1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach, can you explain it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Nov 1, 2008.

1. MandM's

MandM's Member

When Yao goes down with a recurrance of the foot injury...Adelman shoulkd be fired.

Too many minutes too soon.

It is only a matter of time.

Adelaman has no regard for the health of his best players...Artest, Yao. etc. They are loging major minutes early on.

Come playoff time there will be no legs.

I have never been convinced he is a great coach. In my opinion he is Van Chancellor...best players...roll the ball out there and let them play philosophy

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

WORD!!! that's what I was thinking throughout the past 3 games :mad:

at least play scolandry or charcarl to rest yao cacdamnit!!

3. MYM[Moon

MYM[Moon Member

maybe season is just beginning?

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

not if...the real question is WHY does yao have to play all those minutes (especially when it's not neccessary).

5. leaveray

leaveray Member

QFT..

Coach is too cautions.
    dear coach, why don't you send Jory or who , I just can't understand how you react, come on,
    and also , Ron Artest also need to get rest, oh man, he is not a animal, he also feels tired, let our bench do something :confused: :confused:

6. frm

frm Member

I think tonight is a special case. Coach Adelman merely gave him a chance to bail himself out, which to our all relief, he did.

Personally I think its a good thing, can you imagine him finishing the night with like what, 6p 5b and tons of BA and TO??

7. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

practice and game time are totally different concepts. much more intensive during the game.
    RA just simply does NOT care about Yao's health.

8. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Wow, stop complaining. You think we can just let Yao sit out half the game because we're afraid he'll get hurt again? Using that notion, we'll get stomped on because we do NOT have backup C's. Yao knows well enough he can't get injured, which is probably the reason for his softness.

9. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

Less workouts can offset for more playing time? Is there any science in your claim?

10. blender

blender Member

It was posted somewhere else, but I'll copy it for this thread. From Jonathan Feigen's blog:

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/10/the_miracle_cure_brooks_reatta.html
    Also, I thought tonight against OKC, Adelman intentionally put in the Big 3 at the end when the game was already decided because he wanted to give them time to play with each other. Basically, he was treating it like practice.

11. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Everyone who thinks Adelman is going to reduce Yao's minutes forget about it.

He pretty much said so when asked about it before the season started. He pretty much said that the minutes in the game wasn't the issue. It was Yao's relentless working outside of games that was the issue. That's what they were going to reduce. Not Yao's in game minutes so get used to it.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Who do we trade him for?

How many C/PF can play 39 minutes per game and not breakdown?

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

and by what clyde and bill was saying...adleman is playing both yao and artest more minutes so tmac could get use to playing with them since he didn't play preseason and practice much with that group (the starters)..

ARE U SERIOUS?! :rolleyes:

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

You guys are seriously overreacting.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

The "we don't have a 7 footer excuse is lame"

Re-sign Mutombo then. It's that simple.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Mutombo isn't upto playing 10 mins a game for the whole season!! :p

17. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

every night, RA will have an excuse for playing Yao huge minutes.

RA is really short sighted and no brainer.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Overconfident!!! The rockets have a history to lose a big lead in the 4th quarter! They cannot afford to lose this one! The next 10 games are really tough for the rockets.

Of course, I agree with you they seem a little too tense. They desperately want a good seed in the WC to pass the 1st rockets!

19. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I thought he's doing light practices and getting more off-days... so the minutes per game shouldn't affect him too much. cuz he's getting lots of rest between games.

20. conquistador#11

this only confirms my theory that comrade yao was never injured last year, but instead went on a mission to save mankind.