1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Fox Sports "Ming and Battier overrated"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rldewar, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

And Horry as #4? Three of these guys have worn a Rocket uniform.

Looks like I'm going to have to cast my Level 99 Tinman!

2. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Yeah this is stupid. Shane probably was overrated at one point in his career. But he is what he is, we know what we got in Shane. If anyone thought he was a superstar we would have already had a big 3. Outside of Howard who could you possibly rate over Yao at C for him to be overrated?

3. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

And now that everyone is calling Battier overrated, he is now back to being underrated.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Hmm... all Rockets, Heat, and Spurs. The writer must be a Mavs fan.

5. Darkoni

Darkoni Member

He has to be since he didn't include Dirk!

6. Red1Rocket

Red1Rocket Member

If anything, Battier is one of the most underrated players in the league.

7. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Yao is the best or second best center in the league depending on who you ask. He does need to experience some playoffs success being the tallest player in the league, but it will come. Battier is a great defender and widely thought of as a top notch defender in the league. Battier is a great effort defender, and high basketball IQ defender. However as much of a lockdown defender as a Artest, Prince, etc. Because of physical limitations, such as athleticism, not the long arms as a Prince. Very limited offensively, but hey he was a lottery pick, we gave up a lottery pick, and a ex lottery pick to get him. I do think he is tad bit overhyped because he could never be the third or second option if we needed him two.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's getting wide open shots basically - tons of dunks, benefitting from doubles on kobe and lebron.

9. sook

sook Rookie

No your wrong...D-wade basically killed it out there and has proved his haters wrong.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You've obviously not been watching Team USA play.

11. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Wow... no Camby?

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You gotta be rated to be overrated. I feel safe in saying whoever did the rankings is neither overrated or even rated.

13. csux

csux Rookie

Looks like everybody on this list is pretty good. If you put this team on the floor at any given night, they can beat anybody.

PG Dwade
    SG Battier
    SF Horry
    PF Marion
    C Yao

Overrated? or dominated?

14. alibaba3876

alibaba3876 Member

i dont think we should talk about this topic

muray is so canny,i dont think he will do anything stupid

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Wow awful list. The only one I partially agree with is Yao. I don't think in general Yao is overrated, but he is overrated in Houston. When I talk to people in other cities, they think Yao is a good center. In Houston, the fans think he's better than Dwight Howard and will call him the best center in the NBA.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Your post made zero sense.

17. UND3RxOATH

UND3RxOATH Member

Writer is a r****d. I'm surprised T-Mac isn't number 1 at the rate he was going. Since we all know that T-Mac can't get passed the first round.

-------------- Side Note --------------

I love T-Mac, I believe he is still one of the Top 10 players in the league and he can do it all. I was speaking out of the writer point of view.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How some people get these jobs just baffle me. This is exactly why people get their news from other sports networks.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Let me see, they listed, as overrated, a guy who carried his team to an NBA championship, a guy who is one of the most clutch shooters ever (and has 7 NBA championship rings to boot) a guy who was listed as a bust BEFORE he even played in the NBA (with ESPN going as far as to call him the Chinese Shawn Bradley), and a guy who is considered one of the top ROLE PLAYERS in the league, not a superstar, a role player. They listed THOSE guys as overrated!? That just tells me that that guy is either,

a.)An idiot, or

b.)Just looking for attention

On a side, I think I would have pretty damn good chance of winning an Olympic medal with that team as my starting lineup.

20. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Yao is overrated, time to cash in while he still has value. I have ALWAYS thought our team would be much better with out Yao and a faster more athletic center. Yao is only good when its the right match up. But im not going to lie I love having Yao on our team, I love that other teams have to create a new defensive strategy just for Yao.