1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant] My professor lost my test

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Dec 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

y didnt you just make a copy?

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Because I'm an idiot for trusting him.

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

It's a lesson learned. Besides, there's not much else you could have done. After all, you didn't misplace it.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My teacher did the same thing this semester, he returned our speeches to us but forgot to record the grades first.

He asked for the speeches (outlines and grade sheets) back, but not everyone gave them back saying they lost them. Because of that the teacher decided to drop the speech grade, and double the hw pts.

I was pissed because I had a 95 on the speech, and am missing 2 hw assignments (needed the book but it was sold out). :(

5. OrangeRowdy95

Just spoke with him. He wants me to re-do it. I have until the last day grades are turned in to give it to him. He said he will boost my participation grade and "be enlightened" when giving me my final grade.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

BetterThanI,

Your professor must be some sort of sick joke if he thinks he can lose tests and then assign "F" grades to the tests he lost and get away with it. That's ridiculous. How the hell could he think he could get away with that and be around next year to continue teaching? He should be banned for life from teaching for trying such a scam. He sounds like a real loser.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I guess that's a better outcome than it could have been. It sucks you have to re-take a test, though. I'm not sure I would be up for that. I would be pissed if I ever had to re-take a test because of a professor f-up.

8. OrangeRowdy95

Well luckily he said I can use any sources I want for this test. I don't have to study all over again. I can just copy straight from a book. It shouldn't take more than an hour and a half.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Yeah, I think he is. The problem is, some teachers (not all, mind you, but some) really get into a power trip with their teaching. They start to get a kind of "God complex" where they think they have complete and utter autonomy in their classroom. I'm a teacher, and I see it almost every day at every grade level (K-12). I imagine it's very much the same for college profs (especially with tenured positions).

In my particular case, it was pretty short-sighted to decide to screw over the students anyway, since college profs are evaluated based on their pass/fail rate, and failing a bunch of students doesn't help him at all. I don't know if he got banned for life, but I imagine that he probably had trouble finding a new teaching post, since any school he gave his resume probably contacted his previous employer and got the whole story.

10. OrangeRowdy95

Just got my grades in the course. He game me an A on that test. He gave me an A on the Final exam. He gave me an A for participation. And an A in the class!!! I would have never expected this. Thread closed.

11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Glad to hear it worked out man. Congrats.

12. Fatty FatBastard