1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can never get enough of watching this video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Nov 11, 2008.

1. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

I still keep this vedio now,never tired about it,now we need that guy badly,where he is?Tmac is going downhill,what a pity

2. rznqp

rznqp Member

me too..

3. killlogan

killlogan Member

great achievement for tmac, I really miss the guy who grabed 13 points within 35 seconds and the Manu without hairloss.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

of course no, I belive it happend only once and it will probably not happen again. just special

5. snc

snc Member

Listen to what he says to Craig Sager after, and how he says it. So much more sincere than anything I've ever heard him say just about.

6. HoustonFan4Life

I was at this game and it was truly amazing. Too bad that half of TC was empty already from all the heartless fans that had left and didn't get to see it. :p

7. kikimama

kikimama Member

Crazy, the amount of consecutive 3's he made is more "aw" than winning the actual game.

8. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

or even that Yao Ming, who could actually dunk the ball back then

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Great video but 12-29 in shooting? Yuck.

;)

DD

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it would be an extremely sad sight to see 2 stars who underperformed their entire career just go down the hill AT THE SAME TIME.

we had such high hopes to start and we didn't plan on both sucking like this. both tracy and yao said they played their 2 worst games this past week. that's unheard of.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Further proof that newer fans don't care about championships.

[​IMG]

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

Two new things I picked up after watching this video for many times.

1. Brent Barry was in the game against us.

2. Yao's ability to do that put back dunk. Why can't he do that now? :(

13. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Wonder what he feels like coming full circle like that? Think TMac teases him in practices & what not?

"HEY BARRY! Lets reenact that last second shot where I got 13 pts in the last few seconds!"

"Sure no problem TMac, let me go get my championship rings. BRB LOLOL!!!11!!one!!1"

14. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

It would also be devastating to the franchise if these two continued to preform like they have been for the past week. I really hope its just a bad stretch for the both of them

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm thinking about this thread

Greatest Moments in Rockets history

1. Rockets beat Knicks in game 7 to win first championship
    2. Rockets facing elimination against Utah and Phoenix and still win 2nd title
    3. Rockets defeat 85 champion Lakers to make the NBA Finals
    4. Tmac jacking up a bunch of 3s to win a regular season game against the Spurs
    ;)

It was a great comeback, but not even a light year close to the Rockets winning a title.

This belongs more with the greatest game winners in Rockets history
    however Vernon Maxwell did things like this every year, plus what about the game winners by Drexler, Horry, Cassell, Mario Elie, Dream?

Oh, to that newb comparing this to Reggie Miller vs Knicks.. That was in the PLAYOFFS

16. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

You could also add Drexler and Olajuwon going for 40+ each vs the Jazz in 1995. That was awesome.

But as far as regular season goes, I'd say it's definitely the best finish in Rockets history.

17. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Thank you for proving my point. Did I not say ONE OF the best moments?

Reggie Miller's comeback against the Knicks was legendary because it was in the playoffs. I've made my point about the fact that this being a regular season game making a difference in how it is viewed in terms of history.

And again, the key phrase here is "one of". If you were to list the top 5 comebacks in NBA history, I think McGrady's comeback would be up there unless you are severely weighting comebacks in the playoffs as infinitely better than comebacks in the regular season, and as a result including a team coming back from 15 down in the 4th quarter in the playoffs as better than Tmac's 13 in 35.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Too bad Tmac never lived up to that billing as a reliable clutch shooter after that game.

19. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I should've been more specific and said produced by the championship team. Hakeem obviously was the largest component on the team when we won the titles. No Hakeem, no titles, and probably no moments (no Kiss of Death, no gamewinners against the Knicks or Magic).

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

You said one of the greatest, if not the greatest. No way is that Spurs game anywhere near "the greatest". In terms of significance it's not really that noteworthy since the Rockets still haven't gotten out of the first round in the Yao/T-Mac era.

So far as individual performances go there's no way you can compare anything T-Mac has done to Hakeem beating Shaq and David Robinson like they were his step-children over the course of a seven game playoff series.