1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15yr niece stepped up her crush on me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Nov 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So I did text her back in the morning...

"u do? or did someone steal your phone."

reading meggoleggo's posts, that was probably wrong. it was an attempt to brush her off, without ignoring her.

oh, i like the making fun of the situation. y'all are pretty good at it. But, SwoLy-D prefaced his comments with "OK, but, seriously, folks.." right?

anyhow, this is the 1st thxgiving i've missed with my mom in 20 years. I guess I'm feeling off today. thx for all the fun ribbing and serious advice, everyone.

headed out to a restaurant thxgiving with the gf now...not quite the same.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dude, i substitute teach... i had a 13 year old girl ask me if i wanted to take her out on the weekend. i went straight to the principal and put it on record. it was still her word against mine (if she wanted to deny it), but mine is more believable at this point.

the next time im in that school. i have her class again. another girl in the class asks me some questions about the work which was left for them. i spend time explaining everything. after the class the first girl starts screaming about how shes can't believe i'm flirting with other girls. i'm sick, i'm a pedophile, shes gonna call the cops, she'll get her friends to back up whatever she says...

i went straight to the principals office, put it on record and told them im never working there again. sure enough she tried to make false accusations but thank god i had that stuff on record or i could've been in big trouble.

long story short (too late), you need to show the text to the mom in order to prevent future problems. as for how you deal with her, thats a tough call because i want to tell you to treat her as you usually would, but you dont want her to get any wrong signals (for example putting your arm around her).

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd try to explain her feelings to her. You make her feel special and that's what she's latching on to. Tell her she's great, and deserves to be treated nicely, but no way no how can these feelings go anywhere. You love her as family, but nothing more.

That's what I'd do, I have no clue how that would turn out.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Were there signs in the past that she had unhealthy feelings towards you?

Is it possible she sent the text to the wrong person? That's happened to me before.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seriously guy, you've got to blast this out of the water, tell her parents and show them the text. This is dangerous stuff.

6. conquistador#11

are you one of the jonas brothers?

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I'd text back to her "Don't do this anymore, it's not funny!". Exclamation mark or full-stop, see which fits your usual image toward the kids.

I doubt the necessity to tell the girl's parents. If it was really just a childish prank, the friendly relationship between the uncle and niece would have gone.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

So I would have thought that would have been the wrong thing to say...But that's just me...did she text back? Are you guys setting up a date at the mall...I keed...;)

As long as you treat the situation like an adult, what could go wrong?

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That's a slippery slope. I'd tell the parents ASAP or things could get ugly.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Go for it.

Signed:

[​IMG]

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't tell the parents, Just tell her...........

Don't be a snitch, confront HER like a man....... Tell her you love her as family, but anything else is unacceptable.............

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

though i usually stay out of 'relationship advice' threads, i would strongly advise you to go straight to her parents. this is not the sort of thing you want to let get out of hand.

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Agree, forget telling her mom, tell HER. Go up to her and ask her wth that text meant. Of course, don't come in yelling and all confrontational. Do it in a semi-subtle way, but make sure both of you know what is going on. If you tell her Mom she's going to most likely make things worse.

14. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah and probably keep her away from you in the future. No?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

to add further info, because i like the advice and fun here...this is the first text from her. hell, i even forgot she had my phone number, so you can imagine me waking up a 8am MT time to see this text. i usually talk to her through my mom's phone or her mom's phone. i do text and phone my oldest niece on her cell... who is a freshman in college, and her brother sr high student...but that is totally different.

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If you text her back, make sure it cannot be taken out of context. It can become evidence.

17. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

I agree just tell her you love her as a family member and nothing more. I think telling the parents would be unnecessary.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

go straight to the parents.

show them the text.

ask them if they would like you to take care of it, or them.

you are risking serious problems if you don't get this stuff on record.

19. BZ-B

BZ-B Member

20. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I find it very weird that you have to ask what to do in this situation. I’m sorry if this sounds bad, but you are a grown man and she is 15 years old. Youre her uncle heypartner and she is still a kid.