1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs. Germany Aug 16 - 7:00am

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Rockets_Truth, Aug 16, 2008.

1. stephenleeking

yeah China wins

go yao :D

2. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

the people that are saying that dirk choked are delusional. it was pure luck (the in and out) and the referees (the offensive foul by dirk seemed questionable, but probably was ok. the traveling call was bull**** and even if it was a travel it normaly wouldn't have been called. the missed call at the end where dirk brought the ball up sealed the deal.) that made dirk look bad.

dirk didn't play good, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean he choked at the end.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I thought your team is not very good this time, they lost Spain and other team with many points when China and Spain were playing a close game. I just hope your team can play better vs USA, if not, it would be a blow out.

4. jlwee

jlwee Member

At least Yi hit his last shot else i would have blasted him!

5. rznqp

rznqp Member

Agree with you.

6. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

It seems to me that Germany does not have a offensive game..they have such offensive talents in Dirk, but they just cant operate. Their guard wants to shoot long 3s all game long, and the coach is not stopping them.
    They would lose to the Rockets team 100-40 or something like that. Any team with decent to good defense will be able to shut this team down.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Thanks everyone!!! I can not watch the game because it was not on the NBC, but I am very happy for the Yao's win. I would think the Yao will retire from the CNT if the Chinese team can go to the top 4.

8. iPoor

iPoor New Member

9. Glacier

Glacier Member

Yao 25pts/11rbs/2as. This could be his stats in 08-09 season.

10. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

German play physical which is their advantage, they lost to Spain/Greece which are better teams. They reply too much on Dirk/Kaman

11. lingxia273

lingxia273 New Member

I just have watched the game. Yao 25 scores and 11 rebounds

12. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

wow, 2 of the Germany starter are pointless? Germany lost because their guard is about same level as Chinese guard

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Germans had very good oppoutunities to win the game, but they were jacking up shots after shots. Especially Dirk and Kamen. Dirk was guarded pretty heavily most of the time, yet he still decides to take heavily contested shots. As for Kamen, he is the best player for Yao to defend. Limited offensive moves and relies on his size and strength. The thing I don't understand is why he was forcing hook shots on Yao. His attempts to back down on Yao fails miserably, yet he still decides its a good idea to throw a jump hook over Yao when Yao was in great defensive position......

Liu Wei (the chinese PG) jacked up horrible shots at the end, I was screaming THROW IT TO YAO at the television. At some point I was expecting Clyde Drexler to swear.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoaMdc8qGho&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoaMdc8qGho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Liu Wei is so unbelievably bad!

The fact that China cannot field a better point guard than this sakker is such an embarrassment for China basketball guards.

He can't guard anybody (lateral movement tooooo slow, slower than me) and he can't bring the ball up to the 3pt line without someone setting a screen for him, EVERYTIME!

Okay occasionally he hits some big shots. But I can't believe someone like him plays PG for China for so many years without a better replacement.

15. Spanish_Rox_Fan

congratulations to all chinese people ;)

Yao 1/1 3pts
    mmm...great!

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

lol, wut?

17. chenkun0099

chenkun0099 Member

18. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

well, the only reason he's playing pg is because he's better than all the other pgs (i.e. #4 Chen)

19. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

so who does China face in quarter finals??? Argentina?

20. jli

jli Member

I agree with you on those calls. Hey we are the home team. What can you expect ? ;)