1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Making space for Mutombo........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Solid
    Alston, Barry, Battier, Hayes, Landry, McGrady, Scola, Artest, Yao Ming,
    Dorsey, Brooks...............ELEVEN PLAYERS

FOR THE REMAINING FOUR ROSTER SPOTS
    Strawberry 5'5" Guard, Head 6'3" Guard, Harris 6'6" Forward, Francis 6'3" Guard
    Von Waifer 6'5" Guard and Mutombo 7'2" Center.

Who would you like to see fill the four remaining spots :p

2. thacokeguy

thacokeguy Member

so what ever happened to Novak?

3. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

he was traded to the clippers.

harris
    francis
    mutombo
    king lutha head

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was traded for a couple guys we cut.

5. kwng

kwng Member

I don't think Deke is coming back this season as a player. I do hope he can come back as an assistant coach though. It'll be Strawberry or Von Wafer to be the last one to make the team.

6. thacokeguy

thacokeguy Member

lol.. nevermind, forgot he got traded to the clippers

7. dexkk

dexkk Member

Head and Francis will make the cut regardless cause of their contracts. I believe last two spots will go to Harris and Mutombo but I heard good things about Wafer. Strawberry will most likely be cut.

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I thought we got a draft pick for him?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

strawberry has the skills to be a pg stopper in the league. This squad is soooo loaded. If you have a hard choice of how to cut it's sort of a good problem

10. REEKO_HTOWN

we got the option to trade spots in the second round of the 2010 draft i think

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Head, Deke, Harris and probably Francis. I'd like to have Von Wafer though. Von something, it's just cool. And then we could have a Wafer/Rafer backcourt. how's that?

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think its 2012 2nd round draft swap option. the 2010 clippers 2nd round draft pick went to the nuggets for camby

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think its 2012 2nd round draft swap option. the 2010 clippers 2nd round draft pick went to the nuggets for marcus camby

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think its 2012 2nd round draft swap option. the 2010 clippers 2nd round draft pick went to the nuggets for marcus camby

question: can you trade 2nd round picks in consecutive years? I'm 99% sure you can't

15. diegot143

diegot143 Member

keep Harris Deke head and either Strwberry or Francis. If it was me i would take strawbarry... Sorry Francis

16. REEKO_HTOWN

I really don't see it happening for stevie...ohh so sad; but hey, he might be good behind the booth

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Cut Wafer and Harris. Francis shouldn't even be in discussion of being cut.

18. joesr

joesr Member

I know we are all waiting for pre and season to start but this thread has been posted before, almost the same exact wording.

19. Asian Sensation

Keepers: Deke, Francis, Strawberry, Leunen

Deke- we need him for sure.

Steve Francis- We all (most of us) love Francis, he has gotten himself back into shape looks wise. Let's see if he can play productively on the court. I'm hoping he can have a similar role to what Bobby Jackson did for us last season. He should be given a roster spot.... low risk to medium/higher reward.

DJ Strawberry
    - I like DJ Strawberry. I think he is an interesting prospect who brings good size and has the potential to be a defensive stopper a la Bruce Bowen/Raja Bell as his career progresses. Besides, he's a few years younger than Luther Head and if he's given Head type minutes (20mpg) I'd like to see what he can do and I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

Maarty Leunen- Call me crazy but wee need to give this guy a roster spot. He doesn't do anything spectacularly well but he is solid at everything. He's played 4 years at UO and is one of those players that just understands the game and knows how to make sound plays. He will find the open man, knock down open jumpers, hustle for boards, play solid man D. He is like a Luke Walton type of player. If we are going to give a guy garbage minutes I want to see them go to Leunen.

Gonners: Head, Harris, Wafer

Luther Head- is a solid regular season player but he is what he is... an undersized 2 guard with no pg skills. He has shown flashes of being able to hit big shots and knock down the 3 in the regular season but I don't think that makes up for his lack of dribbling, defense, lack of penetration and clutchness in the playoffs. He is a solid player that has NBA game. I think he is better suited for another team though.

Mike Harris- With Artest on board Mike Harris is the odd man out. Hard worker, good guy etc but there's no room with Artest/Battier/Hayes/Landry/Dorsey

Von Wafer
    - Best known for getting T-bagged by Kirk Snyder. I never even knew he was on our squad.

20. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

we need mutombo...