1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Oct 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 58potato

58potato Member

no matter stay or go, i always support you!!!!! MY GREAT SF3

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Steve Knows that he will be a trade deadline trade if he does not produce. He is positioning himself to give himself the best chance not to just crack the rotation but also to get another contract with value. That may not be with the Rockets but his abilities can command alot of money if he can produce. Lastly, this is good for Steve he is a competitor with heart some guys need to know they have their head on the chopping block to compete consistently at a high level.

3. drich

drich Member

I don't know the reason for that, all I do is ref the scrimmages. From what I see he is always in good spirits and he has no problems with the team that I saw on the court.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

for the millionth time. he's done.

take off the "steve fan" glasses and open your eyes.

done. like a burnt steak.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Thanks for actual info while everyone else is assuming he is done. Glad to hear that he still attacks the rim at will. We need that for easy buckets. I don't get why so many people want to see him fail. Like someone said earlier, we all should be rooting for Steve.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Amen to that Thats the problem with some fans Steve is a part of the Rockets and a pretty good player he is just been in a tough spot in the last 3 years health wise.

7. SeeingRocketRed

Why would you not cheer for one of our own guys, a guy that entertained us for years, and a guy that was an all-star in a position where we desperately need a decent back-up?

Go Steve go! Get healthy and prove the haters wrong.

8. dexkk

dexkk Member

It's not just Steve, people on this board like to hate. Remember Rafer last season? and Head this season?

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I just HAD to put this post in a Stevie Francis thread.

This is my Franchise endorsed post no:

:D

10. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

there is a very important difference between hate and facts.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yes there is. And yours looks 100% certified hate. :D

12. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

next year this time, we'll pick this up then. :)

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

HMD, please enlighten us on the 'inside knowledge' you have that makes you so CERTAIN that he's done.

I have my doubts that he's going to be able to contribute or even crack the rotation - but you can't say the guys 'done' when he is still signed on and is working out with the team.

I'm not saying you are going to be wrong - but you have to admit there is some chance you could be.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

If Francis comes back at 75% of his old self, this team would be even more scary. If he could play 10-12 quality minutes, that would be awesome. He was a major force near the rim, an excellent rebounder. His game is in his hops. If he can get some of that back, he can have an impact. All Star Francis is probably "done," but reserve Francis could prove valuable. I am still hopeful that he can come back.

15. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I hope Francis got surgery on the appropriate knee. He has a very low bball IQ.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Okay I haven't read this thread at all, but you know what I think of every time I see the title..

The tune Frère Jacques

Frère Jacques, frère Jacques,
    Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?

Now fill it in with

Where is Francis, Where is Francis
    Francis Who? Francis Who?

And imagine that getting stuck in my head all day long!

17. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

He just needs a little more time so keep singing your song until he steps on the court. I don't expect any real time until mid December. By then we will know better what we can expect from him.

So I guess once Hayesfan starts singing Christmas carols instead of french roast we'll know more.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haha tooo funny.

see what i have below here. im really rooting for the guy.

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

don't ask. :)

apparently people here enjoy the idea of having Francis back on the court.

i'm more along the lines of the Kevin Pritchard school of thought. that Francis' roster spot is more valuable than he is.

20. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

it is baffling how the guy who was the first part of our dynamic duo with yao and constantly caused problems for the shaq kobe lakers has so many people rooting against him here. yeah, he made a number of ill-advised decisions with the ball in his early years, but he still bleeds rockets red (and ugly midnight-blue pinstriped pajamas). I myself had issues with him before and was suspended from this site for vocalizing them a little too much, BUT he is rockets family and a deadly weapon IF he can recover from his injuries.
    Viva la Franchise. get healthy and bring us your barrage of 3's and awe-inspiring dunks!!! no team will compare if SF3 can make a comeback. no team. (that includes Boston, LA, and NOH (CP3 will have a tough time defending a healthy SF3)).
    GET HEALTHY FRANCIS. finally win a championship with Yao.