1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trail Blazers cheated?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDreamShake, Nov 7, 2008.

1. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

If they start the clock on time, Roy doesn't get that buzzer beater @ the end

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f04tIpF1ffc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f04tIpF1ffc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If the Rockets would have handled their business like they were suppose to then there would be no need for a buzzer beater.

Hopefully they learned their lesson.

3. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

that's anothe story, Yao Ming should have had the game winner

4. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

They deserved to win. I have no complaints.

5. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

John Hollinger, ESPN

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Now I'm f-ing pissed! This is an outrage if true!

7. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

We were screwed all night by that voilet palmer and to top it all, the time keepers gave us the final kiss of death. god i cant wait till we play those clowns again in portland.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I really don't see how that's possible. Roy caught the ball jump and released all in one fluid motion. You usually are allowed to do more than that in 1.6 seconds.

9. v_sunny

v_sunny Member

"I didn’t see what happened," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said of the eight-tenths of a second that followed. "I don’t know why he got so wide open. We should have had somebody on him. We made a mistake.

10. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Well we should lodge an official comnplaint.

11. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

We should send a complaint to the coaching staff and rocket players for showing up to play with 5min left in the game. They can't just coast on teams until the fourth quarter...you have to have consistent intensity for at least 40mins.

ps....will someone call TNT and get Reggie Miller fired? What a tool! He's complaining and crying about Chuck Hayes being in the game because of his offense.....because that's all Reggie was about anyway. If he would have played a lick of defense during his playing days he would have figured out Chuck was in the game shutting down Aldridge. While Chuck was on him in the 4th quarter...he was relatively quiet. Thanks Reggie

12. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

They'll probably chaulk that up to the "human" side of officiating, similar to balls and strikes in baseball.

I don't think they can set the precedent of going back and reviewing when the ball touches a player vs. when the clock starting ticking. Truthfully, it probably happens the entire game, but no one pays attention unless there is a game winning shot.

I agree with Adleman. He shouldn't have been that wide open. I don't like that Yao is facing the in-bounds guy. He should have his back to him and play the player who comes up to get the ball. The one guy on the floor who can't make that winning shot is Blake. Why defend him?

13. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

/care
    we should lead 30 points against blazers kk?

14. killlogan

killlogan Member

Blazers is not our rival, so it doesn't matter to lose such a game. The loss to celtics frustrates me more than this one. the blazers lost their morale in their opening night game versus lakers, which they lost by a huge gap. I hope they regained their confidence from the win over the rockets team, there should be grateful to us if they come back to the playoffs again. It doesn't matter to lost a game to some youngsters, just like you never mind your son's winning over you. you just feel happy to see your son beat you in a chess.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's just it -- you're usually allowed to do more. Doesn't mean you actually can. It's a part of the NBA's "human error" outreach program, much like Derek Fisher's shot a few years back that took approximately 0.8 seconds, ironically.

I hope the Rockets raise absolute hell over this. What some of you guys are doing is exactly how bad officials get by with things. Yes, we should've played better the first 43 minutes of the game. Yes, Tracy made a mistake on the final play. Yes, there are a million things we could've done different. No, that doesn't change the fact that that was an abomination of a call and completely inappropriate.

If the NBA is going to let this go, they should really go back to the old days of :02, :01 and do away with putting tenths of a second on the scoreboard. What's the point in having them if you're going to claim "human error" and that you can't actually enforce it?

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

talk about home court advantage!! that's too bad..

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

This Home cooking crap is bull ****e, and the league SHOULD NOT ALLOW IT, it's destroying the game of basketball, home court advantage should be about the fans of that team and having them cheer the home team on to motivate them, it shouldn't mean one team has an unfair advantage in the actual playing of the game...ex: not having fouls being called, extra time on the clock, this is desttroying the integrity of the game!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

PREACH ON PREACHER !!!!

CAN I GET AN AMEN !!

DD

19. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

20. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Marv albert said something