1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Aaron Brooks: What's his future in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Oct 9, 2008.

?

What's the future of Aaron Brooks

1. Future starter

322 vote(s)
    42.5%
  2. Career backup guard

314 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. 11th or 12th man on a roster

57 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Out of this league in 2-3 years

65 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Don't tell me I am judging this off of one preseason game. He had a whole year with us last year, remember?

Never was impressed with him. Didn't like the draft pick. I think Aaron Brooks is a novelty that people want to cheer for because he is tiny and fast. It is dumb.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Great post. I think you nailed it. Also, Brooks isn't a young kid anymore. If he doesn't get it this year, it's likely not going to happen.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'd say that first of all last year was his rookie year and you expect large amounts of inconsistency from rookies. That said, he looked terrific in a few games. And his college career was pretty impressive. I'll reserve judgement until next year.

4. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

His size is his downfall. He just doesn't want to get bigger like Nate Robinson.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's too small, has no court vision, and can't finish. At best he will be riding the pine in the future. We should have given him up last year for Artest and kept Greene this year.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i'd say brooks has till midseason to show he can run the point. if not we'll have to trade someone for a backup PG.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

PS- The high school version of Iverson is better then Aaron Brooks.

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Okay. While you are reserving judgement, I'll be cringing every time he goes in.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'd say you are dead on!

10. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Seeing as the Brooks vs. CP3 argument is coming here, I figured I'd link to my post in another thread:

11. TraocyMcMingy

TraocyMcMingy Member

Aaron Brooks sucks. He went like 1 for 9 shooting in summer league games. he sucks everytime hes on the court. he wont make it in the nba, hes a midget

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I'm guessing Brooks will end up like most other undersized guards...off to Europe of a 4m deal in a few years...In the mean time he'll develop into a nice Jannero Pargo back up

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

This is a good comparison. Boykins isn't a PG either. He's a miniature shot happy SG. For Brooks to have any success, he'll have to be utilized to play to his strengths, which is also to be a miniature scoring SG.

In other words, we need a backup PG.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Bill Worrell saying some negative things about Aaron Brooks.
    -He just can't make the easy pass
    -He's hard headed. He keeps trying to do it his way

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well he is the reason why we lost that lead and we are down by two at the half at the point guard position he isn't making his teammates comfortable on the floor and keeps making turnover after turnover... just over doing it.

16. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

our backup PG position is really scary...morey should be exploring other options...

17. Yak

Yak Member

That's the problem, there aren't any solid options out there that are available.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, thats what I said, it seems you are the only person in this BBS, that see the same way as I do. :cool:

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

AB is not a PG. If he's in there at the point, we're going to have to anticipate some TOs-- almost as bad as when we've seen LH at PG. If AB cannot deliver an early pass, he should just try to score. Getting rejected or missing is better than turning it over on the perimeter.

I still hope he'll develop into a capable PG-- learn how not to pick up his dribble, how not to dribble-drive across the baseline, etc. Maybe he could go to Steve Nash's summer camp? In the meantime, he's a decent change-of-pace 2, but on the roster bubble.

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

However his career turns out, it won't be a starting PG on a contenting team. It'll be more like a back guard on a sub par team, or possibly for a team over seas. Let's just hope Morey can send him packing while he has some trade value. Sorry Aaron, but your no Calvin Murphy. :(