1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexlerisms.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 7, 2007.

1. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

This thread is the best ever. I cannot come here without laughing at least a few times.

2. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

"No I don't thing about that game (NC State), I was there!"

Interview by NY radio station.

3. jasona88

jasona88 Member

I just HAVE to type it myself... :D

MOUSE IN THE HOUSE

4. kikimama

kikimama Member

No Bullarism thread?
    During a play by play "discription" vs MIA...
    Not word for word-
    -Right here. Stop. Ball is in Rafer's hands. Play. (1 second later) Stop. He passes. Okay play. Now stop! Yao catches. Now there is a strong triangle on the strong side. There are 1, 2, 3 strong side players on the strong side.-
    "The weak side players are on... the weak side."

The NBA... Where amaz... uh...duh happens.

5. jc1988

jc1988 Member

so true...

I am always wondering...can't he handle a single control button to pause and start the replay!??!?

I am kinda tired of his "stop" "stop right here" "now let it play"

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

sure hope Drexler can step up his game this year but so far its the same thing.... anyone else notice bill seems to be growing annoyed with some of the things clyde says?

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Clyde said something really brainless in the first 10 seconds of the first game, but I'll have to go back and listen to exactly what it was.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Clyde generally says something pretty brainless every 10 seconds or so.

9. Moneygetjealous

Clyde is lame whenever he talks. I much rather have Bill Worrell and Matt Bullard. Matt Bullard is actually funny but Drexler....I gave up on listening to him.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I just played back the first moment of the first game and the brainless quote from Clyde was...

That came immediately following the opening tip. So, I guess he's arguing that one team should just start the game with the ball...

:confused:

11. dlite316

dlite316 Member

awesome joke...hahahahaahaha

12. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

How about Worrell thinking every Rockets player gets hammered on every play?

"Oh, he just got hammered and there was no call!"

Yall probably agree with him though so...my bad.

13. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Honestly, I don't have too much of a problem with Clyde. He says some ridiculous things every now and then, but he seems to get genuinely excited when the Rockets perform.

Bill is awesome -- but yeah, I have noticed him getting a little short with Clyde on several occasions lately; the Memphis game comes to mind. I think Clyde said something about how Pau Gasol developed his mid-range jumper after playing in the NBA for a while, and if Marc Gasol could do the same, he could turn into a very solid player. Bill responded with something like, "Well, actually, you can't really compare the two at all...pretty much completely different players." He sounded pretty impatient...I think Clyde responded with "Heh heh!", or something like that.

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Actually Clyde is not that bad, especially when you compare him to CCTV commentators. What they said the whole game is basically "hey pass the ball to Yao" "Great shot!" "Awwww....unlucky".

See my sig.

15. NateNate

NateNate Member

my problem with him is he adds no insight or different point of view to the game... remember back in the day...Bill Worrell-" live from the summit in houston texas tonight the rockets take on the chicago bulls" then you see calvin and it always pumps me up!! plus the players seem to like him too. Another thing Drexler seems to keep a smile on his face when he talks and its really bothering!!

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Clyde is at least a good guy, who has genuine love for the Rockets. All else is forgiven, if he contributes at all (which I would say he does). This does not mean he isn't made of hilarious at times, often at his own expense.

But BW is no better. Anyone catch that "Triumpherant" stumbling intro the other night? He tripped over his little historical references like three times and Clyde was playing along in silence with the occasional "heh heh heh", and after Bill thought he had cleaned it up, before the graphic labeled "Triumvirate" with the big three appears as planned, he turns to Clyde and says condescendingly "Am I confusing you Clyde?"... not once... but twice.

Well, yeah.. I mean, you confused yourself, you think the rest of us were buying into that lame lead in? Don't drag the Consummapro under the bus with you! He's got his hands full being cool, friendly and ridiculous all at once. HE CAN'T DO IT ALL MAN!

17. apxn82

apxn82 Member

I second and third that!!!

18. apxn82

apxn82 Member

dont care what you all think of Lil-C but he entertained the audience every single night. Which is exactly what commentator suppose to do. They're not roll model, or someone you should have your kids to look up to. They're there to commentate the game and make it fun. Clyde is like a remix playback cassette tape from BW. Better yet, he prolly a remix playback 8-trac. His voice is mono-tone and he got no saying of his own. Just wait til BW say something and then repeat it with a twist. They couldda hire me to do that. At least I look way better than him. :eek: :)

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Thing is Clyde used to be more natural/real than this. Not sure when he became such a robot.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Actually, if this is explained in the right context, this is rather witty IMO.