1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Yao look quicker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YugoRocketsFan, Oct 14, 2008.

1. jason2

jason2 Member

maybe he shouldn't increase his weight any more?

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

:rolleyes: God bless you Albert, you're a genius.

3. HoustonFan4Life

I was worried because he looked kind of sluggish the first few games, but yesterday was a welcomed site. He looked physical, quicker and more determined to score and rebound.

4. kops630

kops630 Rookie

Turtle would be more quickly because he gets with Ron Artest.

5. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

He will be even better when the game go along.

6. theREALDEALkid

Well he did lose 10-15 lbs so maybe thats also helping him become quicker

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if yao can avg 11-12 rebounds a game, oh my.

8. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Yes, he does. The MVP has arrived

9. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I don't think he looked a whole lot quicker but i think i was more fascinated with how aggresive he was being in the game period! Trying to take his man Dribbling from the free throw line! The running rebound! Just being a phsical beast!

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I think it's time to reduce his minutes to 10 mins for the rest of the preseason. He looks ready. No need to keep pushing him.

11. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

He looked a lot better than he was in CNT at Beijing. It's funny that I was saying to my friends exactly the same thing yesterday when I watched the pre-season game.

I am pleasantly surprised by Yao so far. I pray for him to stay healthy for at least this season.

12. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

If we play him 30 mins a game, he will have a much greater chance to stay healthy. Remmember his frist 2 seasons he played like 80 games per, he couldn't average more than 32 mins a game back then because of the faul trouble. I think it's not entirely coincidence.

13. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Yao got a bionic leg after the surgery! Serioulsy though, he does look quicker and his footwork is looking awesome too.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Also, he's a very efficient player who doesn't need alot of shots to be effective.

15. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

I was surprised too. It is about the first time that I saw Yao move from one area to another area to grab a rebound in his NBA career. Imagine how many more rebounds that he will get if he can move on the court like that consistently in the whole season (finger crossed).

16. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I didn't see the game, but looking at the boxscores it did look like Yao was taking rebs. like crazy. So I agree with you on Yao and the reb. part, but I really don't think he looks that much quicker maybe just a little from what I saw in the Boston game.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The 6 Million Yen Man?

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I don't know about the first couple games, but this last one against OKC, Yao seemed more agile than ever.

He was jumping for rebounds, cutting to the basket from the top of the key, more definite in his post moves, and more aggressive on defense.

It's as if a burden has lifted from his shoulders and is playing freely...

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

He has been playing injured so much over the last 2+ years that we forget that he used to be quick with his reactions, and his little baseline drop step post moves.

I watched a show last night about this guy who was 7'5, didnt play any serious sports at all, but was in pretty good shape - dudes body went to crap at about 25!

Yao is a freak of nature.

20. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

I feel the same.

In the beginning of last season, I saw yao moving very quick, from one side of the basket to the other, stopping ,turning, musling for the postion. I felt that should not be his style.