1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Tmac "encouraged by progress"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Oct 20, 2008.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You have too much common sense for this thread. You see, this is a hate thread. Anytime you see these :rolleyes: in a thread about one of our players just know that the player will be drug through the mud. You won't get any intelligent responses to your intelligent post here.

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

coming off surgery and just starting playing a month ago hes not going to know how his body is going to feel the next day

3. amak

amak Member

Mac has unusually skinny legs, Im glad he realized he needs to get them stronger. Scoliosis? Why is it that day after day, we are learning about all the problems of Tmac...scary stuff.

Anyway, Go Rox!

4. mtran

mtran Member

this is why i didnt draft mac or yao in fantasy hoops. i dont care if he lays 82 games or 28 games. i want him healthy for the postseason.

my exgf have scoliosis also. what a small world! although there were days when she felt great and on top of the world, there were other days where she was immobile due to acute pain.

5. acjeitherocket

lo....agreed

6. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Its funny how some of you guys bash McGrady and then talk about how he doesnt have the heart of a champion but when the man is helping the rockets win games and dishing out crazy assist you all love him. Give the man a break at least he backs it all up on the court when it counts

7. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

wow ur kind of a douche aren't you....

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Scoliosis is nothing new here. Many of us already knew this.

I really don't see the big deal here either. He'll be ready when he's ready. If he starts the regular season, great. If not, just be ready come playoff time. That's why we have more than 5 players on a roster.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Did he actually say "I am not ready to play next week"? I didn't watch the video, but he didn't say anything that definitive in Blinebury's column.

I'm not saying that McGrady isn't a bit impulsive or moody in his comments. I think he must have one of those bodies which feels good one day, and the next day doesn't feel good. Given his history, I can't blame him if he wants to be cautious about being ready to go in a few weeks time. But at the same time, he shouldn't be blamed for being more positive the next day when his body feels better.

I think fans get annoyed because they hang onto his words like they really mean something. His words are nothing but a reflection of what he happens to be thinking at that particular time, and they are always subject to change. He says what he's feeling, and I don't think there's much deep thought or reflection going on in his head. That's how he's been ever since he got here, so I don't know why people are surprised or angry over it.

10. bewy

bewy Member

Anybody knows the degree of scoliosis he has?

11. rockets34

rockets34 Member

I think one thing with Tmac more so than with other players is the mental effects of injuries to his psyche. When Tmac is hurt, it typically takes him much longer to mentally recover and realize he can do the things he could do pre-injury than it appears to for other players. Case in point, couple of years ago when he had the serious back issues, but they were resolved by Patterson he would still shake his head in wonder at the things he could do 30 games later. Whereas most players realize that the injury is healed, and mentally move on and play accordingly. Tmac holds back and is reluctant to push and test the injured body part far longer for whatever reason. Just my opinion.

12. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

So, your wife doesn't get pounded at work then?

13. rockets34

rockets34 Member

Lol, I saw that as well but decided to be mature and let it go. But funny nonetheless. lol

14. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

TMAC is going to be just fine.

15. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it better myself!

16. Bassem

Bassem Member

I agree. I think everyone should just relax and be patient, and it will pay off. Let Tracy say what he wants, but we all want to see him playing at his absolute best. Give him his time and he'll be ready for the season.

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Some posters here are really something.

I work at a Physical Therapy clinic and I ask patients all the time about how their knee, shoulder, etc. is doing and on some days it's good, some days it's bad.

If the media asks Tmac everyday about his knee, and being the honest guy he is, then his answers will probably vary. Y'all just hear about it a lot b/c he's a star athlete.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

lmao...

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

QFT.

Seriously, a lot of you all have problems. It's great to be a die hard fan; I been one my whole life. It's another thing to be all up on players like a bunch of girls and cry when the players cry. Seriously, just chill a bit and let T-mac be the person he is. All you all do to yourselves is cause extra unnecessary stress.

I love my Rockets, but some of you all are just obsessed and freaky.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am so glad Ron doesn't have a cold right now. Or back problems... In fact I'm just glad we have a solid player to add on to last year's amazing strength. Can't wait to see a year where T-mac and Yao can rest more! Finally a chance at staying healthy.