1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP!! NBA League Pass and Dish Network.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sonalikumar, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

First, I apologize if this thread has already been created.. I could not find one, so here goes:

So I have ad Dish Network for the last 5 years and never had this issue, but I have been trying to add League Pass and they are telling me it is not available as Dish is in contract negotiations with the NBA. I live in Dallas.. is anyone else having this problem??? What do I do??? I have to see the Rockets games!! Does the NBA sell an online version of league pass? Any advice or help someone can offer would be most appreciated.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

3. 58potato

58potato Member

i just can't help to say it's wonderful life in USA. you can choose which game to be enjoyed. however, we have no choice, just watch the game which provided by the common TV. or listen the live via NBA.com :eek:

4. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

It doesnt appear that you can get just that.. it comes with your NBA League Pass subscription as far as I can tell.. had looked into it last week. Thank you though.

5. rawool

rawool Member

I hope that's not true. I have Dish Network, and I plan to order it tomorrow. We will see.

6. WillG

WillG Member

I got nba league pass. I wont be using online so my Login for online games is for sale...

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

How about you just give it up for free.

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

yea, noticed that too. Seems like they are losing on an opportunity of bunch of nba fans who dont have cable or cant get league pass...

9. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

Agreed.. ugh! I don't know what to do..

10. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

Let me know if you are able to get it. I talked to three different reps on Wednesday, Sunday and this morning. All said the same thing.

11. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

thats what dish network was telling me about NFL sunday ticket for about 2 years until i went with direct tv

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have spoken with them nearly everyday and they assure me it will be offered by the 28th, they keep saying they are trying to negotiate the absolute lowest price.

Im sure it will all work out.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i really hope so i will call tomororw...i mean at worst by saturday since the first week will be on preview so i wont miss any games on tv so i am not worried on that but i really like dish network otherwise but i wouldnt think twice about switching to directv if it meant getting rockets games

14. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

I was going to start a new thread but I guess I can post this here.

I was looking into ordering league pass and I just wanted to know how it works. There are ten stations allocated to it on my service provider. Is it that they just show the most poplar games for the night or are all the games broadcast? And are the games on national tv (tnt, espn, nbatv) also broadcast? TIA.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

every single game is broadcast, games on espn,abc,tnt, nba tv will be broadcast on those channels.

the remaining games for the night will be broadcast on your nba league pass stations. at least with dish network you usually get 1-2 extra games in hd each night (hoping its more this year) and at least with dish network you get whatever feed (depending on who has a contract with the nba for league pass) for the game so you may see a road game where you have to watch the other teams feed. Though I've heard that on directv that have both feeds? i dont know if thats true or not.

16. jh811

jh811 Member

WillG, how much you asking for? email me at jh811@yahoo.com

17. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I'm on Dish Network as well & I've been searching the website several times to see if I can order it. I'll be switching in a heartbeat if they can't get me setup.

18. Cotovelo_

Cotovelo_ Member

how much? i'm from Brazil and here ESPN will have just 4 Rockets game in the whole season =/
    email me alberich_cpo@hotmail.com

19. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I'm willing buy someone's Broadband LP account. I travel all over South America and will only be using it for Rockets games. Im willing to pay $60 on paypal or whatever other method we agree too.

Please let me know.

limited_few@hotmail.com

20. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that the espn, tnt games were also shown on league pass. I live in the caribbean and for some reason they group us with latin america so we don't get the us versions of espn and tnt. And the latin versions usually don't broadcast nba games. So I guess no tnt games for me this season. :(