1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP!! NBA League Pass and Dish Network.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sonalikumar, Oct 27, 2008.

1. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

First day of the season and they are still negotiating for the package. Called today and still can't order it. :confused:

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

thats strange i keep seeing commercials to order it. They said the first week is free trial and if u order before the 4th of november you get 20 bucks off. I have dishnetwork but then again im not going to order it. good luck guys

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

What's your price for your online games? I'm Calgary and need my Rocket fix

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

OMG

Here is my short chat transcript with a DISH rep:

Paula Childres: has NBA League Pass been approved to be orderedyet?
    (03) Diana B: I am sorry, NBA League pass has not yet been approved.
    (03) Diana B: We do not carry NBA League pass with us at this point of time.

GIMME A BREAK!!!

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

03) Jennifer P: NBA League Pass is demanding unreasonable terms for this basketball sports package. We have offered fair and reasonable terms but they have refused to accept our offer.
    (03) Jennifer P: We are working quickly and aggressively with the NBA to have the League Pass package available soon and we understand that the season has started on Tuesday, October 28, 2008.

a transcript of my discussion with Dish tonight

6. jpchou

jpchou Member

7. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

It is up on the site and has been all summer. This is ridiculous.. anyone wanna sell their broadband pass to me??? Please.. or let me borrow it until this works itself out? email me at sonalikumar@yahoo.com.

I can't live without seeing the Rockets!!

8. ROCKET RY

anybody hear any news today? i am seriously getting pissed off right here. I just signed up for Dishnetwork 2 days ago and was told they would have it available......

9. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Is this just a problem with new subscribers? I have been getting NBA LP with Dishnetwork for a few years now, and I have got it this year also, watched last night's Bucks-Bulls game on #561. I don't understand why you guys are having this problem.

10. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Thank god i switched before football season. direct tv is the juggernaut and will never have these problems with NBA or NFL. I love that!!!

11. moose

moose Member

Have you checked your bill yet? You might not be getting charged. The Bucks and Bulls game was part of a free preview on Dish till Nov. 11th.

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I have been with dish since 5 years ago and watched LP for 2 consecutive years. They have a policy to subscribe LP for you if you watched the year before unless you notify them not to subscribe.

As far as this year, they have wrapped the negotiation with NBA. What you watched last nite is free for everyone as NBA promotes LP.

13. ROCKET RY

when you say wrapped the negotiation, are you saying they have it available now, or the negotiations fell through?

14. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

You may be right. Then I'll have the same problem I guess.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

has anyone tried to call today and find out any new news? i am fine with the free preview for this first week but if I dont have it next week i am switching over to directv ASAP

16. ROCKET RY

not yet but I am going to as soon as I get a chance.

17. jh811

jh811 Member

my cable company said the 1st day i could order it in their system is nov 4th (after the free preview ends) so i would imagine it's the same for DISH or directv?

18. franksju

franksju New Member

I need it too. sju_frank@hotmail.com

19. ROCKET RY

just spoke with Dish again...same story...not suprisingly they said they are getting a lot of calls on this.....they better get their sh&t together or I'm cancelling

20. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I'm telling you man i went through that **** with sunday ticket for 2 years the same story. it would be better if you just cut your losses now!