1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

the best game system (again?)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chamillionaire, Sep 9, 2008.

?

which is the best?

1. nintendo wii

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. xbox 360

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. playstation 3

49 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. other

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Chamillionaire

which system is the best? has the best games? money not being a problem.

2. Chamillionaire

what`s wrong with Wii? I`ve heard a lot of good things about it.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Turbo Grafix 16

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

The fact that it is just a novelty. It's fun to play with firnds, but when you sit down for some all-out nerd-on game sessions, you don't want to be shaking the controller at the screen.

5. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

That's why you buy GameCube controllers. I've already had nerd-on game sessions just trying to unlock every vehicle and character on Mario Kart. Still have some work to do.

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

nerd gaming sessions? PC + WoW

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Neo Geo

8. mlwoo

Well if you buy Gamecube controllers, you are playing a Gamecube essentially because there is no graphical update. I played Mario Kart as well, and it was fun, but most of your in-depth games are going to be on 360 and PS3.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I did not know that. I was planning on buying one for my Daughter's Christmas present.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Depends on what you like.

11. famicom

famicom Member

A Famicom

12. Chamillionaire

PSP? Nintendo DS?

13. mlwoo

How old is your daughter? Is the system really for you or her?

It would probably be the best sytem for a young girl.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I love the wii and the controllers but the graphics on the PS3 just kill it.

15. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

Graphics (or lack of) don't bother me. I didn't play FF7 till long after it came out (when graphics were much much better than this). I thought the graphics were crappy when I first played. Didn't matter. It ended up being the best game I've ever played in my life.

I have Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, but I haven't played them yet. I want to unlock all this crap on Mario Kart first. Anyway, I heard it's pretty easy to get 120 stars in Galaxy, but Twilight Princess can take up a lot of my time if I want to get everything there is in the game.

16. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

The Wii is AWESOME! But in my opinion, it's the "dessert" of consoles - not enough substance to have on it's own, but a HUGE bonus if you have it as well as one of the others (360 or ps3).

17. mlwoo

Like I said, for the most basic games, the Wii will be fine. I played through part of Twilight princess when I used to have a Wii, and hated slashing at the screen.

If graphics don't bother you and you don't play games for a long time after they come out and you use Gamecube controllers, buy a Gamecube. It's cheaper.

If you want to play great games, play them on a non-gimmick console.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

my homeboy/homegirl mlwoo is right.

The wii is a gimmick and its not just about the graphics because i don't care that much about graphics either(atleast not when they're as good as they are now). The system and its games are marketed towards kids, families, and other people not part of the hardcore gaming demographic (nerdy males 15-35). Therefore, most of its games lack the complexities of those on the 360 and ps3.

If you really don't care about graphics you should try playing some of the older systems. They have the same great gameplay just worse graphics, and they're cheaper.

19. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

It's not that the Wii is a bad system because it's gimmicky, right now it isn't that good just because there aren't that many games for it at all. I was initially impressed with the relatively strong output of games that N came out with at first, but that has trickled into nothing pretty much. I expected a lot more announcements of SOMETHING by now.

imo, 360 is the much better combo of games + price.

ps3 for blueray + more reliability.

wii for the N games you can't live w/o, including VC.

If you are buying for a kiddy kid and not yourself, go for PS2, GC, or DS.

20. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

It's too early to say that Wii won't produce "great games". It's a Nintendo console and I'm a Nintendo fan. I love Mario/DK games, Zelda games, and Smash Brothers games. As long as they continue to make games of these series, I think buying a Wii was the right choice for me.

But in the end, it's not going to matter, because once Starcraft 2 comes out, that is ALL I'm going to be playing.