1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady to miss next two Rockets games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Serg300, Nov 29, 2008.

1. killlogan

killlogan Member

I wish him to miss next two seasons' games. Buy him out, Morey, see how great we played in the first quarter without tmac.
    tmac= the most terrible cancer of the rockets team

Top 5 cancers living in the NBA: Tmac, J O'neal, Marbury, B Davis, Zach Randolph.

2. rockets_fanatic

Will you please just change teams. You negativity is pissing me and alot of other people off. If you hate the Rockets so much why support them?

ALot of us were saying a week ago that once Battier returned it was a perfect time to T-Mac to get some rest. If you were paying attention to the games you would see his knee was bothering him. When you have knee surgery and have to play aprox 3 Basketball games a week, then judge T-Mac decision.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Why rebuild? Let She Mac and Yao expire in 2010 and get the cap space needed. Until then, if this season is another failure then give it another go next year. Might as well since we'll be stuck with them for another year.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

We'll I for one am gled they set a time table. At least we can game plan without him. One thing does bother me, when Tracy's hurt and we play at home I never see him on the bench. Steve is there and Shane was, but I can't recall seeing Tracy in street clothes on the bench.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This bothers the heck out of me too, where is Tracy? Why is he not on the bench? Yao is there when he is out......what is Tracy saying by not being with the team?

DD

6. worzel gummidge

Maybe he needs Tony Robbins instead... It's sounding too much like when he admitted to not trying in Orlando because he was unhappy.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid823425601/bclid853723710/bctid2917234001

7. jamescar

jamescar Member

Mr DaDakota,
    I rarely complain, but of all your ridiculous statements on Jeff Van Gundy or Spanoulis, your statements in this thread is beyond belief. You have no actual basis to make your statements regarding McGrady, you have no actually medical insight into is situation, your observations appear contrary to I and others see watching McGrady’s movements, and yet you feel it is acceptable to attack him personally. I can not see why you continue to consider yourself a fan of the Houston Rockets, and yet constantly and viscously attack the players. For example, I do not like Rafer’s teardrop shot, but I do not attack him personally for it. I just wish he would not use it.

8. DaDakota

Negativity? I just call it like I see it, good or bad. Been a Rockets fan since '72-'73.

He is taking off because he is not playing well...HIS WORDS...you know why he is not playing well? Because he didn't rehab his knee over the summer and is out of shape...and now the team is paying for his laziness.

He doesn't need rest....he needs work.

And he has a history of pouting and QUITTING when things don't go his way....

Put me on ignore if you are so sensitive that you can't handle reading criticism on a basketball message board.

DD

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

people just can't stop whining around here. it's too bad. let's hope t-mac feels better and gets his explosivo back.

10. DaDakota

I like the new whiners, you know the ones that whine about the whining, it makes us all the same.

WOOOHOO !

:D

DD

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

DD, we all respect you around here, but you usually reach with your comments.

last year, you said tracy "faked" the knee problems b/c he wanted to sit b/c the team struggled. you then compounded that fact by saying he had problems with the team b/c he didn't sit on the bench when he was out. those were YOUR criticisms of him at that time.

to find out, he was indeed injured and didn't "fake" it. and indeed, he was in the locker room watching the game and rehabbing.

so for you to make these claims is fine i guess, b/c it's a free forum. you can express your views anyway you like.

but you can't say he has a history of quitting when he didn't quit when yao went out last yr and everyone counted us out. he didn't quit when we went down 2-0 v. the jazz last yr and got better as the series went on. he didn't quit then.

and he should quit now when we're leading our division? he has the best talent in his career on his team?

sometimes DD, sit back, read what you write, and then maybe you can understand that some of what you write is pretty outrageous at times.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I call'em like I see 'em

WOOOHOOO1
    :D :) ;)

X110

X110

13. bbjai

bbjai Member

DD has a history of being ridiculously wrong too

Maybe he needs some work as well

14. DaDakota

I was talking about him quitting on Orlando.

And he is using that talent as a crutch. Instead of getting in shape and being ready for a dream season, he did not rehab his knee, came into camp, sat most of it out....coasting...then tried to turn it on during the regular season, and not so shockingly struggled.

So, instead of working through it, which the DOCTORS have told him to do....he does the opposite and shuts it down.

I don't care if people's sensitivities are hurt by my opinion on a message board. I mean get real......if you don't agree, fine.

All I care about is that my team has players that care, play hard, and put the team in a position to win it all.

You don't do that by shutting it down when all the doctors have said....PLAY.

I expect MORE from the best players, not less.

DD

15. DaDakota

Hey you can't win em all.....Langhi still bites me from time to time....but most of the time, I just get to the answer before everyone else, even if it is not popular.

Maybe you can help me out here....why do people believe Tmac when he is a notorious exaggerater, has a history of quitting, and simply coasts too often?

Why are expectations for him different than what they would be for Yao?

Yao gets a screw put in his foot and busts his ass to get back for the Olympics and this year.

