1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Roster Salary

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rock8ts, Oct 4, 2008.

1. joesr

joesr Member

actually I want t to play less minutes too
    posted that many times before

2. joesr

joesr Member

Secondly dude, some of the reasons for me moving to Houston from San Diego was to have some chances of going to the Toyota center and also to finally view all 82 games for the first time. Waiting through 20 plus teams to see who the Rockets pick up in a draft. If that's your definition of a Yao'o'fan then whoa.

On a lot of the Ron Artest threads I always emphasized how I hoped it would bring 32-34 minutes to both YnT. But I guess you can see through your monitor and past me to see what I truly am for you to call me that.

/shrug

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Exactly.

Especially since we really only have one overpaid player (Tracy) and a few that are clearly underpaid. It's not like we're a team that has a bunch of bloated contracts. We may not be in the best financial situation as far as LT goes but we have alot of talent.

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

How are Mike Harris and Aaron brooks underpaid??

5. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

Tracy is a little high for his performance..

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

All of them are getting market value. Even in the case of Landry, his offer didn't max out the most he could get.

If there is no cap on what they can get, Tmac's probably would stay the same AT THE TIME he contracted. Yao's would go a lot higher.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you can't have your franchise player missing the playoffs. that's just a big no-no, esp. when that team has championship aspirations.

if yao gets injured this year, i doubt any team would give him the max b/c yao is turning 28.

but i do hope yao returns to his earlier years when he played 80+ games with ease. we need that yao ming right now.

8. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Sounds republican to me.. ;)

9. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

According to hoopshype McGrady and Artest are making 21.1 M and 8.45 M. Here's the link

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Edited: This is more like it.

The only 2 underpaid players in this roster are Ron and Scola. Ron's talent is worth much more than 7mil per year but he dug his own grave with his major mistake in '04 and has been paying for it for years. Scola was a very pleasant addition. We got him for $3 mil per year as a proven non-NBA player that could potentially bomb here. Instead he has outperformed our expectations in the NBA and been outstanding in non-NBA competition. If done today his salary would be at least 2mil higher if not more.

The 3 overpaid are steve, luther, tracy. Steve Francis is only overpaid due to the fact that he hasn't been able to play and he could still become a fair deal IF he manages to come back. Luther has been a fair deal during the regular season, it's the playoffs that he has been overpaid. Tracy was worth his salary the first couple years, since his decline in performance has made his salary not as good. Tracy would still be a great deal at Yao's salary though.

Everyone else is paid fairly for their services to this team. AB is a second year rookie that didn't do much last year so his salary is exactly what he is worth. Mike Harris is getting paid about the minimum and he should be. Rafer has been racked all over this board, but if you compare his salary to other PGs getting paid similar salaries he is a fair deal. Chuck is worth what he is getting paid, doesn't do much offensively and is small but a great strong defender nonetheless. Brent is a good player with championship experience that's 36 yrs. old and been injured, another fair deal. Shane has been worth every penny we've paid him yet he shouldn't be paid more than he is. Joey is another well compensated rookie that has yet to do anything, Carl has potential but his salary is tempered by injury concerns and only half a season's worht of production. Yao has been great when not injured so his salary is fair when healthy but another major injury this season and you start looking at 4 years in a row, major concern.

That's my take on it at least.

11. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

at 7million a year for Ron, I think that's fair considering the risk you are taking for having him. But judging from performance last year, i would rather swap his salary with tmac's.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thank you.