1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happend to Turbo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dafranchise0309, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I thought I remember reading the team let him go because they wanted to go in a different direction. They wanted a mascot that would appeal to all ages and a variety of people. they originally fired him in 94 or 95 and brought him back due to fans complaining. I think they figured they'd ease in clutch and that would make it easier to get rid of Turbo.

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

it be cool if clutch can sport the turbo outfit.

3. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I always wondered who turbo was

4. dafranchise0309

No, Austin Parkway...turbo was there WITH at the time too

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

i second the idea for a petition, as well...

someone should start one!

6. Jbueno08

Jbueno08 Member

haha i remember that! i was in 1st or 2nd grade at the time and it was during the playoffs when he came i think. Austin Parkway elementary was freakin ballin!

7. AXG

AXG Member

I think I remember the guy who played Turbo saying he needed to retire because he was getting too old and had too many injuries.

8. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

[​IMG]

If this is less gangsta than Clutch I dunno what are you talking about...

9. DCballer

DCballer Member

The guy retired years ago. Where have you people been? He was even honored at halftime during a game several years back.

10. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I always like Turbo more than Clutch. Clutch is downright cheezy, everything about him. Meanwhile, I remember Kevin Harlen on TNT referring to "this guy" doing some amazing dunks during timeouts, like the one where he stood on top of the left side of the goal, did a backflip and slammed it among other things.

Turbo was awesome.

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

He was great for his time, but with all the advancements in technology since then, I feel pretty confident saying that:

Dude who dunk in spandex < hot chicks who dunk in spandex (but less)

12. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

agreed.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The idea of a teddy bear for a mascot may be silly, but Clutch is highly respected and thought of as one of if not the best mascots in pro sports.

14. auddj

auddj Member

actually, the man that you all know as Turbo works at GreenEarth Fuels here in Houston.

15. Eddie5ball

Eddie5ball Member

There was 2 Turbo's. The original Turbo use to play pickup ball at Mason Park in southeast Houston. I use to play ball with him in my basketball days.

16. towW

towW Member

Man back then he was the mighty morphin' power ranger of mascots! He needs to come back.

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCOsu5YtlMY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCOsu5YtlMY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yep. He was good.

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Didn't they fire him ? For some reason I remember it being a big deal because everyone liked him. I always wondered how much mascots made !

19. dafranchise0309

We need to get that petition going! or hire the suns mascot and tell him since we already have a bear he can be our new turbo

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Shaq razorless?!?!?