1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's Defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Butterfingers, Aug 18, 2008.

1. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

No, Yao is an above average defender, everybody agrees on that part, more people agree with me than you, get over it jesus you yao hater.

Stop responding too.

2. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

You can't just say "you are wrong, I am right" and expect me to surrender my point. Thats basically what you are doing.

I don't think I ever said Yao was not an above average defender (it depends on what you mean by "above average"). I just said he's not as good as Battier. And THAT most of the people in this thread have echoed.

3. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

Ok, well he can be elite, against certain players, He's above average most of time, Some say elite they are wrong, Some say he's above average and great you can't go wrong with that

Yao is not an elite defender, but he's probably elite in terms of man to man defender.

4. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

dude you know I am with you on this but Harping?! My grandma can stop Harping...

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I like Yao, but you have to look at this realistically. Great Defensive C= get defensive boards (outside of your immediate position), blocks, help side defense (altering shots) and physical presence. Due to Yao's lack of lateral mobility, wing span, and physical nature he struggles to do the above consistently. Those are just the facts. I'm not bashing him, just pointing out why he will probably never be considered a great defender at 7'6. He is average at best. It works for our team with players like Artest, Rafer and Battier on the perimeter keeping guys from penetrating easily. You look at players like D Howard, Duncan, and Chandler they do all those things well.

6. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Yao is nowhere near as good as duncan or KG as a defender. not even close. but he is alot better then people give him credit for. he's help defense is alot better then i see people nmaking it out. he's one-one defense is certianly above average to.he's a good solid defender without being elite.

7. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

The Tmac isnt point forward i love yao homer is back. this loser puts a tmac avatar so noone suspects what a yao-fan-boy-only he is.he is widely regarded everywhere as the yao troll.

8. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

I'm not going to bother with a loner e-thug like you, I just reported you instead

Good luck, panzy

9. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

You still have no clue what you are saying

Me = Tmacfan,

Get over it, that's why nobody likes you in your school probably or anywhere as a matter of fact

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

shane struggles with him more than anybody in the NBA. ask JVG.

11. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Mods please lock this thread up or ban tmacyaokobe01 from ruining this thread any further.

12. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

YAO IS A GREAT DEFENDER BUT HE IS A BETTER SCORER

I THINK THAT DWIGHT MIGHT BE A BETTER DEFENDER BECASUE HE LACKS IN SCORING AND YAO IS A GREAT SCORER BUT LACK A LITTLE IN DEFENDING.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I believe Yao is a very good defender playing against someone on the post. He either gets the block or changes the shot leading to a miss. His weakness on defense is his ability to play the pick and roll as all of you know. He's just a below average help defender. Nothing more nothing less. :(

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

lol.. as much as I hate Harpring I gotta give him credit.. he plays hard and physical.. dude should be in the NFL

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Here here.

16. stephen94

stephen94 Member

Yao can ruff it up with other big men, but when you get more agile players like KG or Jermaine in there, he's kinda so-so.

17. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Trolling is in he's genes.

18. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Yao is a great defender against the likes of shaq or even howard whom he has a history of shutting down. but as the warriors with harrington proved, you put a agile center who can run yao around, he's toast. thats not he's fault but the way he's body is. he's big and quiet slow. thats why dorsey will be a key. he can go with the quicker bigs now.

19. lastmanstanding

Yao is an average defender. Man to man he's pretty good though, of course he did get dominated both ends by Bogut and AJ during the regular season those two games but whatever.

20. stephen94

stephen94 Member

That's exactly what I said. :p