1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Retrospect........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DamnDivision, Nov 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

Hey guys... This is my first thread.. So go easy on me :p

Come to the point... What was your instant feeling when you heard "T-mac to H-town" back in 2004 :confused: ,exciting? :cool: upset? :( uncertainty? :rolleyes:

2. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Who could NOT be excited...T-Mac was a top 5 player then.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Exciting. And as much as I'm tired of McGrady crying wolf again I still think it was a good trade because this team wasn't going anywhere with Francis. I'll take the taller, more talented, more entertaining quitter as my franchise player.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I initially had a number of reactions...

:eek: :D :confused: :cool: :rolleyes: :) :mad: :p :eek:

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mad, sad, Our guys were a PF away from greatness.........Shoulda went after Sheed........

We just played so damn hard back then, Even though we were not as good in terms of talent...........I miss having guys that would die for the city of Houston.............

6. tmackills

tmackills Member

Uncertainty. Sure i was excited like everyone else but i wasnt really sure how he would contribute. Would tmac just score points or would he become a team player.

7. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

Man, we clicks :cool: I'm actually thinking the same things.. That kind of passion, brotherhood, hardworking ethic, desire, ambition...........For a moment, I just feel rockets game were MORE exciting to watch back at that time :(

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was upset. We took like 4 starters from a horrible Orlando team and added them. I knew it was a step back in terms of having to rebuild around our big 2 with role players. I was more interested in trading Mobley and Cato for Allen. But now. It was the right decision. Hell it was the right decision the moment we added Barry, Sura, Mutombo, etc...

Now when we traded Jim Jackson for Wesley... I was PISSED

9. HoustonFan4Life

Should of made it a poll question to get better results.

Initially when I heard about the trade I was excited :D I thought that adding a TMac in his prime to one of the best young centers in the league was a recipe for multiple championships. :(

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I was disappointed but optimistic, I mean a former NBA scoring champ. Who could argue with that?, but my gut told me other wise.

Hinde sight, IMO it was a mistake. We haven't fared any better than when we had with Tracy, and Yao and Steve were much more entertaining. And Steve left it all on the floor.

BTW I have a bet with myself, who will make it back first Tracy or Steve? I just feel like if Steve came back he would be better than 6 pts. in 30 mins. Which is the kind of crap Tracy is giving us.

11. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I just loved it! Man, I was so sick of Steve Francis. He's a talented guy with a million dollar body, but a ten cent mind. (was). I used to get so frustrated watching Francis at the end of games...uurgh! T-Mac has more than surpassed anything I thought we'd get for Francis in trade. The only negative...I really liked Mobley, but I'd do that trade 100 times out of 100 times.

12. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I felt like we gave too many mediocre players to get one superstar but it still felt good, it was like trading in 2 or 3 toyotas for a Mercedes. it felt good until it was time for maintenance :D

13. Asian Sensation

Excited of course. Everyone knew that when the Rockets lost to the Lakers that year that either Francis or JVG was gone. I loved Francis but was excited as hell that Tmac came.I still am. He basically hand picked Yao to play alongside him and it hurt to see Francis/Mobes go but it was inevitable. Besides we royally screwed Weisbroad in that deal. Rockets and Mcgrady had all the leverage even though we had to take a bunch of scrubs from Orlando at the time.

Now a trade that really pissed me off was Mike James and Bonzi Wells for Bobby Jackson. I remember thinking what! Why? There's gotta be more to the deal. There was..... his name is Ron Artest.

14. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

"Maintenance" "Maintenance".... :(

Anyway....Classical :D

15. yeah

yeah Member

I was sad to lose Frances but knew we needed somthing more. Little did I know we actually needed waay more. Hopefully we got it with Ron Ron.

16. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

I was excited. I dont know why but I actually thought McGrady and Yao was going to be something similar to Kobe and Shaq. Just straight dominate everyone :D . Then of course injuries happened. If it wasn't McGrady it was Yao. It seems like they can never stay healthy together :( :mad: . I really expected to much from Yao 7'6 should be dunking everything instead of laying the ball up getting his shot blocked by 5'8 players. But with all said its a good trade. Hopefully we can get something out of it. ;)

17. RiceNinja29

RiceNinja29 Member

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

50/50. I was sad/mad at first because Francis was my boy. We just came off a playoff series that was closer than the results say. Francis played like a true Superstar. But then again, this was T-Mac. At the time, probably a top 3 player in the game. So I eventually got over losing Francis because we got the better of the trade. Although, I remember Steve making a buzzer beating, game winning layup in his first game and I thought to myself, "Wow, we could have done that for us." I was completely sold on T-Mac after than 13 in 35 performance.

19. asiangirlpure

asiangirlpure Member

initially :eek: then :cool: then :D then :( then :mad: then :cool: then then :( then :mad: then :mad: ...and goes to infinity :(

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

I was one of the first people to clutter what would be the last post season game thread of the Francis/Mobley era.. with the chants of.. "T-MAC!" in repetition..

so obviously.. I was all in favor of the trade.. but very few people thought it possible at the time..