1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newsweek: Palin spree worse than thought, McCain in the dark about matters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2008.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This part is awesome:

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

2. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

The attacks of shopping sprees are slightly sexist but their attacks are showing that they are the party of sexism and trophy wives.

They hated having to chose her and are mad that their little trick did not work so their real feelings are now showing.

3. aghast

aghast Member

I don't call much of what winds up in papers or on cable news "journalism." Mostly it's stenography. I would, however, prefer the stenographers to actually be witness to the accounts they recite.

I don't have as much problem with embargoed media, as long as it eventually comes out when the specified time arrives. I believe many film documentaries work the same way, e.g. Clinton's team with the "War Room." Tim Russert, as revealed by the Scooter Libby trial, spoke with all administration officials who called him with the understanding that their conversations were off the record, without him saying so. This seems to be common among journalists, and is to me the greater sin.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

His staffers should have made perfectly clear to him what she was doing, both politically and the berserk buying spree by her and her family. McCain should have told her to resign. Despite the bad press, it would have been the right thing to do. I wonder what Cindy McCain thought of all this. She looked pissed during his concession speech. Maybe that was part of the reason.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

McCain should not have picked Palin but I don't think it would have made a difference.

Obama is that good.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'm assuming chapter 3-7 won't be online until it comes out in print first?

This is great stuff... shhh, no one ruin it for me, I can't wait to read how it ends.

7. fmullegun

I cannot believe you guys are buying this BS that McCain was the victim in all of this.

Palin = Scapegoat

How can anyone possibly believe that McCain didn't agree with how his campaign was being run?

8. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

McCain wasn't the one running his campaign. It's one of the reasons I voted against him. He allowed his campaign to be run by people who had the interests of the GOP in mind as opposed to the interests of John McCain and the USA.

9. Astockmarketgod

too bad... 8 years ago John McCain should have been your president...

not now a GOP puppet...

FOX news just reported that...

1) Palin did not know the countries involved in NAFTA....

2) Palin did not know Africa was a Continent...and a collection of Countries...

for those of "you" who voted for McCain and Palin ticket....

hard to decide who is smarter...

HAHAHAHAHA

10. rocket3forlife2

Yeah, I’m still kind of ticked about that. McCain could have been more forceful in speaking out as soon as the presidential election started. He intentionally let it build because he thought it would work. I believe if it would have helped him in the polls he would have continued not to say anything. They attempted to swift vote him, but it didn’t work, so I am not about to rush to give McCain any credit.

I can however; say he could have been a lot worse.

11. Landlord Landry

that line might work, if Joe Biden wasn't the VP on the other ticket.

12. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

NAFTA I can understand a regular person would not have known the countries involved, but Africa? Seriously? We learned that Africa was a continent in Pre-K. This can't be right, at least, I HOPE NOT.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Joe Biden knows NAFTA and Africa much better than that.

What is your point?

14. fmullegun

he doesn't know that someone in a wheelchair cannot stand up for one thing.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your posting style is familiar.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, the line worked. I will explain why.

Nobody doubts Biden's underlying intellect. He's no academic superstar, but he's got a JD and is considered knowledgeable and well-read on various issues - we have decades of examples of this. He simply talks a lot and says silly things.

Palin? It took her 6 years to obtain a very mediocre college degree - dropping out of several junior colleges along the way. I have yet - even at this late stage - to see her demonstrate any familiarity or depth of issues that I would expect a person of above average intelligence would have. Rather we have seen the opposite: Her being dumb as a brick.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But it made him look impotent on some issues Palin raised up.

I'm reminded of that rally where he gave a wierd look from the responses of asking who the real Obama was.

18. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Palin's going to be the death of the social conservative's influence within the Republican party. The GOP can't afford this rabid enthusiasm for someone that's getting skewered on FoxNews as an idiot.

If McCain had run from the center against Obama he would've done better for himself and worse for Republicans in general and I don't think that reality is going to be lost on most of the GOP.

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Part 3 is now up (the obama/clinton portion of the primary)

20. rocket3forlife2

I'm sorry, but republicans would vote for Freddy Kruger if he was on the ticket, because they will go down with the ship.I'm not saying that's the most intelligent thing to do, but it's true.