1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palin abused the authority of her office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Oct 10, 2008.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was surprised by the rampant sexism in the democratic primary, stunned by it's continuation in the general, saddened by the douchenfruede here.

dunque, cosi...

2. trea

trea Contributing Member

Say it ain't so Joe!

HO HO HO

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Their sole rationale was that Palin's brother-in-law is such a scumbag, she was justified in going after him. To them, the ends justified the means. I even acknowledged to them (sincerely I might add) that the guy was trash and Palin's emotions against him were justified.

But being in a position of power made it such that she could not act based on personal feelings. They didn't understand how serious this was.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your contention is that she was found to have abused her authority because of sexism?

Were you surprised by the sexism of Republican media personalities?

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/wolcott/2008/10/i-missed-the-veep-last.html

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"I'm gonna make it up . . ." - Sarah 'Carl Lewis' Palin

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

There she goes again!

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Uh, I kinda wanna know if the next possible VP has a tendancy to abuse the powers of the offices he or she holds...

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

funny how the left wing media is all leaving out the part from the report about her being "proper and lawful" in the firing. Her abuse of power was in letting her husband meddle in the affairs which is not good, but its not anywhere close to a serious violation especially for today's politician. I mean its not like she's in bed with ACORN or anything.

Oh sorry I forgot you guys don't care about the real story ... back to what you were doing ...

9. sook

sook Rookie

basso i don't know whether or not you pull your counter arguments out of your ass

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Damn liberal media and their need to expose lies.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lOBWZ7Jocc8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lOBWZ7Jocc8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I agree, yet Clinton was allowed to continue as President after what he did to that poor intern in the blue dress.

:cool:

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well hopefully this and Obama's win in November puts an end to her national political career.

She is potentially a very dangerous demagogue.

13. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

I'd love to see her get nominated for president in 2012 as freepers want, and get solidly trounced.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Cry me a river. Of course, the irony is that you are the one treating her in a sexist fashion by putting her on a pedestal and not holding her to even the most basic of standards any sane person would for politicians.

Anyway...

My friends, that's not abuse of power we can believe in.

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

No. It's be Romney because apparently all you have to do is "look presidential".Had the GOP figured it out earlier Obama would have been planning his winter vacation by now.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Palin - abuse of power as Alaska Gov. ~ GUILTY

Culture of Corruption
    rolls on -- repubs 08'...

DOOMED

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There is nothing to this feeble little report. It is all theatrics. Alaska is greatest state in all of USA. Palin is noble representative.

[​IMG]

18. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Romney probably would have done better than Mccain, but no matter what candidate the republicans nominated, they would have a tough time against Obama. Especially in this political climate.

19. rocket3forlife2

I see drudge report is pretending this didn't happen.I knew it was republican leaning, but goodness.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Did Drudge run the "result" of the McCain/Palin "internal investigation" (sic)?

And MadMax, that is harsh. :D

basso, I don't understand, one iota, where there is sexism in this investigation or, in general, in most people's intense concerns about Palin. An abuse of public office matches her rhetoric and manner to a T, and that has nothing to do with her gender, in my view. She has the same unflinching, I'm-right-everybody-else-be-damned attitude that Cheney does. Best America figure that out as soon as possible.