1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Seriously Guys Whats The Solution To Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros148, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Make him give back some of his salary so we can sign Deke or another back-up center with some height and ability.

I'm also ready to go down with the ship. If Tmac doesn't perform, then this team doesn't get anywhere. We need our three superstars to play night in and night out. But, really, if they can turn it on come playoffs, then it won't matter if Tmac is inconsistent now...assuming we make the playoffs.

My last option involves building a wicker man and putting T-mac in it. Then, getting all the Red Rowdies and Rocket fans to gather around. Then, chant some stuff and burn the wicker man making a sacrifice to the bball gods. :D

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Bench him. Let the Rockets gel without him for a couple of weeks and get the offense rolling. Right now T-Mac's a liability on defense and offense because he won't pass and he won't play the system.

3. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

if its all in his head,how about a sports shrink?

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The solution is to work him as much as you can. If you give him time to rest, he's not going to rehab that knee. That's why he is playing. Only he can fix his problem.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Drop his shots per game. Let him post up, drive, & pass. No more jacking up long rang shots.

Other than that, wait for his contract to end and part ways...

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

comments like this really baffle me. it makes it seem if you watch the game or not.

even adelman yesterday on ESPN said the entire team doesn't run his offense, not just tracy. ron held the ball like crazy last night.

but you always point it out to tracy on offense.

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Is it just Artest? Maybe you've heard the old saying, "You can have one jerk on a team, but not two. They'll breed."

I'm not saying Artest is a jerk. I'm also not denying that his natural instincts are to hold onto the ball and go iso. But it seems to me that he is a lot more willing to play the offense, like in the last Thunder game, than T-Mac. And there shouldn't be any question whatsoever as to who the better defender is. If one of them has got to sit so that the Rockets can get the system down then it should be T-Mac.

And frankly with T-Mac I'm beginning to question how committed he is to playing the offense.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Tmac is one my favorite players all time. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger tmac fun then me. I really think he will turn it around in a few weeks. The Rockets usually suck for a while and everybody jumps off the bandwagon. Same with Tmac. All that said the way Tmac is playing right now is really really disappointing. :( No passion and no energy. That is not what a leader of a team hoping to contend for the title is suppose to do.

9. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

i am sorry but i still feel that we can with a championship with these three guys and out terrific bench! (t-mac... do whatever it takes to win..)

10. Seth

Seth Member

Trade him to chicago for Ben Gordon (or Nocioni) and Hinrich.

He will be happy back in the east and you solve a problem there, and you solve a problem here, then You go to trade Rafer and Ron Ron (or Battier depending on the first trade) for Michael Redd or a Center (only available is LaFrentz i think but can also be someone of the likes of Bargnani maybe if a good offer is made).

In a best case scenario youll have a depp team of:

Hinrich/Brooks
    Gordon/Barry/Wafer/Head
    Battier/Wafer
    Scola/Landry
    Yao/Bargnani

I am just making discussion as i´ve said the best to do with TMac is wait untill his contract is up.

11. showtang043

showtang043 Member

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Make him touch the bottom so he can come back up.

Sit him for 8 games, and give him some tapes of him when he was young, also show interviewers critizing him, maybe that can get a flame to start in him. And show him videos of the Olajuwon era, but not highlights of big time scoring, just highlights of how leaders are supposed to act. Maybe with this a small flame can get into his heart and he can have the envy to win that we have all been waiting for him to show.

13. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

The solution to Tmac's problem is to get him out of th rotation. His injury might not get better, but Rockets' team play will get better without him. Insert him back in after improved team play, he will be too shamed to screw it up like the second part of the last season.

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

thinking about solution to him gives me a headache... can't imagine in Morey's shoes. I guess just wait till 2010 and dump his 20mil salary

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's it. You see nothing wrong with his knee. It is just all about building the strength in his leg. And it would be very good to increase his touches. But first of all we need need to ask him to DRIVE 90% of the time.

I don't wanna Ron to attampt shot after shot, especially when he is forcing layups and missing them at the basket. He needs to calmn down and take it easy.

16. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Sit him some games may bring something good for,he is not 100% healed,give him enough time until he is fully recovered,I think we can also do well even without Tmac.Our players are well talented,Yao and Ron can be our leaders appropriately... :D

17. superweapon-yao

My suggestion for T-MAC:"Fill your hearts with love and selflessness with self-discipline most anything is possible."

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

:D

Combine that with the fact he only has 1 more contract year after the current season. ;)

19. Seth

Seth Member

More touches, maybe if each one of hims touches he didnt dribble the ball for 10 seconds, hold it for another 4, and shot a long 3 with 4 seconds in the shot clock we would have more ball movement, better looks and more posessions per game that can be translated in more touches.

moron... He thinks that he is more smart than a guy who has actually gone through a coaching career and not to say that he actually has been past first round.

T-Mac, time to realize that you are not so great, put your head down and do as you are told.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Let the doctors and coaching staff decide, which they already did, and he's just going to have to play through it. No matter how much you dislike T-mac, he does give it his all and is playing hurt. You cannot critic a guy for being a bit scared or hesitant with all the injuries he's been through. I do feel that if RA or T-mac recognize during the game he's hurting the team more than he's doing good, just bench him. JVG said he never felt T-mac was as good after a long period of rest so just bench him for 1,2,3 minutes and get him back out on the court. They should try to do something to keep his legs fresh and warm so he can still produce, after he is benched.