Tmac...had minor surgery and skips training camp.

Then, he shuts it down, against the orders of the doctors, and coaching staff, and organization......because ....in his words....he was not playing well.

LOL - you have got to be kidding me.

DD

#95 DaDakota, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  16. t_mac1

look DD, i'm as frustrated as you. i wish tracy would be out there playing also.

however, when i see him play, he looks worse in terms of attacking the basket than when he started the season. his jumpshot got better, but his overall game didn't. i think tracy saw that and is frustrated and is like, "why am i getting worse?"

so he's taking a different route and looks to the rest part to better the knee.

look we don't always follow the advice of the doctors. the doctors never helped him with the back and knee problems of years' past. and i'm sure tracy is taking this route b/c he thinks it's the best way.

we need a tracy who goes out there fully confident in his body and his health, if we want to fully reach our potential. sure he can work his way back, but what if it takes so long that it kills his patience and eventually his confidence in his health? we can't afford that.

we want to field a team that's playing and clicking on all cylinders as soon as possible. tracy doesn't appear to get better with more games. so let him rest.

there's nothing we can do now. and just hope that when he does come back, he is truly confident in his health and plays to his potential.

17. DaDakota

I understand all of that, I just believe that the doctors are telling the truth and Tmac needs to get through it.

And the sooner that happens (and I believe it has to happen on the court) the sooner the team can move on to being all it can be.

Let me give you a scenario....let's say Tmac sits out for a month, the team starts to gel, starts to leave him behind, he sees it....feels pretty good, and comes back..

Guess what happens? The chemistry is all screwed up, again.

I firmly believe the guy should be playing, even if he can only go 10 minutes.....he has to get past the fear of being hurt again, and he is not going to get there riding a stationary bike.

But, I will tone it down a bit....but my opinion about this situation has not changed one bit, and it is backed by doctors, the coaching staff, Morey...everyone but Tmac himself.

DD

18. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

Finally! Thank goodness that he finally stopped playing!!! I think Rockets will do very well in his absence.

19. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Random Fan: DD, you are so negative, why dont you just root for another team?

DD: I just call it like I see it.

Random Fan: But you dont seem to like anything about the Rox. Are you sure you are even a fan?

DD: Ive been a fan since 1972-73. Hated them the entire time though except the two years they won the title and for 22 games last season. Thats when they gave me a reason to like them. You know when the team wins titles or has the second longest win streak in NBA history they are tolerable. All other times they suck because of Rafer Alston.

Random Fan: The team is in first place though, and is 11-6 with wins over Orlando, San Antonio, Phoenix, and New Orleans.

DD: Rafer Brickston sucks. I just call it like I see it.

Random Fan: Um, okay. I didnt even mention they have this record with Tmac playing poorly on a bum leg.

DD: Tracy Mclazy is a Mcbum. He needs to keep playing so a bunch of people should say he needs to stop playing. Then while he plays poorly a bunch of people can say he sucks and needs to sit out and then say he is a p***y for sitting out.

Random Fan: What about the fact that guys like Deron Williams and Shane Battier have missed most of the season with injuries, while Tmac has played with his?

DD: JVG is too rigid and stubborn. He single handedly stunted the growth of basketball in Greece by refusing to play Vspan, the self proclaimed Tracy Mclazy of a mediocre Euroleague.

Random Fan: Why do you hate Tmac so much?

DD: Tracy quit on this team. By sitting out two games while the Rox have a winning record in November, he is showing them he doesnt care for his teammates and puts himself first. This is completely unlike Kobe Bryant who would never do something like that. Except for that one time he said he would never be a Laker again, would rather play on Pluto, and then bashes his young center to some clown fans with a cell phone capable of recording, but if you knew the details that was actually Rafbrick Alstons fault.

Random Fan: Is there anything you can say positive about the Rox?

DD: Listen, I call it like I see it. Im not afraid to hurt anyone's feelings while calling it like I see it. Thats why when I see it, I just call it like what I saw. Thats why Bricker Alston sucks.

Random Fan: What can the Rox do to win you back.

DD: Simple. Make a trade. JJ Redick

20. t_mac1

though the team played the wolves and knicks last yr when tracy was out, but they played well. they played well v. boston and nuggets (despite losses). they did gel without tracy last yr.

tracy came right back and fit right in. i don't think you have to worry that the team would leave tracy behind. tracy will be tracy, when healthy. he'll play better.

the chemistry is never a problem with tracy b/c he's a great team player and teammate. he's probably ron artest's best friend on this team with how i see those 2 interact on the court. so chemistry will not be a problem.

it's best that the team can go on and play well without tracy so when he does come back, he doesn't feel he has to be superman and just play his game and play a more efficient game (doesn't have to force things).

i don't mind your criticisms b/c not all of them go unwarranted (i do agree with a few). it's just that we go through this with tracy every year. and he will eventually step up.

so trust the guy that he knows his body moreso than the doctors. hopefully he'll come back stronger than ever.