1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Obama Making Stalin Proud

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Joshaaronb, Oct 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Joshaaronb

Joshaaronb Member

Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of passion about this country and its direction cause I got to live here and raise my family here but the end game is always the same for me.

2. cagey veteran

cagey veteran Member

This dude who wrote the bible really seems to be your favorite author. You seem to have really gotten caught up in the characters and storyline. Has he written any other novels of interest, because that one didn't seem to do it for me....

3. Joshaaronb

Joshaaronb Member

Give it another read its always better the second time.

4. cagey veteran

cagey veteran Member

I don't think so. I don't want to end up like one of those nerds that is all caught up into Lord of the Rings or anything like that. I don't want to end up wearing Jesus garb at bible conventions....

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Ok, problem #1: any time you mention the word TRUTH with religion, you're argument automatically fails, because religion is a personal choice. There is no "truth" here. You may think it's truth, you may even believe it's truth, but you can't prove any of it. Add to that the billions of people who believe a different "truth", and you have the recipe for epic FAIL. Stop forcing the rest of the country to believe the same religion that you do.

Man is, by his nature, sinful. Religion is just mankind's interpretation of an assumed God's will. Thus, religion, being a product of man, is by it's very nature sinful. Of course we'll never "measure up" to what God intended. That applies to the GOP as much as it does to the Democrats.

But wait: I though God loved everyone. So, is God really "vs." anyone? Shouldn't She be on everyone's side? :confused:

6. Landlord Landry

If you read the Bible the same way you would read Jabberwocky, seriously, what are you expecting? conversely, would you read Jabberwocky the same way you read the Bible?

if your mind isn't capable of accepting interpretations that allow the Bible to make sense, then there is something inside you that doesn't want it to make sense.

read the bible in a way that allows it to make sense. The bible isn't about how big Noah's ship was or oceans being parted.......

I read these words of Jesus Christ, understanding them for the first time after having read them for years, 'Who do you say I am?'

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Josh, you do realize that any form taxation is spreading the wealth. That is true of McCain's tax plan or no change to the tax plan. The fact that the govt. takes in taxes and spends that money is spreading the wealth.

The difference is who is the beneficiary of that spending, or tax cuts.

8. flipmode

flipmode Member

hypothetical: i find the qur'an to be more truthful. does that mean i'm being misled - you know, not reading the bible, because one is more truthful than the other?

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sounds like a problem to say that you have to put your mind in the right state so that it makes sense. If it makes sense shouldn't it be obvious without having to put your mind into a particular state?

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I prefer The Epic of Gilgamesh from a purely literary perspective, though Genesis incorporated much of the better parts into it's narrative.

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I prefer the Fable of Gargamel or The Vulgate of St. Jerome.

12. Landlord Landry

do you serve Jesus Christ? or does Jesus Christ serve you?

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I totally agree with you that early Genesis is great. You can't go wrong with either Seconds Out, Selling England By the Pound, or A Trick of the Tail. Later Genesis is merely okay, though, although We Can't Dance did have its moments of brilliance.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The scariest part of Obama's tax plan: slaughtering 20 million of his own countrymen, signing a non-aggression pact with Nazi Germany and renaming Washnigton DC "Obamagrad."

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You know. I think I've figure it out.

killer instinct is RON ARTEST! Joined in July. I mean, right?

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the choices are either you are servant to Jesus or master of Jesus?

17. Landlord Landry

yes...

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I can't tell if you're kidding... but Clutch confirmed Artest's username in the GARM. It's "Artest Music." Seriously.

No really.

(In case you, or anyone, hadn't heard.)

Carry on with the Party talk, comrades. ;)

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really? That's a cool moniker, if true! :cool:

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3963463&postcount=147