1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kahn] McGrady Needs to Shut Up and Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Oct 1, 2008.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yao was consistent in the 07 playoffs.

If memory serves, Tmac hasnt played 4 playoff series as a rocket.

2. Trisha

Trisha Member

I think Yao said he was 85% before the Olympics and let fans don't expect 100%,and his games later proved it.
    I never thought Yao's words was whining ,and I would rather he tell the truth than let me found in later and felt be fooled.
    also,seems nobody has bashed Yao for this...
    but for t-mac?
    let us be fair and tolerant.

3. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cpQwZC_ChcM&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cpQwZC_ChcM&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So funny.[​IMG]

4. Trisha

Trisha Member

I like here some posters said,Mcgrady is Mcgrady,he's what he is,now we all know what he is.let him coast in regular and as long as he show in playoffs it will be ok.
    he's not the man you're dreaming,he doesn't do everything you want or like,he even isn't the style you can accept and understand.but,if our parents want us to be the man they want while we can't then they hate us...
    I know you dislike T-Mac and want him out of town,but,since he's still in the team now,it's much better for the team to bless him healthy and great but bash and disparage,it's much happier to yourself to accept and try to understand him but just hate him.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's one playoff series (and he wasn't truly dominant in that, just pretty consistent).

tmac has played 3 playoff series as a rocket, and has put up around 28, 7, 7 in those 3 series on around 43% shooting. like i said, playoff-performance-wise, tmac has been our best playoff performer.

yes we haven't won and tmac should shoulde most of the blame b/c he's our best player. i'm fine with that. but people should also give him credit for being a great playoff performer so far as a rocket. hopefully this year, he'll do the same. with the added talent, playing like he has in the playoffs should be enough.

6. t_mac1

the irony is funny isn't it?

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think its agreeable that if you don't like McGrady, "criticize" and not throw in random jabs with no points or meaning except to insult. It gets annoying and childish.

I do agree that every rocket player (except Luther) seems to have a Yao card. Seems like whenever we lose the game and McGrady is present, every player takes out their Yao card and immediately they are free of blame. Even Bobby Jackson.....

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Whatever man. In two sentences, you said that no Rocket other than Tmac had performed consistently in the playoffs and that Tmac has stepped it up in the playoffs for the past 4 years.

Two sentences, two errors.

In the future, before you post, you should make an effort to ensure that your stats and references are accurate.

9. SupportingCast

he expects T-mac to bend the truth for the fans which is what T-mac should be doing. We don't need to know that his shoulder/knee are bothering him right now.... he could have danced around the question without drilling us with the bad news

10. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

hmm..not very agree with that but something are right..

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry,
    No. Great Playoff Performer back in my day meant WINS.
    you don't qualify if you don't win.

let me give you what GREAT PLAYOFF PERFORMANCES means:

In the NBA Finals, Houston met the Magic and the league’s great young center, O’Neal. The two big men had similar numbers as Olajuwon averaged 32.8 points, 11.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists to O’Neal’s 28.0 points, 12.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists. But the Rockets swept the series, making Houston the fifth NBA franchise to win back-to-back titles. For his spectacular play, Olajuwon was awarded his second consecutive NBA Finals MVP award.

12. t_mac1

sure, if the team had won tmac's performance would have been magnified even more. i'm just saying he had played well in the playoffs for us.

like your example, although shaq's magic lost to our hakeem, you can't say shaq played bad. shaq played great. hakeem just played historic.

13. t_mac1

in the past 4 years, name me. yao was above average in the dallas series. he was consistent in the jazz series.

shane was a ghost in the first jazz series on both ends; though he did show up last yr.

rafer SUCKED in the first jazz series; though he did played well last yr.

head sucked both series.

am i wrong?

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You are wrong. When you speak of playoff performances in the past 4 years, do you realize that the Rockets didnt make it in 05-06?.

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

And tracy was allways the only on performing. despite the losses. hating at the extrem. yao was allways injured was getting embrassed by okur and boozer. rafer has sucked in the last two years. battier the same.whilst tracy probaly could have done more then in the fourth quarters, it dosent diminish the fact he has been this teams best playoffs performer.

16. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Lol. mcgrady gets blamed for yaos injuries and lack of playoffs productioon. rafers suckiness. battiers choking in the playoffs. and alot more. but this clip is awesom. funny as hell.

17. t_mac1

um it helps if you read my post. i mentioned the dallas and 2 jazz series. but tmac has beenhere the past 4 years so that's what i meant. but i think my posts indicated that yes, we missed one year.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In other words, Tmac performs well in the playoffs except during the crucial stretches when it matters the most.

I think thats grounds for criticism.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I did read your post. Thats how I was able to point out your errors.

20. weidong082004

weidong082004 Member

Poor Tmac lover. How did your best playoffs performer performance ?

FG% 3P% FT%
    2006-2007 39.4 25.0 73.7
    2007-2008 42.5 20.8 62.3

Please wake up.