1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA, live with it.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr.Pink, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Yao is the best center. He has the better offense and defense. THe only thing that may put Howard ahead of Yao is the health. If both healthy, without a doubt Yao is the best.

2. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

SERIOUSLY, SOMEONE DEMOTE THIS GUY TO ROOKIE STATUS ASAP............

3. optimus

optimus Member

what's wrong with his logic?

he didn't say Howard will absolutely become the best, or Howard will absolutely lead the league in scoring. He simply suggested he COULD, given his past achievements and his potential. It's hard to argue very few big men in NBA history have been as dominant as Howard has at the particular age (22). And his team sucks.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

So you are saying Gasol dominated Yao on boards because he can jump faster and try harder?

Wow!

You like indication a lot. So is that a indication of Gasol dominated Yao on boards.

Since when we can argue about statistics without looking at the statistics.

Mind you, Gasol played 36 min, carouse 5 offensive and 12 total boards, while Yao 38 min, 3 offensive boards, 10 total. Yeah Gasol rebounded better, but do you call Reggi Evans dominating? Plus 2 freaking difference again is not a dominance in any fantasy land.

That said, rebounding is not Yao's forte, but he is a decent rebounder. Hardly has he been dominated in that department, and for the rare occasion it's mostly because of the fortuitous opportunities by the opponent.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

The logic is applying potential to an argument about now. You can say that about any talented young guy. What's the point? Howard has the potential to be the best center after Yao retires?

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

These head to head games say it all. So shut up you girly pinky!

7. optimus

optimus Member

well, he was just conjecturing, just like you are doing when you say Yao is the best center in the league. Although I believe Yao is the best center, there isn't any scientific evidence that will prove you and me to be absolutely correct. In fact, there are more than a few people in e league and around the world who thinks Howard is the best center right now. So you were making an assumption just like he did when he says Howard could become the best center. You're applying similar logic.

8. tim562

tim562 Member

Your are the most useless poster here...live with it

9. FR0497

FR0497 Member

When Howard develops any other way of scoring other than dunking then, and only then, will he be the best center. Whether it be a baby hook, mid-range jumper, or a post up game, he needs something to make himself a real offensive threat. Hell, even Shaq has a baby hook. But as of right now Yao is leading the pack of centers in the NBA.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It all depends on what you want from a Center. I actually believe that if you swapped D. Howard and Yao it would make both the Rockets and Magic better teams. That's because the Rockets have a couple of closers on their team and the addition of a role player extraordinaire like Howard would be a huge asset with his rebounding and athleticism. For the Magic, having a big man who is basically unstoppable on the block and automatic at the free throw line would actually give them a player who can win a game down the stretch.

Yao is a franchise player (barely). D. Howard isn't skilled enough to be a franchise player but could be the best #2 player in the league.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

i'm not going to listen to anyone named "mr. pink"

12. optimus

optimus Member

exactly. The truth is, they both have glaring shortcomings that will limit their effectiveness as a team player. Being the best center doesn't have the same ring as it used to be.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

:)

I am not conjecturing, which is what you are doing. I am stating the facts.

Scientific evidence? Is Robbie's 7 game head to head stats between Yao and Howard scientific enough for you?

Yeah those more than a few people favoring Howard are biased. How about let's put some qualifications around it. You don't just ask the jury to decide if the defendant is guilty. Jury question has to provide guidance. Likewise, how about looking into head to head stats, recent 3 year career stats, is it Yao or Howard?

You are trying to say I can't show you ABSOLUTE evidence that Yao is better than Howard. Again, you are on a losing argument. As long as some evidence showed that an average NBA fan would agree with me, that Yao is better, I win. Again, I am not just talking about a 9 year old kid question, who's daddy better. We will have to put qualifications around. Potential cannot be applied to a question about now. I am not arguing with you that.

14. FanfromJaysCity

"Women lie, men lie, numbers dont." - jayz

15. optimus

optimus Member

Are you saying stats alone determine who the best center is in NBA? That is the most ridiculous argument I've heard today. When Tmac was grabbing scoring titles in orlando, I guess he was the best player in the league too.

16. neobomb

neobomb Member

this has to be ron ron messing around with us

17. Yetti

Yetti Member

THIS MIGHT BE A CASE OF THE OLD AND INFIRM LEADING THE BLIND DEAF AND DUMB BY THE HAND!! :p

.............. FG ....... FT.......Rbs.......Ast......Bl.....Fouls.......PTS/Game
    DH 2008/09 54.2%....47.6%..14.5....,,.5.......4.5....5 ...........18.0
    YM 2008/09 58.5%...100%....11.5.....1.5......1.5....2.5..........25.5
    Read this and love Yao he is playing with a team of stars and Howard is the only star on his team. :p

18. macalu

macalu Member

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

you are so wrong. :D

[​IMG]

20. edkk323

edkk323 Member

Does he have 100% FT? NO!
    Does he have better mid range jumper than YAO? No!
    If it is in the 4th quarter and the team is down 2 points, will you pass him the ball and expect him turn around and score a hook shot? No!

Yao is better, live with that!