1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here has been robbed at their house?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CriscoKidd, Oct 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Damn you! I guess I'll just go cry in a corner... :(

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I have. Middle of the day and my dad walked in on them when he came home from lunch. They ran out the back. I was up in college station at school and this happened in Houston.

Stole my mom's jewelry, all of our guns, and various electronics.

We got to go gun shopping though. I had outgrown that .243 anyways. Got me a 7 Mag with some knock down power.

I also got a new over/under .20 gauge. Great for quail season right around the corner!

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Awwww... ^^^^ WTF, mlwoo...?!?!?!? :mad:

You could have used this for FRIDAY STORY TIME, you dolt! Now you messed up my Friday. :(

4. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

Not cool...I'm in a boring lecture now and bit my lip to stop from busting out laughing.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a classic game, unlike some crappy final fantasy playstation game.
    damn them!

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

My parent's house was robbed twice while I was in high school (late 70s).

The only things they took were my Mom's jewelry and my guitar gear.

Haven't been robbed since.

7. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

just about a year ago, my apartment got broken into one a weekend that i was out of town. they jimmied the back door open and, much like mego, they stole the most random, illogical ****.

funny thing is, when you first walk into my apartment, the absolute first thing you would notice is a giant mixing console in the hallway on top of racks of processing equipment (all for audio recording). if you were to walk 10 feet (which i later realized they did) into my room you would see guitars, drums, mics, cables. all in all, i'd say i have about 6 grand of recording equipment and instruments that are both so ubiquitous it would be impossible not to notice....... yet they didn't touch any of it. still not exactly sure why, only guess is that they were kids who wouldn't want to carry all of it.

the selective thievery they employed was very insulting, but having my recording equipment safe almost overtook the sheer vulnerability that is inevitable when somebody violates your space in such a way. they took:

my camcorder, my old xbox and xbox games, my backpack with all my schoolwork, my golf clubs, the vast majority of my dvds (with a few randoms they left behind) and a case of beer. not having my notes and books really f**ked me that semester, but the worst part about everything they took was that they didn't even take all of my dvds. not only are you guys going to rifle through all my **** and take it like you own it, but you guys have the balls to pick and choose which dvds you want and don't?????? damn just take them all, don't insult my taste too. it's like leaving a note saying 'we took your **** and also we don't like the way you decorated in here.'

i almost wish they would have taken a guitar, at least those have serial numbers and are trackable.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My garden gnome has been stolen twice and has currently been held hostage for about 450 days.

I also know for a fact that Dadakota's, Obama sign has been stolen. Its a rough world out there.

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think I was about to get robbed but an uncontrollable homicidal impulse put a stop to that....

Signed,
    Joe Horn.

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I got my house broken into 3 times. The thing stolen were a Xbox with 6 of my bad games on Thanksgiving, and they placed a broken damaged Xbox in the same spot. Someone came through my window at night when I was home and stole 2 of my PS2 games, one had my memory card in it. Last, someone took a TV and 15 dollars out of my wallet which was lying on the table.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Robbery is the crime of seizing property through violence or intimidation.

Burglary is a crime the essence of which is entry into a building for the purposes of committing an offence. Usually that offence will be theft

You guys were burglarized not robbed

12. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

We know, at least I know the difference.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I knew I messed up on the thread title but I couldn't put a finger on what word or phrase to use instead at that moment that didn't sound even worse. I just figured everyone would get it anyway.

I know the difference between the two, but, yeah, thanks. And I'm not even being a smartass for once.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

My wife and I were followed from out garage into our house by a man with a gun and a mask and robbed.

I couldn't choke out a noise from my throat at first. Later I did some fast talking. He took some jewelry.

It's scary.

15. Jayou

Jayou Member

When I was a junior in college, I got a call from my bro that our house got broken in to. Our bulldogs that lived outside in the yard had all died in the previous year, so nothing stopped the guys from breaking in.

But, they got caught b/c we lived across the street from a school that was under rennovation. The construction workers got the license plates and they got caught. Never had the chance to thank them.

The best part was one of the robbers was a known criminal associate of that piece of **** Quannell X with a heavy rap sheet. That felony robbery was his third strike.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Our home in the Aldine Mail Route area, off 59, was burglarized in 1988.

I was a sophomore in high school at MacArthur...

It was almost Christmas break... I got sick at a choir trip and the bus driver ran me by the house early... My mom and dad were at the church filling out a report with the sheriff's deputy because the church had been broken into. When they left the church, they went over to the house and tried to open the door, but the dead bolt was locked... they thought I was inside, but then I cam walking up the sidewalk while they were standing there. My dad knew something was up. He went in first.

The house was ransacked like you see in the movies... stuff was strewn everywhere. After we were given the all clear by my dad, we came in... It turned out all my mom's jewelry except what she was wearing, some guns, some electronics (vcr, my boombox, walkman, watch), and a few other small items were ganked. They used my pillow cases from my bed to carry it all out.

We found the vcr in the ditch behind the house inside a pillow case and a pair of my dad's pants were wrapped around my gun. The deputy advised us to look there... it was a "drop" so they could come back later and snag it.

The weird thing is that they left other valuables within feet and inches away... they were probably going to come back.

It stunk. Very violated feeling... hard to sleep after that. Our window was wide open all night that night (they had broken in through that one). We could hear the gunshots around the area, cars peeling out. If you don't know Aldine, let's just say in 1988 "a rough area" would be nicely putting it. The deputy that basically walked right over after filing the report on the church and filed the report on our home told my dad to "carry a gun with you to the pulpit" and that the area was "the armpit of [Harris] county."

We moved back to LJ and commuted 65 miles one way for church for a year... Sundays and Wednesdays.

I've been an insomniac since then. It didn't help when my vehicle was burglarized in broad daylight, while in my driveway, one month after we moved into our home in Plano. My dog was a puppy, and I hadn't learned his bark yet, but he warned me...

Thieves are teh suck... and they are cowards.

BTW- I was robbed, in person, by a group of my rims/tires and speaker box in my truck in '92. Not a fun moment.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, I got between chicks, not dogs. Sorry to disappoint you. I was out with one of my girlfriends when my pad was broken into. I suspect that you, an expert on dogs of the female persuasion (not that there is anything wrong with that!), would have clearly seen the difference between a fox, my companion, and a dog, which would be yours.

18. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Our house as burgarlized when we evacuated for Rita. They took jewelery, 60 inch Sony LCD, my laptop and a couple of other things.

Scum!!! :mad:

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Whoa doggy, melt much? Lighten up, Mutt. It was light humor, s'all.

Now, go smell your girlfriends ass and try not to piss on the carpet today.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My Obama sign got stolen.

DD