1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Want into the PlayStation Home Closed Beta test? Here’s How to Apply

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Aug 7, 2008.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ion-home-closed-beta-test-heres-how-to-apply/

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Damn it... I'm out of the country until Saturday. Hope I can still apply by then.

3. RC Cola

Doesn't sound too late, so maybe they'll still give you look. Of course, they may just accept the first X amount of people that meet their criteria, and who knows how long that will take.

I think SCEJ is already doing something similar, and as the link says, SCEE is planning something as well. Not sure how it would work, but maybe if SCEA doesn't accept you, SCEE or SCEJ might. Might have to use Home in their region hubs though.

4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Playstation Network activity?

Ugh, haven't been playing online for the past month so I haven't even signed on to the PS Network.

I have played a lot online before that so I hope it's not just "recent activity."

I definitely want in.

5. RC Cola

You haven't logged in at all? I haven't played online in a while either, but I have logged in a lot for other "network activity." For my sake, I'm hoping they're taking more into account than simply playing online (trophy collection, buying/downloading content, synced up usernames on playstation.com, etc.).

The store has been updated for the week, so the theme can now be downloaded.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hey RC I forgot my PSN password and the security word. I can log into PSN since its saved but I cant change my billing info. Do I have to call Sony? LOL, I am asking you like you are customer service, sorry.

I'm off to DL the theme. I think I have a decent shot. I have been on since launch.

7. RC Cola

Probably. Not sure what else you could do.

BTW, I'm assuming no one here is already in the beta test (from applying last year or whatever)? Is that correct?

8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Geez this **** is taking forever.

9. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Aight, I downloaded it.
    Any details on when we find out?

10. RC Cola

They should have never acted like it was almost done when they showed it off. In reality, the development probably hasn't been all that long, but it has seemed like just a few months away pretty much the whole time. It seems like they've had to make some major changes, which they probably should have thought about before they made plans on setting a firm release date.

Somewhat similar to the FF13 situation IMO (game seems like it has been in development for too long because they started promoting it too early).
    I'd assume by the end of the month. Although I guess it would be better to have a more specific date than that. :eek:

11. dback816

dback816 Member

ACTIVITY ?????????????????

Arg I barely do that

Despite having GTA4 and MGS4, I haven't played MGO at all...and I haven't logged into GTA4 online in months

I think my most recent online was....downloading the Siren demo...

12. Trip

Trip Member

It'd be awesome if one of us gets it. I'd love to be able to get a first-hand account of Home but I've only had my PS3 for three weeks.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am in! I got in!

14. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

still nothing for me.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Apparently today or last night was a big dump of codes. So you probably shouldn't cross your fingers.

16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

^
    l l
    l l
    l l
    l l
    l l

17. JD2010

JD2010 Member

I'm in too! I just got my code!

18. RC Cola

Wow, I got in too (just checked my email). I read that they were sending out invites, but I thought they were for Qore subscribers...and ended last night. Glad to see I was wrong.

Downloading it now.

edit: Forgot the Rockets were playing...guess this will have to wait.

#18 RC Cola, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  19. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I gotta check my e-mail. How is it? Does it justify the hype?

It looks really cool.

20. Poloshirtbandit

I just got a second code today. I got one last week as well, don't subscribe to Qore either.