1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Just Proposed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Realjad, Dec 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. conquistador#11

I think it's time for women to start proposing to men. It's only the fair thing to do.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

A metal detector went off on me while I had the ring in my pocket when me and my now wife were going to the Atlanta Aquarium. My mother-in-law was right, I should have just got down on my knee and proposed to her right then. Ugh. :(

3. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Man, you seem so unsure of yourself and little to no self-confidence.

She seemed to say yes, but then you immediately are like, "If you say no I understand"? WTF kind of nonsense is that? Then you ask, "Should I go back to my place tonight"? What? You just asked this woman to be your wife and then you want to go back home? Something is extremely weird about all of this.

Hate to be the party pooper, but it seems to me you are really trying to force this relationship to the next level when there is no reason for it go there. Proposing marriage doesn't fix problems, it creates new ones.

4. optimalRocket

optimalRocket Member

lol His story was "fixed" but I agree anyway. ;)

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I had no idea this trend was so popular. Or maybe it's a trend that's only on a Rockets BBS :).

Yet, what is going on with people proposing when their relationship is rocky? That is exactly the time you DO NOT propose, lol.

Congratulations.... maybe... but really think about this man. This is the same chick that was wishy-washy not even a few weeks ago.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Just checked your last thread. In less than 3 weeks, y'all have gone from breaking up to proposing.

You should've stuck to your guns from the last thread. History typically shows that these almost never end well.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a woman propose to me. She didn't get down on her knees or anything but just aksed me if I wanted to get married. I said no and that ended the relationship.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Realjad;

Good luck. Congratulations if things work out and if they don't don't get too down on yourself.

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Oh, lol.

Either way, if he broke up with her 3 weeks ago why is he proposing to her now? Does he think the ring is going to make things magically better?

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

We went to visit a friend in NYC a few weeks ago and I decided this would be the perfect time to propose. I considered I would get checked in a few places (airport, maybe Rockefeller Center - where I planned to propose, etc). I carried the ring around town in my sunglasses case in case we went anywhere w/ a metal detector and figured I could put it through the scanner. Taking out a ring box would be a dead giveaway.

I ended up proposing in Central Park before the surprise could be spoiled.

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I agree...proposing DOES not work out your previous problems. What you need to do is to continue to work the problems out and when you guys are happy for a while, then you can propose.

Otherwise, good luck!

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You should have just texted her in italics broseph. Get with the times.

On the serial though, a chick waits her whole life to be proposed to... I mean its like the most exciting thing that could ever happen to them. So I don't know what to tell you what that means if she just fell asleep not long after.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The best sex I ever had was the night I proposed.

that said: we did fall asleep on our wedding night. lol. in our defense, the party moved to the wedding suite (had multiple rooms) and some people just wouldn't leave. that was one of the "note to self" moments: Don't let the party into the wedding suite.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I had no idea there would be metal detectors. I actually made it through the metal detectors at the CNN center later in the day without it going off.

What was really funny was we had gone to the mall like 2 weeks before we went on this trip, which was for her 21st B-day, and she wanted to go look at Kay's to try on the engagement ring that she wanted for the millionth time and was pissed because it was gone because I had already bought it 2 days earlier. It was a great weekend though.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The best sex I've had was after a fight.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^ word...

[​IMG]

WTF is that...she just rolls over and falls asleep? crazy...

17. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

The best sex I've ever had was with an ugly girl.

She was so involved in it . . . so present, so grateful.

18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

So I pick the ring up tonight at 6, I called her this mourning while I was having lunch with a friend and she told me she doesn't remember anything about last night. I told her 'How do you not remember, I proposed to you.' and she was all like 'Really?!?! I thought that was a dream, How should I feel?'. I told her that She should be happy and SURE. Most of all not afraid to give me an answer then I let her go. I stopped by her mothers house on the way home to talk to her and see the kids since she was babysitting them for the day, also to see if she knew what was going on and I opened up to her. In the middle of our conversation she called her mom and told her that she remembered last night and that I finally proposed and she told me yes, but is so scared with all that's happened in the last two months...

Her mother told me she's been telling her closest friends that were 'back' and that she talks about me allllllll the time. When the kids ask she tells them I'll be home soon.

Sometimes I feel her feelings have changed and I'm more-so a 'security blanket' or like im someone she doesn't want to be with anymore but doesn't want to lose either, other times she seems she's addicted to me and everything we do and feel were best friends again. The fact is she has been addicted to me through our entire relationship up until the night I had it out on her, things haven't completely repaired. (Something I haven't told anyone is that she was engaged before and held up in that relationship for 4 years until it was evident she was being cheated on, then she was kicked out to the curb when she confronted him.) So I know the night I went off on her scarred her emotions in a way and she loves me to death but is scared to give her heart again since I hurt it once.

I do believe she has an everlasting love for me so I do believe she is scared.

BTW my best sex experience is a tie from Halloween and Sex after a fight ;)

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

99% of the time.. your gut feeling is right.

You're already at a point you might as well go for it, but don't get played. If it doesn't work then let it be and move on. Don't force it.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Ok, smartass me says run...

But so does rational me...so...run away...seriously...