1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Celtics 103, Rockets 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

guys seriously, how can u be mad tonight..Rox let me down but, OBAMA !!!!!!

2. Horowitz

Horowitz Member

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If we are leading Portland by a lot late in the fourth we should go back to JVG style offense and let Yao own their backups.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Both teams committed 24 fouls even though it seemed like we had more.

We took more FTs and made a higher percentage of them.

We took more 3s and made a higher percentage of them.

We committed only 11 TOs to the Celtics' 16.

We got more off. rebounds but we also missed a lot more shots. They really killed us in off. and def. rebounding in the 1st half.

The Celtics TOTALLY DOMINATED us with their interior defense! They were getting layups while we couldn't find a way to get easy buckets in the paint.

Yao had an awful game but I think interior defense and rebounding were still bigger factors in this loss. Sure, if Yao had even an average offensive game, we would have overcome getting dominated on the boards and our inability to defend the paint. In my opinion, though, Yao's defense was actually worse than his offense as hard as that is to believe. If it wasn't for Artest and Hayes playing good D on Pierce and Garnett, we lose by double digits.

We need to get Battier back, fix our team defense and add at least one more big man to our frontcourt. Obviously, we also need to continue working on our offensive movement, too, but regaining our superior defense has to be first priority.

5. rock3ts

rock3ts Member

Yao and Ron didn't play well at all, props to T-mac tho he did well. next time we face them im sure we'll play alot better and we'll have battier!
    this loss should be a lesson tho for the next games we play

6. ImG

ImG Member

yao lost the game for us on both ends of the court. but i would bet my whole bankroll that he wins more game for us then loses it. only one game fellas, which also in my opinion a great fought one. 78 more games left to enjoy.

7. maw7079

maw7079 Member

RAFER WAS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!! Yao played bad buy he'll do better... Rafer is not at the level of the other nine guys playing tonight.

8. YaoDreaming

YaoDreaming Member

Is Perkins that good of a mid-range shooter?I didn't follow the Celtics that much.It always seems that the other team's centers shoot lights out when they play against Yao but could not hit a damn thing against other teams even they are wide open...

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

aaron brooks should have been playing in the 4th quarter instead of rafer alston.

10. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

rafers horrible
    trade him
    bring in deke
    sign starbury
    problem solved

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've said it too many times that Scola,Landry,hayes and dorsey are redundant, rafer should be a 17 minute player, and yao needs a backup with some size. I'm not panicing, I'm just griping about the same thing. I'm tired of the rafer runs the offense argument. I'm tired of seeing hayes have to battle guys who have him by 7 inches and kill our offense when the lakers have 5 7ft players. This is my troble with the team. Close the holes and this team is ready.

12. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

well, I think its a matter of focus. When teams play the rockets they care a lot more.

13. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Yao was turrible! Yao played small in yet another big game, just like in the playoffs. Perkind Pwned him.

at least two of the big three showed heart tonight.

Howard is the best center in the NBA and yao confirmed it tonight.

14. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I think yao has lost a step. he dosent have the lift he had last year. last year he would dunk alot more. remember that dunk on KG, right now he just dosent have that lift. having said that, he is to good of a player to play like that again. i think the blazers are gonna be in for some yaoza action.

15. ebu

ebu Member

Yes Yao Sucked!
    Yes Rafer sucked and Brooks should of been playing more in the 4th

But hey! WE only lost by 4 points and kept it close
    I do remind that we were down 16 early in the game so it was just
    good to make a game out of it!
    Last year when that happened we were out of it and never came back at all!!

Boston had played together over a year!
    We have only played together 4 games!
    Give us 50 more playing together, add battier into the mix and we will be fine
    so don't sweat it guys!

Game is over, now lets win one in Portland and take care of this 5 game trip

16. dunk11

dunk11 Member

We had a horrible game tonight....
    Yao played like he was a rookie....

But anyway, the had good news is coach limited Yao's minutes tonight. ;)

Hope Yao will bounce back shortly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

17. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Hope so too, the rox need him to play better

18. HombreDeHierro

wow yao was absolutely abysmal.

even when tracy has an off night he doesn't turn into luther head! yao looked like shawn bradley out there! wow!

epic fail.

great game by tmac though. inspiring defense and hustle.

19. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

Yao lost us this game! Kendrick Perkins got his shot all night, They had a handful of layups right over Yao, you cant let guards in the paint and get a layup. Yao couldnt grab any boards, and after Yao missed his dunk, he looked like he was looking scared after that, then Perkins stuffed his hook shot. Yao only looked good when he dove on that ball. Other then that the team looked good against the champs. T-mac was hitting his jumper, artest played all-out like usual, Brooks brought the spark and add Battier to the mix and we got them. I still think we need to sign Deke, Hayes as the backup center ain't gonna cut it, at least Mutumbo tries to block every shot. Also loved Barry getting in a skirmish, and Alston got shafted on his tech, after KG started it. Keep your heads up, not bad for the 4th game of the yr. Time to build that chemistry on the road now.

20. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

If only Yao was black...