1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strawberry is better than Wafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haoafu, Oct 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

2. FFz

FFz Member

sorry but rockets need ppl that can hit 3s more than anything. ANYTHING. I see him as a bobby jackson role if he sticks.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Add a poll. So, we can vote.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ummm, Give me Wafer.....

This is DJ's first decent game really.....

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

...yet the 3's are existent.

6. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

it's hard to decide honestly because both had really good performances. however i am leaning more in the direction of dj strawberry. while von has a more polished offensive game than strawberry, his 3 point game is hard to tell just based on this performance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DJ shoots a better career percentage from 3 point land than wafer does. DJ is also a better defender than wafer.

Both bring something different to the table. DJ brings defense Von brings a better offensive game. However, I don't think the Rockets need explosive scoring at this point or 3 point shooting because we have battier and barry and potentially head. What we do need is still someone who can attack the basket and draw fouls. DJ is obviously has a better track record than Von in doing this. The Rockets still struggle in transition and getting easy buckets via layups, dunks, or with free throws. And I definitely believe that Dj brings more to table in those areas than Von. So I'm going with DJ even though Von had a lights out game today. The main concern is it seems to me to be more of a one game thing than something that'll happen on a consistent basis.

7. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

if we choose one of them that mean mike harris is not out of the picture

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Let's have a poll:

Guess How Many Wafer/Strawberry Threads Till The Next Game

A. 2
    B. 3
    c. 4
    D. 5

9. ch44

ch44 Member

If the Rockets wanted someone who can just hit 3s they would have kept Steve Novak. Unless Wafer proves he is more than just a shooter, which tonight he didn't, he won't make the team.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then this thread should have been titled Strawberry is better than Wafer FOR THIS GAME.... Wafer has clearly played better than DJ this preseason..

11. 58potato

58potato Member

but :rolleyes: we already have B.Barry, we need someone can approach the ring.

12. Bassem

Bassem Member

Strawberry had shown better defense, better driving to the basket, and decent shooting, especially tonight. All Wafer's done is shoot the three, in which we've got plenty of players who can do that. Wafer can shoot the ball, but he doesn't have a better overall game than does Strawberry.

13. holyman

holyman Member

didn't Wafer played some point guard in one of the games? i do like to have an extra player to bring the ball across the half

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

If we just wanted someone that can shoot lights out from three, we would've kept Steve Novak.

15. akiracy

akiracy Member

by offensive game you mean spot up shooting. strawberry on the other hand was working off the ball trying to get open, did some ball handling, attacked the basket and played good defense.

Strawberry 20 pts 2 reb 3 ast 3 stl 1 blk 0 to
    Wafer 23 pts 1 reb 0 ast 1 st 0 blk 0 to

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Can't we just combine both?

Strawberry wafer??? Yummm. :D

(Sorry I know that was stupid.)

17. LoveRoxHateJazz

It sucks that in order for some of you to say something positive about one, you have to state something negative about the other. I understand they are competing for one spot, but 2 weeks ago I thought niether of them could contribute.

Now, I am in awe with what Morey has done for this team. I am not worried about our backup PG spot slipping into Luther's hands if Brooks doesn't pan out.

I wish we could have both, but if I had to choose one, I like what Strawberry brings to this team.

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

VON WAFER > DJ Strawberry

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

just because of 23 points compare to 20 points? Or because of that clutch 3p?

Watch the game, Strawberry have a much better overall game.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Strawberry is clearly the better overall player. He can create for himself occasionally, has better handles, finishes better inside, and plays better defense. Both have questionable decision making and passing. Suns fans liked him last year despite his awful stats. He's improved on all his weaknesses since then.

No one has ever liked Wafer at season's end.