1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there a way to get Lebron James into Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomjc, Dec 3, 2008.

1. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

lebron james wants to be a billionaire more than a championship. he would definitely get that in NY more than anywhere else. unless a euro team would offer him a ridiculous amount of money.

2. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

yeah, here we go, i am so suprised no one here want to talk about 2010 , look

we will get great chance to get one of best on 2010 after get rid of TMAC or yao , maybe both, and we got decent role players in the team, so yes, it's possible we can get the LJ here.

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

we are better off targeting someone we have a realistic chance of landing like bosh or maybe even wade. i'm not understanding the hating on lebron for wanting to get what he deserves, he's the best player in the nba by far imo. he'll probably land in ny with d'antoni, a perfect fit, he'll make them contenders. donnie walsh is in charge now, not isaiah, big difference.

won't fit our system??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    lol-> you fit a system to him, not the other way around.

4. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Sure, if we move New York to Houston, we'll have a great chance!

5. joesr

joesr Member

there is a post/poll in NBA dish for 2k10

but it seems Wade is the main choice accordingly.

Yao's contract isnt up til 2k11? I would hope with his decline playing and durability/stamina he agrees to a lower check and less minutes? (look at shaq with his less minutes, more effective)

but I would love to have Ming and Bosh front court

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Yeah,
    1) Get both artest to sign small contract.
    2) Get Tmac to sign vet min.
    3) Get yao to sign vet min.

With cap space(money) and a good squad(title opportunity) Its a sure fire way of getting him here.

7. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Huh???? Explain exactly how NY would benefit him money wise??? He would have made more money for his Nike deal IF he ended up there in his rookie season. That got thrown out the window looooong ago.

Sign Bosh AND Wade imo. Which means......bye bye Yao and T-Mac.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

NO, NO, NO

9. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Ugh dude, we are like 11-7. How about a little faith. This team always seem to play better the 2nd half of the season anyways.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That would be exciting to watch...Bosh, Wade, AB, Landry, Scola,...a team that can get out on the break. I think this is more likely than Lebron coming, probably better for the team as well.

...Lebron is about the money though, but who isn't? They all put on this 'i'm about the team and winning facade' but they generally go where the money is, just like you or me.

11. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Don't know if that was directed at me or not but I have tons of faith in them for now and next year. BUT we could get younger in 2010. Why not take advantage of the cap room and excellent free agent class? Yao will be 30 and declining imo because of his size. T-Mac will be 31 and........well you know his deal. Bosh will be 26. Wade 28. Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. And yes I know Wade has a history with injuries as well but he's looking very strong this year and appears to be past them. T-Mac will never be past his injuries.

There is no chance Lebron comes here. He stays in Cleveland imo to build a dynasty a la Jordan.

12. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Fixed.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Lebron said he wants to be a billionaire, but he never said he'd do that over the chance at a championship. People keep jumping on that billionaire quote as if that is the beginning and end of LBJ. There is a reason Kobe, Wade, and LBJ are in a league of their own, and it's not because they are driven by money.

He will no doubt go to the top contender where he can shine. He will not go to NY if there are scrubs there.

14. supermike

supermike Member

Not even in your dream.

Two words: No Way.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

We need to get Beyonce to work her magic on Jay-Z. Houston is her hometown.

16. kona-

kona- Member

Morey will figure a way to make as all happy. I know it.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

There is a chance but the chances are slim unless LBJ shows me he's playing for a championship and not for money...and we have to show him we can compete for the championship. Thats the only way Bron will even consider coming to Houston.

I would prefer spending more energy trying to reach out to Bosh or Wade especially Bosh, being from Texas and achieving no success in Toronto I think its quite likely to see him in a Rockets uniform.

18. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Altough they shot the Coke commercial together, I don't think Lebron would want to be teammate of Yao.

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

20. llpsoulqq

llpsoulqq Member

Damn it i dun want T-mac to leave.... how about we give up ron and alston..and clean out some useless guys like Head... for James lmao..