1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Marbury?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Sep 23, 2008.

1. MONON

MONON Member

DD, if you're still having problems winning consistently at Texas Hold'em; I have some advice for you.

You're probably good when 1 player raises you. If 2 players raise you, chances are 1 of them will destroy you!

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...do-to-Prove-He-Can-t-Help-Your-NBA-Team-.html

3. ThaBlackKnight

The problem is, when you sign a point guard that cant help his team win, that point guard is useless. He's too small to be 2 guard (Plus we already have Tmac and Barry there) and with 3 big time scoring options, we need a distributor at the point, not a guy who will look to make a name for himself.

As for Marbury wanting to seperate himself, he still believes he is the best point guard in the NBA. Watch the interview he had one "Quite Frankly". The man isn't "quite right" in the head...he really doesn't know that he's a another J.R. Rider.

4. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

What's so hard to understand!? Marbury doesn't help your team win. He never has, never will.

Don't look at Randy Moss, his teams in Minnesota were winning, and he was making others better. Daunte Culpepper was an MVP candidate. The stupid media drove him out of town. Any little thing he did was way overblown undeservedly. Probably the dumbest trade in NFL history. Sure he had behavior issues. But on the field he always produced. Teams were better when he played. The Raiders were like the Portland Jailblazers. Everybody quits.

Antoine Walker.... who said he was ever a cancer!? As far as I know he only had a shot selection issue. I don't see why people considered him a loser. I remember him being the leader of those Boston teams earlier in the decade that were making the playoffs. He'd be a welcome addition to any team(not currently) if not for his hefty contract.

Marbury stated himself that he can't be aggressive when he's trying to get others involved and into the game. He believe he's the best PG in the league. Nobody ever has anything good to say about him. Teams do better when he leaves.

This is not like other headcases that made the team better when they play. This is not the headcase whose problems don't affect what happens on the court. This guy is an on and off court cancer. Look at the Wolves, Suns, and Nets when he left. Those teams all had good success. Even the Knicks are better when he's not playing. This guy makes a team a whole lot better by cleaning his locker out.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

no need for him..

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly, if I were Marbury, I'd try and get a gig with PHX. Think about it, you got Nash, Shaq, and Marbury? That'd be really really big. Especially seeing as how Nash has some longevity issues now. I feel for the guy, but I think one nuttjob on this team is enough.

7. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Why would you risk screwing up the team right when we appear to have something special?

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

What is Amare? Chopped liver?

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He would have fit in with last year's mavs. Avery Johnson ran a lot of iso's for everybody. Maybe they can bring still bring him in to replace Devin Harris, they have similar offensive games.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We don't say the name of the man who cheated Yao out of ROY.

11. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

(for all of you closet 'Harry Potter' fans out there) then lets call him "he-who-shall-not-be-named."

12. homershy

homershy Member

I think Marbury not bad,He still a good player

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not when you have the nuts.....

I don't have trouble winning....I just hate suck outs.

DD

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No. I think if history has shown us anything, it's that Stephon Marbury only cares about individual stats and getting paid. Unless you want to discount the opinions of former teammates, coaches and hometown sportswriters who covered the teams he played for.

A guy like that doesn't really care about winning. It's a shame, because the talent is (or was...not sure) there. This team has a team mentality, thanks to Tracy and Yao, and it seems like Artest is on board with that. Throwing in a player with that kind of ego and baggage just seems like too big of a risk IMHO

15. HoustonJames

HoustonJames Member

It's a nice thought to think a player with his skills would want to put his ego aside and help a team win a championship, but keep in mind that his contract is being bought out and his focus right now is probably to add another big contract to the money he just got paid for sucking.

I would only sign him if he had a minimum deal so that once he pulled shenanigans we could get rid of him. I doubt that he would go for the minimum though seeing that the Heat would have interest. I think if one team has serious interest, and there's a few teams like the Rockets possibly hoping that we could get him for the minimum, there's probably one team that will give in and overpay for the cancer that he is.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

If and when we sign Landry, this thread dies as it should. We will already have luxury tax issues without signing the basket case that is Marbury.

17. icemanleung

icemanleung Member

that's totally a rumour.marbury,another francis like last season?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

What does SF think of Marbury? They used to be teammates afterall.

19. Jd1

Jd1 Member

:rolleyes: you know I obvious meant "say no to Starburry even if he plays for free" right?

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Problem is, he THINKS he's a leader, and I don't think he's capable of being a team player.

I say we let some other team make this mistake.