1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

New Projects coming to Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Mar 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I went by the Pavilions yesterday. A few stores are open in the front and back... but not much in the middle, which was a little dissapointing.

Kinda wish they waited till most of the stores were ready before having this "grand opening". The structure itself looks very nice... and there's ample shade to cover people during the hot parts of the year.

I also wish it was closer to both the metrorail stop (going northbound) as well as the Toyota Center. It seems to be just far enough from both to make the walk seem annoying.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I live in Denver buddy, its a ****ty skyline

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Houston's downtown skyline may be good but in term's of street level it freaking sucks. There is almost nobody on the streets on the weekends, really a shame.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe San Francisco isn't on your list. IMO its one of the best in the world.

[​IMG]

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

^^^^^
    SF=San Francisco

it is on his list, look again

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Yep. It's so spread out. From certain angles it looks great, other angles, bleh.

While not daunting, I think Austin's skyline from Mopac is impressive and will only get better as well.

7. gr8-1

Google Pittsburgh skyline. I'll put it ahead of Houston easily.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pittsburgh ?

No, Houston is a full tier above Pitts.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DONE in 2008, way ahead of schedule!. :cool:

4 Frontgae road lanes. 5 normal lanes. 2 Tollways. HOV's will open for everyone 2+ soon... both ways 5-11, 2-8 pm. Cool,eh? :)

10. gr8-1

it's certainly taller. But I'm more about desnity.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm gonna go ahead and say that you could say the same thing for just about every skyline not named new york or chicago.

12. SWTsig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if you really want to be impressed by our "skyline," head east from the beltway on westpark right around the area where it hits 59... you get all of uptown, downtown, and the med center in one view... :eek:

i promise you wont even recognize the city youre looking at.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The boy ain't lyin'. Beautiful.

14. gr8-1

see, swt, in your second pic, I only notice like 6 buildings. Sorry. Not saying Pittsburg is a better city, but I like density.

San Fran doesn't have a tall skyline, but I'll take it over Houston's. Just a matter of tast I think.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pittsburgh isn't bad at all -- I just think Houston has a much grander view.

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

17. SWTsig

18. anesticle

anesticle Member

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I actually went inside forever xxi today with my friend. she bought some stuff. i knew that forever xxi sold a few mens clothing, and i saw ONE dude looking at mens clothes. What a dork/loser. Who was that?

anyhoo, That place is nice.

What the hell is the difference between a Forever XXI and a Forever 21?

I'm serious.

Anyhoo, i saw about two Rockets employees. Don't think they were RPDs. My interest in RPDs have kinda dropped. I'm putting that in that survey crap they sent me. You ladies need to win me back.

They may have been ticket folks or whatever. They saw my ass. I had big ass Red Rockets Shooting shirt on. Yeah you saw me African American lady with the white and black pumas on. Yeah you saw me Asian American chick with the sparkly red Chuck Taylors. Can't say Get Red or some bull ****? Too busy dropping triple figures on Womens clothing? Ask me if I got tickets yeah, so i can bust out with a Vanessa has me taken care of. Yeah, that would have been awesome.

Anyhoo, FXXI. Nothing but some chicks at that store. It's nice. I might be there every day just scoping chicks out. Books a Million... ehh.

I cant wait for the homeless bums (the one that are actual bums, not homeless people with usually some kind of mental condition) start harassing folks coming out.

20. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I think Forever XII has men's and women's clothing as opposed to just women's. I would like to stalk out some chicks.