1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes' ugly free throw in 2K9

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Sep 16, 2008.

1. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

yeah that would be a great idea nice job! towW

2. jrsr34

jrsr34 Contributing Member

Awesome, count me in -- SKIDADDY

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

4. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

will there be an online gameplay for the pc version? and if there is, will i be able to connect with my friend who will be getting the Xbox360 version?
    thanks

5. bmthint

bmthint Member

Thats funny seeing how a while ago u posted that 09 was gonna be better than 2k and that they even have realistic player shooting styles... just like 2k had from like 2k6.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Too bad 2k9 didn't have Yao Ming's free throw down. In 2k9, Yao wasn't aiming when he shoot free throws like he did in real life.

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

It's almost scary how difficult it is to tell whether this clip is from a game or real life.

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Nah, look at how Yao slides backward after Chuck's release you know it's a video game.

9. joesr

joesr Member

I am interested.
    Tag: proud daddy

10. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

good game there...so vivid...

11. towW

towW Member

looks like they already started a thread and a team(s) which I would have done if I had the ability to but I don't so I guess I will be using this thread as our own team thread.
    so far we have..
    jrsr34 - SKIDADDY
    joesr - proud daddy
    towW - yao ming soulja (I'll take any position)
    let me know what position you guys want to play and which game you will be playing. i'm a 2k guy so I will be mainly playing that.

12. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Just got the NBA 2K9. Tried Chuck's free throw. Very difficult to get the timing right. Shot 50, in 6.

13. bringonthe3s

bringonthe3s Member

Just wondering if you noticed any bugs in the copy you got? I plan to get the game on weekend.

Is our roster complete? Does it include our training camp players?

Can't wait to play it.

14. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Haven't gone too far. This version included tutorial mode. Still learning all the moves.

Rockets Roster includes all old player plus Ron, Berry, Strawberry, and Landry(1 yr qualify offer).

Deke is free agent.

Mike Harris, Joey Dorsey, and Maarty Leunen do not exist. :mad:

15. joesr

joesr Member

Joey Dorsey was in a update ytd, restarted my Association, lol. He is at rating 70 and that dude is freaking strong on the game, just like IRL, hah.

Man they upped the aggressiveness in this game, or I am just rusty. I can barely win at All Star lvl. Where as 2k8 I was dominating Hall of Fame with one hand :( But this is a good thing :)

16. joesr

joesr Member

If you have internet connected to your box, you can get the patch to add Dorsey. With internet it seems your roster rating can change too, which is bad arse.

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I noticed my first bug last night. When I started a game, a lot of the players' jerseys didn't have a number or name on them and some sounds weren't coming through like whistles for fouls and the shot clock getting low beeping.

Overall I like the game a lot. The framerate suffers in various views. In broadcast view it's pretty solid, but as soon as you go to any that might show the crowd more, it begins to studder. You notice this most during freethrows.

I'm a relatively crappy 2K player. I have problems performing the moves I want to, but have found that All-star level is a good level for me so far. I barely pull out games against teams. On Pro I was smoking the teams by 20+ points.

18. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

count me in
    Shaunjon- shaun WEEZ(360)

19. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

..I only play 2k tho. I don't mess with Live

20. xXj3rMeeXx

xXj3rMeeXx New Member

Chuck Hayes should have an ugly free throw and he should miss everytime no matter if you shoot it good or not

:D