1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Batum/Arthur/Greene/Artest/Dorsey trade haunt your dreams to this day?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Batum:

12.9 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 2.1 stls 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes. 44% FG, 39% 3pt, 66% FT, 7% of FG Attempts Rejected

Arthur:

10.3 points, 10.3 rebounds, .9 assists, 1.9 steals, 2.0 blocks per 36 minutes, 39% FG, 0% 3pt, 66% FT, 4% of FG Attempts Rejected

Greene:

10.9 points, 4 rebounds, 1.1 assists, .8 steals, .3 blocks per 36 minutes, 39% FG, 25% 3pt, 88% FT, 0% of FG Attempts Rejected.

Artest:

13.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.8 steals, 0.4 blocks per 36 minutes, 36% FG, 38% 3pt, 70% FT, 7% of FG Attemps Rejected.

Dorsey:

0 pts, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks per 36 minutes, undefined FG, 3pt, and FT%, undefined % of FG Attempts rejected.

2. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

No. Will repeat the trade any day of the week and twice on sunday if possible.

3. sumofuk

sumofuk Member

I will say no.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Batum and Arthur would be on our bench and Green would probably average 5 pts. a game on our team......

So NO to your question.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sensing sarcasm. :rolleyes:

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

No.

Just because those teams have the roster to play first year raw rookies, doesn't mean Dorsey can't put up similar numbers.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Comparison of Vets Whose Trades Haunt People to this day:

Artest's First Year as a Rocket so far:

13.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.8 steals, 0.4 blocks per 36 minutes, 36% FG, 38% 3pt, 70% FT.

Battier's First Year as a Rocket:

10.0 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1 stl, 0.7 blocks per 36 minutes, 45% FG, 42% 3pt, 78% FT.

Rudy Gays Rookie Stats:

14.2 points, 6 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.3 stl, 1.2 blocks per 36 minutes, 42% FG, 36% 3pt, 73% FT.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To clarify, the Rockets drafted Batum, made trades that ended up being Dorsey and Greene. Arthur was a step in between. Then Greene was traded for Artest.

It's too early to tell. If Artest helps us win big this year and make a championship run, then it may have been the right thing to do. IMO, Batum will end up being a very good NBA player in the mold of AK47. While he often plays like the 19 year-old he is, Batum has exceptional athleticism & length and may end up being a very disruptive force. So far, Darrell Arthur is better than I thought he would be.

Donte Greene strikes me as very soft and I don't think he will amount to much. He's young and it will take a couple of years to tell. His lucky 40 in the summer league opener could be his 15 minutes of fame.

I've been down on Dorsey from the beginning and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. I bet he isn't even a Rocket next season and will be lucky to be in the NBA. I'll repeat this from an earlier post: He's got the brain of a 16 year-old in a 25 year-old's body.

Bottom line: The trades won't haunt my dreams anytime soon because the players we gave up won't impact the NBA this season.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not that it needs anymore light, Artest was traded for a 35 yrs old sg and the 23 draft pick vs a yound big and #8. That's a huge difference.

10. i hate the mavs

not at all haunted, except for that one dream i had where i threw a cup at ron...

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Huh?????????????????// We have Artest dude...............

12. bucket

bucket Member

BUT THE BOXSCORE!!!!! LOOK AT THE NUMBERS!!!!

13. singaporet-mac

urm..... no duh...

14. singaporet-mac

hw come u guys always compare on the offensive end....wad abt the defensive side?if battier weren't in houston would we be one of the best teams in defending? Even though i mus agree that rudy gay was productive at the offensive end but the game always come down to being balance on both offense and defense. Futhermore, you know wad they always say"With defense creates offense"

15. McGreat1

McGreat1 Member

i could care less about those guys..do u actually think that the numbers those guys are averaging right now would be the same if they are on our rockets.....nope i dnt think so..

if von wafer was on another team i'd think he'd average decent numbers too like the guys u mentioned..our role players are playing well its just our big3 has to play better together...thats what you should worry about and stop the what if's..our guys are playing well and playing hard

16. joesr

joesr Member

Pfft, your still talking about where Rudy Gay got to play actual minutes. If he was in Houston he would have been competing. You do understand what that means, yes?

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

OH NOESSSSSSSSSSS

18. Chamillionaire

artest is not playing well, but he plays. he's by far the 2nd or 3rd best player on our team and we're comparing him to the batum's and the arthur's...

we stole an all-star who plays both sides of the court for peanuts.

morey is the wizard we all thought he was.

19. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

question is can those other guys defend wade like artest did vs miami? :cool:

20. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member