1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[College Football] #1 America's Team vs #7 Boone Pickens Toy Train Set

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was thinking that too. Kansas may be the team knock Texas down. Hopefully not Tech. If only Kansas could combined this years offense with last years defense.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Doesn't Texas lead the nation in merchandise sales? I wouldn't expect Derek Jeter or Carmelo Anthony to just show up to the atm/isu or ou/ksu game.

Maybe not America's team, but we're one of the polarizing schools, imo.

3. RedRaiderRocket

Look forward to knocking off the #1 team next week.

4. yo

yo Contributing Member

Texas will go undefeated. Mark it.

5. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

And people accused of trash talking.....

6. RedRaiderRocket

Haha man I understand, I had no idea some Texas fans were so sensitive. I have no problem with what you are doing, you are standing up for your school like you should. I wish you the best this week. I give props to for standing up for your school. Though I think Mike Gundy is a little nutty, so is Mike Leach, both are great coaches and will get all they can out of their players.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ok.

Prediciton time.

Texas 47
    Oklahoma State 33

I think OS keeps it close for the first half. But Texas pulls away in the middle of the third.

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

But FYI, aside from that outburst, Mike Gundy has like the lowest and calmest voice I have ever heard in head coach before.

And btw, I can't wait for our own matchup and few weeks from now, regardless of how well our teams do by then. If was it was anything like last year, should be a glue-to-the-seat kind of game.

Good luck to you guys too!

9. RedRaiderRocket

Yeah I was watching some college tv show on espnu yesterday had I calm voice. Though his outburst was a instant youtube classic, I couldn't stop laughing when you played Missouri a couple of weeks ago. During the game he was sitting on the bench of the sideline, drawing up offensive plays by himself not paying any attention to what was going on in the game. The game vs you guys will be intense I remember watching it last year, our best receiver Michael Crabtree dropped a sure wide open touchdown to end the game, it was tough to take.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What game did Jeter and Anthony show up to?

Calling Texas "America's Team" is a over the top to me. Kind of like when one of either Azadre or Almu (can't remember for sure which one, though I'm leaning towards Azadre) came in a couple of years ago and claimed that Ohio State was now either tOSU or "the OSU" because they had "earned it" in comparison to other schools who abbreviated down to OSU.

It's one of those things where I sit back and scratch my head thinking, yeah, they're great in football but why the need to come out and make an even bigger deal out of it? If you want to link UT to the Cowboys though, go for it. Hey, I added them a long time ago anyway into my Mount Rushmore of annoying high draw bandwagon teams along with the Cubs, Dallas Cowboys, and Yankees.

You were shoving it down their throats though. You had double the posts in the UT/Missouri game thread of any other poster, but you weren't there to talk about Texas or Missouri, you were there to talk about OSU. You were also one of the top posters in the UT/OU game, again to talk about OSU. Granted, I realize you weren't the only one that hijacked the UT/OU game to talk about their own team. If you want to talk about OSU, make an OSU thread. Hell, make the OSU/UT thread a couple of weeks early, just don't try and take over threads that were made for other games/purposes.

As far as degrading comments though, all I can say is get used to it. Have you ever seen an A&M thread get started? Normally it's turned into a mockery by the UT folks before it gets to 15 posts. It gets to the point where you just kind of have to accept that you're grossly outnumbered on this board.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol UTs bad season is a 10-3. Aggies good season is a 8+ win season

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Jeter was at the last game. Anthony at the colorado game, but on the UT sideline. He was there with JR Smith. Nomar, Arod, Lebron, etc. lots of people have been to UT games. I won't count guys like Armstrong, McCounaghey and Clemens. That's a little too obvious, imo.

I think Notre Dame is likely the most polarizing team, but Texas is up there. I think the original post was joking, but you guys are so hypersensitive. Ask Arkansas, ou and a$m fans who they would most like to see lose.

I've had Iowa, Iowa st and Mich st fans tell me they would root for their respective rivals if they played Texas.

#32 gr8-1, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  13. updawg

updawg Member

poor aggy

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah I was talking to a girl at a bar the night before that said she saw meter at a gas station in a roylls Royce then I read the ap article the next on the game and thought wow she wasn't lying

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

jeter* typing on a iPod touch is tricky

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

haha yeah, and despite this, they call "haters" and we get all the bad rep for allegedly "starting" all that $h!t..

heck, I had a facebook-status argument with a r****d who goes to UNL (srsly, Nebraska?) who was like "aggies started all of this, UT owns..etc..." after I made a joking comment on a redraider's status. I guess being ranked #1 in academics by the Washington post makes a lot of people jealous..

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

America's team? Says WHO? Texans?

18. flipmode

flipmode Member

this is where your bad rep starts... when you go to fish camp, suck it all up, and then start making diarrhea posts like this.

i would like to see how you're going to say aggy has better academics than rice or texas, much less harvard, princeton, yale, cal, michigan, wash u, etc...

after next year, i'm gonna predict you start feeling the 2%-er burn. :D ;)

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Freakin hilarious! :D

[​IMG]

I think OSU will put up more of a fight than Mizzou did...but in the end another UT victory.

UT - 38
    OSU - 21

BTW, as a UT fan and a cowboys hater, I don't care for the use of the "America's Team" thing either. Especially right now, I wouldn't want to be associated with that team in Dallas, OK.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member