1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 77, Rockets 75

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Remember our last three playoff runs?

2. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

If the rockets can get the right players for TMAC, i think they trade him before the season is over or in the offseason. Its one thing to be injured but its another to have lost your passion. He seems to have lost his passion for the game.

Kobe plays so hard every night, even when his team has seemly lost to the pistons he is still playing hard. The difference is every game means something to the one the other really plays when he feels like. Mentally TMAC seems to be leaving the game of basketball.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

But something about watching this team makes me think its more than that. Like he is the basketball IQ of the team, him & Rafer.

Also, it almost seems that silently he is the true leader of the team or at least one of the main ones. (Push the team, act like coaches on the floor, rub his selflessness and energy to the stars more than just the rooks and sophs do, etc).

I mean even on the bench, I've never know any other professional player to buy a suit of his teams color AND get it embroidered with his teams logo.

Now i'm not trying to say when he comes back everything will be cured, but hopefully the effort, focus, and determination will be improved.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I agree. He's painfully missed.

5. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

i agree....can someone please tell us why???

1) why did tmac take all the shots towards the end
    2) where was the defense?
    3)why didnt yao touch the ball
    4) if tmac wasnt working, why not post up artest...the one time we posted up artest towards the end it resulted in two free throws for yao
    5) the biggest question. why is it that everyone misses rafer when we lose games he didnt play in? people act like rafer is the only guy world who can run this team. i bet chris paul could come here and people would miss rafer after a loss. come on people, get a freaking grip! (i.e. bill worrel and matt bullard)

someone, please answer these questions!

6. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

i hope you're right. it seems like tmac is spreading his personality to other players right now. you know, the "i dont care" or "im a supersta but dont play like one" look. i cant stand that look. or is it his "im just too good" look?

his body language is HORRible

7. roxwin

roxwin Member

You need a new tv,Girl

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We're a bad bad basketball team. Plain and simple right now.

Yeah yeah, give them time give them time but we can't keep losing to NBDL teams in the process of time. I don't even know where to start except T-Mac is shaping up to be the worst trade in franchise history.

9. h-rock1

h-rock1 Member

10. pacmania

pacmania Member

Didn't see the game. What type of shots was Tmac taking? did he drive to the hoop? and how was von wafer? sorry for the questions... :D

11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

To tell you the truth, I only watched a little bit of the game at a bar with some friends before we headed out to see the new Bond movie. I'm frankly glad I did something better with my night.

Apparently, T-mac stunk it up with an offnight and bad shooting per the norm.

Von Wafer looked ok. He wasn't really a huge factor in the game, but he did hit a pair of 3's though.

12. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the game and it was sad at the end. We lacked leadership, poise, and stability down the stretch. You would have thought we were Portland or the Thunder with a bunch of young players instead of having Tmac, Yao, and Artest on the floor, 3 veterans who should know how to lead and take over a game. This has to change.

13. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Billy Worrell said during the game that the second unit makes a difference during games... I know that most of you noticed it too that when Brooks, Landry, and Hayes are on the floor together, they have some success building the leads only to blow out by our starters... So far they are the BIG 3... Hopefully, we see our real BIG 3 to have success together... We haven't seen that so far... :(

14. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

I seriously think it'll be okay. They need to be embarrassed a few more times and then they will get their act together like last year's winning streak.

15. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Tmac took jumpers most of the night. He had 1 good jumper during the first quarter and a layup during the 2nd-half.

I thought Tmac ddi well with the moving during the early part of the game but then he reverted back to just standing.

Von Wafer was ok but he did make a couple of dumb turnovers in the 2nd quarter.

16. beachboys

beachboys Member

1)This is the first time he played as a starter.

2)He played for the entire 2nd half. Where is our backup pg? Luther head? Brooks had been played for entire 2nd half though. He is tired though, especially for a player who need to speed to play.

3)This first 5 points was scored by him. (But After the 1st time out, he totally lost. He don't know what should he do? shot or pass? he totally lost confident. Who know what did the couch told him while the time out?)

4)Yao defended him after the games, he said don't blame brooks for the last shot because the plan wasn't like that in the first place. The spur defended them well and there is no chance to execute the plan. Thats why they passed the ball to brooks.

5)We lost because our player think that game is ours in advance, thats why we lost. Remember in NBA there is no week team. Our "key" player don't play well in the games, thats for sure.

6)Please don't blame adelman. we all know his testimonial. He is a good couch. His plan is good, but the player can't execute the playbook. What can he do? When the ball pushed to the half court. our player doesn't move at all. What can he do? When there is fast break opportunity, our player slow down the tempo and force into half court play, what can he do? When I watch the game play, I don't feel any energy from the player on court, what can he do?

17. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

I really just hate Tmac. He holds this team back so much...games like he had against Phoenix are just fools gold because all he did was get jumper happy. I swear when JVG was here, I thought it was him who made us look slow and lethargic on offense, it's definitely Tmac. The moment he leaves this team, we will become faster and play with so much more energy. Im done rooting for this fool, how can he look at himself in the mirror? GOd i hate u Tmac, u ruin alot of my days with your lack of passion !

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you remember how we ended the season last year????

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow....what happened? :eek: The game was already in the bag! Whoever said this team is "jokecity" is right...and while there were a lot of people who need to be spanked for this (*cough*Tmac*cough*), the biggest paddle has to be reserved for Adelman.

What kind of piss-poor coaching was that?! Why wait for the Spurs to take a lead before you call a timeout? Why did you play Aaron Brooks the entire second half? It was obvious was getting winded and needed a breather to get his head back in the game. Yao Ming was on fire the first half...how could he not get the damn ball in the final quarter?

I looked at the game and all I saw were people playing one-on-one and relying on their talent to win. You can say that its the players fault for not executing Adelman's plays, but then again its his responsibility rein the players in. Being a coach does not entail just installing a certain system and then sitting on your ass the entire game. Its obvious the players are struggling, and he should have started calling plays out instead of letting them figure it out on their own.

I could do a better job coaching this team, and I don't know any other play besides the pick and roll :rolleyes:

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I just can't believe it. Freaking Bucks win the Spurs and we lose to them.