1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's new commentation on Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skywater, Oct 6, 2008.

1. skywater

skywater Member

Yao’s new commentation on ArtestBy Titan Sports,China

Said Ron’s trade remarkably inhanced the competitiveness of Rox. He felt glad for such a powerful and tough player to be his teammate.

Yao admitted that he began to like Ron from their first meeting in media day. While he got in the court for training, he found Ron was already there. “You know, only we two chose to workout after that day’s interviews.” Yao states that Ron’s attitude was totally different from what had been described in media.

Yao mentioned that Ron had received several offers from some chinese sneakers’companies but he knew nothing about those brands (Peak/Lining/Anta etc.). Yao shared his information about chinese sneakers with Ron and invited him to visit his hometown Shanghai next summer after his signing of contract.

2. Dei

Dei Member

Link, please, before anything else.

3. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

I also need the link or the media ....thansk a lot

4. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

5. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Looks like yao has found someone who works as hard he does. gotta love it. hopefully this is the year the big fella has a injury free year and proves why i regard him as the best center in the nba. people who say dwight is better have no clue.

6. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I don't understand why he was listening to the media hype on Artest. If I didn't know who he was I would have sworn we signed a death row inmate.

Had Artest gone to the Lakers, the entire media would have been talking about how Phil Jackson and Kobe would have no problem keeping him in line. :rolleyes:

How quickly people forget Adelman had both Bonzi and Artest at the same time with no problems.

7. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

They shouldn't have been the only two working out after media day Tmac should have beat them to the court.

8. kwng

kwng Member

Artest has offers :D from Chinese shoes company already. That's ain't fair to Landry and others .

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to Artest being our modern version of Mario Elie, with a better knack for scoring.

His defense and teammate support on the floor will make the difference for us this season.

Can you imagine the nights when Ron and Shane take turns guarding greats like Kobe and Lebron? It's going to be a nightmare for opponents.

We'll have Shane defending up close and personal with a hand blocking a shooter's vision, and Ron manhandling and intidmidating everyone. It sounds ugly, but it's what we need.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Things seems to be going well between them. Plus, this thread taught me that "commentation" is indeed a word.

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Where do you think you and everyone get their info about players from? The players provide the material, the media publicizes it.

McGrady said he was surprised to find out how unselfish Artest is. Fans were worried about Rafer Alston after troubling reports from Toronto. And we don’t personally know Kobe Bryant but we all have some kind of opinion of him.

Anyway, hopefully all the extra benefits Artest is getting by being a Houston Rocket will make the decision easier to resign with us if every works out. It’s good that Yao and he are hitting it off.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Several offers? I hope that can happen soon, more money he gets from the deal, more chances for the rockets to retain him after this year contract. How about Barry? he will get one too, I really think so.

"Ron had received several offers from some chinese sneakers’companies "

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yao working for Morey already.

14. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

I like we have two of our three top players are the hardest working...I think that's also Yao's weakness...all that wear-and-tear over working himself in practice may be causing some break down in his feet

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Agreed! Dwight Howard is not even close. He's got huge physical talent, but nowhere near a complete game. He's got a long way to go. He'll be awesome in five years.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ron Artest is from the hood, he doesn't know Anta.
    He probably knows British Knights and Fubu.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

BK were the shiznat I had a pair of those growing up

18. mich

mich Member

I have a feeling that these two will become very close friends, not just teammates. Something like Yao & SF

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Caltech?

20. skywater

skywater Member

Sorry for my poor translation... here "sign his contract" refers to sneakers company, not the Rox. :p Ron might visit China in summer just like Battier/Scola/SF3 did if he accepted an offer from some company.