have spun left for a lefty layup, but instead barreled his way in the other direction and got an offensive foul. I think opposing teams know that about him, and players are going to play his right side. He needs to develop a better counter to that. He has good footwork and skills -- that should be something in his arsenal.

8. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Durvasa is right. Scola is a solid player.

And we should be happy about that.

At least we have a power forward who is even solid in the first place. And capable of contributing a decent amount of points to the team.

And we are paying him only 3 million a year. Compared to Juwan's salary...

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Anyone who bashes Scola is a n00b. Watch the games on league pass when the Rockets play away and listen to what the opposing team's announcers say about the Rockets' players. There's always three subjects that always come up:

1) Yao's not taking enough shots.
    2) Aaron Brooks is incredibly fast.
    3) Scola is a great pick-up and a quality player. The Scola drinking game has you taking a shot every time the opposing announcer says "Man, I really like this guy".

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

For the people that keep bringing up the fact that Scola had more shot attempts than T-mac, did you actually watch the game or look at the box score? Well if you actually watched the game you would see that T-mac did a lot of passing tonight and a lot of his passes were passes to a wide open Luis Scola.

But I guess we can tell T-mac to just jack up shots and not pass to an open Scola so he will have more shot attempts than Scola. ;)

11. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

There always will be someone hating in this forum. If GOD played for the Rockets, a lot of people would be going to hell.

12. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

Thanks for bringing this up. Scola and Landry are the best power forwards we have had in a long long time and we got them for about 3 mill each!!! I dont know the exact salary is for stromile, taylor, griffin, howard, and thomas but compare to those guys Scola and landry are beasts.

13. jondoe

jondoe Member

I got no problem with Scola, except he gets destroyed by athletic scoring 4's. I really think he should come off the bench and provide scoring, and play against the second unit from the other team.
    The problem is too many unathletic guys in the starting five....yao, Scola, battier, Rafer, only Tmac is truly athletic. If you notice, Scola rides the bench in the fourth, with either Battier in or Landry in depending on the size matchup. Sure he had a good game and has good numbers, but he gives up too much on defense.

14. jondoe

jondoe Member

That being said, he is a bargain at the price the Rox pay him.

15. worzel gummidge

Hey northea... I mean jondoe. Landry's in there for his offensive rebounding. Landry's stats has him down a worse defender.

16. jondoe

jondoe Member

Hey whoever you are, I am one person, Im not bashing him, relax. I said he is a bargain, just saying I think he would be better off the bench.

17. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

hahaha I can in hear to bacl Scola up , but

^this was pretty funny hahaha,

Rockets been playing some good ball lately though imo , as well as Scola :cool: