1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer's Temperment...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DcProWLer277, Nov 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

He seems like he's pissed off about something, last game him and Artest were arguing, now he's getting into it with officials more often, screaming and yelling, and just his demeanor on the court is different...so what's the deal with him?

2. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

he knows his time as an NBA player much less a starter is increasingly becoming limited. he isn't helping himself either.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For the first time in his career I think he finally feels comfortable and safe in his role. So the emotions flow.

4. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

big heart!

5. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Well in reality, he's just been pissed that he hasn't been getting calls driving to the basket. No need to start any crazy rumors so that the Chinese websites start spewing it.

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Doesn't matter to me, he's playing better though....shooting a lot better..

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Is there any chance we can trade Alston?

8. pchan

pchan Member

maybe he is upset that he just singlehanded help Anthony got a career highs in block shots.

9. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Skip to My Lou.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rafer doesn't seem that different to me... he was getting into it with opponents frequently in the past, too. Even when Van Gundy was coaching, I remember Rafer getting himself thrown out of a game in the first couple minutes of a game, which resulted in massive confusion and the Rockets scored 74 points or something in a loss... and then Rafer apologized.

Rafer and Chris Paul got into each other's face last year as well.... He also pissed off Sasha "Machine" Vujacic showboating his dribbling moves towards the end of a Rockets game.

Just Rafer being Rafer.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's that time of the month.

12. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

competitive fire. i don't have a problem with it.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

He's probably still pissed at the cops and venting on the bball court.

14. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

it looks like a lotta players are startin to act more angrily in the nba. kgs on nba probation for striking little white men, i mean white guys that play guard positions. i think thats ****in hilarious sry.

rafer prolly gonna become our badboy or something. hes gonna make the games more entertaining by stirring up some fire w/ the other team. he wotn get suspended anymore, prolly techs but hes ok w/ that and so are we. i hope the nba lets this stuff continute. id like to see kg strike nash to the ground, or chris quinn, then watch them stand up to him like theyre gonna do something.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If he plays better angry, let him do what he wants.

16. yobod

yobod Member

Rafer has ALWAYS been a competitive guy, dating back to his playground days. All you guys saying he needs to be traded, or that his days as a starter are numbered.....seriously, do you know the record of the Rockets when he doesn't play? .500. What's the record of them when he DOES play? something like 57-26 or something. Let the freaking numbers speak for themselves.

17. conquistador#11

we're winning so he is just misunderstood. Get back to me when we lose a game by a point, after he gets a technical. =)

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He always gets pissed before he hits his regular clutch 3 pointer. This Rockets team is getting more clutch as the season progresses. Verrrry nice! I like!

19. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

sometimes he has something wrong with his brain. And tonight his shooting selections were not so good,turnover and got blocked

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rafer can't be getting mad because his leaping ability is absent when he takes it to the hole.